What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V's Bunnies. Post Match Talk

princess plj

Juniors
the first half- we were scrappy giving away penalties- i was screaming at the tv...second half we were like a new team. robbie o was fantastic as was bedsy.....abs was also good as well.....over all the second half was a great effort by the boys...lets hope they will play as well as the did in the second half next week

Risa

Bench
I think we should hope they play well for the entire 80 minutes next week.

Simplycheeky

Juniors
The guys looked flat to me from the time they ran out....Obviously Hages gave it to them at the break because they were a different team in the second half! I think they had read the Rabbitohs team sheet and thought pfttt. Cakewalk!
:roll:
I am also concerned about the crowd. But in my opinion the crowd hasn't been as vocal since the NRL refused to let the team warm up on the field. I am probably way off base here but I think when we used to watch the boys warm up people felt more connected with the team..almost like they were watching their own get ready for a contest! Now its like we just come along to watch a team from our area compete against a team from a different area! :?

mat_parsons

Juniors
As I was away from town I followed score on my mobile phone. I looked at score after first 15 minutes and it was 4 - 4. I was shocked that Souths scored first try :shock: Then on half time my heart stoped as they lead by 2 pts. In 77th minute it was 24 - 8 and on full time I was finally relived ...

Now, I didn't watch the game to comment, but I've noticed (over longer period of time) that we nearly always receive 2 tries in first 10 minutes. It's like our defence doesn't work in that time. Thanks God it wasn't 2 tries against Souths - my mobile would be smashed now.

My point is that coach should address that issues and make them work hard from start so they don't have to struggle in last minutes to win, especially with stronger teams. Someone mentioned that we need defence coach - that's good idea (if the club has funds).

After all 2 points in bag and good preparation for 2 hard upcoming weeks.

IanG

Coach
thuganomics said:
Im still worried about the crowd. #-o
Yeah about 15,000

I don't think supporters liek the 5:30pm Saturday timeslot, but I've heard not many clubs liek that time for home games

Gooba

Juniors
the 5:30 game is very hard to get to if you play football yourself. Me as an under 16's player, i play at 4 or 5 usually. so if i cant go my family cant go. smae with other players. i think the nrl should look at this closly and make al saturday games at 7:30. i suppose if u were an arm chair supporter u would disagree with me. more fans, more money, better games!

Its the worst we played since Johns left and in the end we won easily. A very disturbing first half of football, but a young and inexperienced side will always play down to the level of their opposition when none of the experienced hands got involved, and when they did they got it done.

Robbie O'Davis was that guy. Buderus was good as always, but O'Davis' injection was what really lifted them out of the bad start and got us home. A few errors to him, so I'd give him an 8 out of 10, but he was easily the best on field last night.

Oh, and the 5:30PM start is not for Newcastle. Save it for New Zealand or any of the variously underperforming teams.

keeney

First Grade
his only error i can think of was that kick, which was a better kick than most of kidleys, so im not too concerned

MC DUI

Juniors
Oswin said:
Woolnough – Fairly quiet overall, but did fairly well at the territory-making work. He seemed to work hard, but was overshadowed by his fellow forwards. Not a bad performance 6.5/10

I thought Woolnough had a great game, yes he wasn't flashy but he did the hard stuff, especially in defence. He also came close to scoring on one of our attacking raids.

He came up with 32 Tackles and 13 Hit-ups for 102 metres.

Perry had 19 Tackles and 13 Hit-ups for 124 metres.

Wooly had a great game and there you can see it in black and white.

On a very positive note people I just noticed that we are sitting in eight position on the ladder. Now that is something we can be very happy with :D

