What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights vs Dragons official team

RABK

Referee
Burwood said:
Team has been named:
  1. Kurt Gidley
  2. Brian Carney
  3. Matthew Gidley
  4. George Carmont
  5. Brad Tighe
  6. Jarrod Mullen
  7. Andrew Johns (C)
  8. Craig Smith
  9. Danny Buderus
  10. Adam Woolnough
  11. Steve Simpson
  12. Todd Lowrie
  13. Reegan Tanner
INTERCHANGE
  1. Luke Davico
  2. Kirk Reynoldson
  3. Josh Perry
  4. Riley Brown
I guess the biggest surprise there is that Woolnough has retained his starting position over Perry.

Cheers to Burwood for the team. We normally have the official team in it's own thread for discussion that's all.

Still a very good team if that is the team that does take the field, if we are missing Buderus, Simpson, Mullen or Carmont we could be in some trouble though.

That said the Dragons are hardly setting the comp on fire and have quite a few injury concerns.

I can see 5 on the trot personally.

Frederick

Staff member
Good to see Lowrie keep a starting spot ahead of Reynoldson. He really has taken his game to a whole new level this year.

Jono078

Referee
If those 4 are out you think the team would be something like

1. Hinton
2. Carney
3. Gidley
4. Tighe
5. Cooper
6. Gidley
7. Johns
8. Smith
9. Brown
10. Woolnough
11. Lowrie
12. Reynoldson
13. Tanner
--
14. Perry
15. Davico
16. Tolar
17. Bailey

So still not a bad team.

Dragons have won a few close games up here in recent times. Hopefully it changes on Friday and we win.

antonius

Coach
Gotta feel for Tolar, he's been our best off the bench all year, now can't get a look in. A full game at fullback for Kidley is a concern. He's been OK there filling in recently, but he'll be tested there this week.

I was just thinking that.

How on earth Tanner keeps on making the team is beyond me..... Why not move Woolnough to the backrow and have Tolar in?

And even though Hinton is 3rd string I'd still much rather a recognised fullback.

RABK

Referee
Recognised fullback? That ain't Kidley. He averaged 4 mistakes a game playing there in late 02.

Red and Blue Knight said:
Recognised fullback? That ain't Kidley. He averaged 4 mistakes a game playing there in late 02.

Sorry I obviously didnt word that clearly enough I meant that even though Hinton maybe our 3rd string fullback I'd still rather him in that position

antonius

Coach
The full games I've seen of Kidley at fullback seriously he was bad. That was a few years ago though. But positionally he was poor, and he was terrible pressured under high balls. In fact he was so bad Hagan dropped him from the position and I think put Abes back there for a few games. I know it wasn't a recognised fullback at the time ( I know Abes originally was a fullback) and we were stretched in that area. I'd have Tolar in the side in front of Tanner. Tolar is mobile enough,can offload the ball, and has a step.

RABK

Referee
Tanner seems to be a favourite but i don't think he really offers much at all. With Lowrie you get the defence of Tanner but a much more dangerous running game.

If someone like Lowrie or Abraham misses out on the finals because of this obvious favouritism towards Tanner i'll be pissed.

antonius

Coach
Tanner seems to be a favourite but i don't think he really offers much at all. With Lowrie you get the defence of Tanner but a much more dangerous running game.

If someone like Lowrie or Abraham misses out on the finals because of this obvious favouritism towards Tanner i'll be pissed.
Abes'll be back full steam ahead in the next couple of weeks you watch ;-) Lowrie is in front of Tanner and Reynoldson IMO, in fact I'd be picking Tolar in front of him as well. Reyno is a toiler, I just think Tolar offers a bit more.

Roy

Juniors
tanner is only in the side imo because he has the "i played every game last year" tag.

6.mullen
7.johns
Lets hope thats a sign of things to come.

RABK

Referee
A lot of our line breaks came of the back of Tolar off loads, he is much more selective and accurate with his compared to Woolnough and Perry.

Milton and Tolar have been missed more then we have realised, Tolars second phase play along with Miltons line breaking ability is a lot of the reason our attack has literally stunk for about 5 weeks now.

antonius

Coach
A lot of our line breaks came of the back of Tolar off loads, he is much more selective and accurate with his compared to Woolnough and Perry.

Milton and Tolar have been missed more then we have realised, Tolars second phase play along with Miltons line breaking ability is a lot of the reason our attack has literally stunk for about 5 weeks now.
Couldn't agree more, we have been too straight up and down in recent weeks. Last week with no Simmo only made it more obvious. Reyno looks lost when he runs off Johns

We are still getting the 2 points however we are not showing the level of class that we have previously, everytime hits a flat though and the fact that we are still getting the 2 points each weeks fills me with great expectations come september.

Particularly if we can hit our previous form.

Jono078

Referee
I really cant wait til the day Thaiday and Tolar are back in the team, just like RABK said we are that much better with them 2 in the team.

Latest posts