antonius

Coach
Great summation of the game and player performances Sam. As everyone has said Robbie O wound the clock back tonight, he was almost a ten out of ten, very good under the ball and made some great takes under pressure, brought the ball back strongly made two try saving tackles, and scored his own try, I thought Buderus (again) Perry, and Daniel son had great games also. I also thought Hall had a very good game, scored two tries, made a lot of dummy half runs to take the work off our forwards and defended very strongly. I think the point someone made re playing down to the opposition is very pertinent to our first half effort, we were going through the motions, Hages mut have ripped into them at half time. Your observations on M.Gidley are close to the mark too, not involved enough for a player of his standing in the club and he managed to throw another of those long, nothing passes on our line again last night, obviously the kick up the arse he got the other week wasn't hard enough. The second half lifted my spirits a bit, I was really down at half time I can tell you, and I think it has a lot to do with how quiet the crowd is lately, They (the crowd) don't know what's coming next. Carmont had another solid game, scored a try, and gave the pass for another, I can't see Hughes presuring him in the near future. As for the low crowd figures, Saturday games are, and always have been bad news for Newcastle. Too much junior sport going on on Saturdays for families. In the end we got the points in a pretty ordinary performance by the team, only brightened by the form of a few of our players, saying that I think you'll find the side will performat a much higher level next week against the Dogs, we always do lift for the big games. Oh yes also forgot to mention Lowrie even though he threw that intercept he made 28 tackles and 14 hit ups, Wooly also had another solid game.

keeney

First Grade
MC DUI said:
Oswin said:
Woolnough – Fairly quiet overall, but did fairly well at the territory-making work. He seemed to work hard, but was overshadowed by his fellow forwards. Not a bad performance 6.5/10

I thought Woolnough had a great game, yes he wasn't flashy but he did the hard stuff, especially in defence. He also came close to scoring on one of our attacking raids.

On a very positive note people I just noticed that we are sitting in eight position on the ladder. Now that is something we can be very happy with :D

wooly made 29 tackles...

Robbie was magic and has been for the last few games.I think he should have been in the 22 Qld squad-Especially in front of "the crab" Hegarty who hasnt got a game yet and who got his start because of an O davis injury last year.If O davis doesnt do more than this benchie then Im not here.
O davis try was a great worked move that you could see was happening from The Goninan end of the field
Perrys injury was silly-Went for a shoulder charge and got it all wrong.
Chip KIck-YYYEEESSSS!-Great to see some variety
Carmont-A huge fan now-Really is exciting

Abraham-needs to work on kicks 10m in from the sideline as he reall struggles here.No dramas 20m either side of the posts.

On the whole-satisfying win but not fullfilling.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Can I ask.. the people saying the crowd is nothing, do you go to the games?
I have been for the past 2 games and the crowd is elecric where I sit. It's been great we are really vocal, screaming and yelling.
On the game the first half was very sloopy and I was pretty dissapointed, but we came out in the second half a better side. Robbie was the standout for the night, he also got MOM at the ground. Danny was at his best as was Abes. I think Mander had a pretty good gamein the first half, however the amount of times that Souths was offside in the second half was ridiculas, he let them off all the time, then in the sports ears was going on to Danny about kepping the Knights on side, he should take alot at Souths first. That was the only thing that annoyed about his game.
I was happy we got the 2 points, but some improvment needs to be made by next week.

~bedsy~

First Grade
:lol: Could be... me and the old ladies next to me anyway. I sit in the new Earsten grandstand, there is always screaming and yelling going on around us and it's great.

~bedsy~

First Grade
yes... this one lady was going off at Hughsey in reserve grade... like it's all up to him to win the game :lol:
They love Robbie to peices I found out last night. They were screaming at poor little Kurt. Man they crack me up. :lol:

Doctor

Bench
Ha Ha :lol: :lol:
Read your own selected quotes there Bedsy:

bedsy said:
I have been for the past 2 games and the crowd is elecric where I sit.

......... I think Mander had a pretty good gamein the first half

I think it's fairly clear who wasn't at the game - the referee was Shayne Hayne. ;-) :lol:

Good point MC DUI - I was unaware of the statistics at the time of posting. I based much of my comments on how prominent the players were - to Woolnough's credit he performed well without trying to be the hero. If anything, the statistics prove he was quiet, but effective in defence especially.

The stats seem to confirm how good Perry was off his 13 runs - it works out at nearly 10 metres every time he ran at the line. You should also factor in that he was injured and subsequently taken off before returning later on.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Oswin said:
Ha Ha :lol: :lol:
Read your own selected quotes there Bedsy:

bedsy said:
I have been for the past 2 games and the crowd is elecric where I sit.

......... I think Mander had a pretty good gamein the first half

I think it's fairly clear who wasn't at the game - the referee was Shayne Hayne. ;-) :lol:
Everyone knows I can't spell :lol:

Der... I knew it was Hayne, who knows what I was thinking... give me a break I'm trying to do 10 timelines buy the 14th of May. :oops: :lol:

Latest posts