What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights vs Dragons official team

Jayell

Juniors
I have no idea how Tanner makes our starting 13 every week- i think he should be in premier league and stay there. i complain about this alot cos each week i seek him f**k up on numerous occassions.
Maybe i'm missing something.....
This friday i am gonna pay close attention to Reegan and see if i can see the positives that Hagan obviously thinks outweighs the negatives.
Prove me wrong Reegan......

Doctor

Bench
Red and Blue Knight said:
Recognised fullback? That ain't Kidley. He averaged 4 mistakes a game playing there in late 02.

That was four years ago. A lot has changed.

I for one don't share the cynicism that many are expressing about Kurt Gidley at fullback. Some of you need to revise what you are saying in light of what you have said only last week. You have called (as I have) for Kurt to be moved (albeit to centre) or at the very least out of a playmaking position. That has now happened -- and yet you're still complaining. I'm a tad lost.

Kurt will do a good job in the number 1 jersey, his defence is solid, he's fit, he's good linking with Mullen and Johns (as evidenced last week) and he has been there before. I think he will prove a lot of knockers wrong -- so too will Mullen who gets his first opportunity at 5/8th ahead of Kurt.

Doctor

Bench
Jayell said:
I have no idea how Tanner makes our starting 13 every week- i think he should be in premier league and stay there. i complain about this alot cos each week i seek him f**k up on numerous occassions.
Maybe i'm missing something.....
This friday i am gonna pay close attention to Reegan and see if i can see the positives that Hagan obviously thinks outweighs the negatives.
Prove me wrong Reegan......

My main beef is that he gets smashed every week, which isn't the sort of reputation you want to have. He's a honest toiler, and I can't knock his commitment. To keep running in and being smashed every hit up is a credit to the bloke. He isn't the most talented there, but he does his best. My only hope is that if others are playing better than we give them an opportunity, even if it means moving Reegan back to Premier League.

He was the only bloke that played all of our games last year -- that's the sort of quality we've needed in recent times.

jamesgould

Juniors
Oswin said:
That was four years ago. A lot has changed.

I for one don't share the cynicism that many are expressing about Kurt Gidley at fullback. Some of you need to revise what you are saying in light of what you have said only last week. You have called (as I have) for Kurt to be moved (albeit to centre) or at the very least out of a playmaking position. That has now happened -- and yet you're still complaining. I'm a tad lost.

Kurt will do a good job in the number 1 jersey, his defence is solid, he's fit, he's good linking with Mullen and Johns (as evidenced last week) and he has been there before. I think he will prove a lot of knockers wrong -- so too will Mullen who gets his first opportunity at 5/8th ahead of Kurt.

I agree - apart from Thaiday missing I reckon this is about our best side of the year!

Tolar will have to fight his way back into the side, coz the forwards are doing a great job right now ... but he'll be back sometime in the next few weeks.

What has Hages got against Dan Tolar? On his form beofre his injury, he has gotta be in the 17 somewhere...

I've got my fingers crossed for Kidley at fullback. It's obviously a risk, but against a good kicking side like the Dragqueens, a rookie fullback like Hinton would have been a risk too...

Doctor

Bench
The_Joey_Show said:
What has Hages got against Dan Tolar? On his form beofre his injury, he has gotta be in the 17 somewhere...

I've got my fingers crossed for Kidley at fullback. It's obviously a risk, but against a good kicking side like the Dragqueens, a rookie fullback like Hinton would have been a risk too...

We blooded Michael Young at fullback against the Dragons a couple of years ago -- by that stage he had played a couple of games, but he hasn't played since.

He has also since moved to Lock (EDIT* accidentally said "fullback" before) -- I still think he's a good performer for our Premier League team and hope to one day see him push his way into first grade. He still lists fullback as his preferred position... although it looks like Thaiday, Seage, Cooper, Hinton and Kurt Gidley are all in front of him.

antonius

Coach
Kidley suffers the same panic at fullback when pressured as he does at 5/8th (ie:- when he has to think quickly he fails) I have no doubt he will be good linking in attack, his errors before were under high balls, and positioning. The last couple of weeks that he's filled in there briefly he's been OK because nobody has pressured him with kicks and good chases, that will change with the Dragons. Sure I've been saying he shouldn't be a playmaker because again he doesn't think quickly enough, with Johns there he doesn't have to, playing fullback is different to centre where most suggest he would excel (me included) I hope you're right Oswin, I'm not as confident. I think we would have been better leaving Kids at 5/8th (plays OK there with Johns beside him) Give Mullen a rest after playing tonight, and get Hinton in the side, he would handle it no probs, I know you rate Young, but honestly Nathan Hinton is a much better fullback than Young, he is ready for first grade, he was ready last year. As for Tolar having to fight his way back James, I think he deserves the same loyalty Hagan seems to have reserved for several other players in the the team that haven't performed half as well as Tolar, but walk straight back into the side from injury/suspension. Depends who you are as far as Hagan is concerned, Tolar desrves his place back, at the expense of either Tanner or Reynoldson, he's simply a better player than both of them.

RABK

Referee
Wonder if the "Dragons army" will come into town beating their chests proclaming Newcastle a town of bogan hicks and sewing queens only to go running for the hills screaming blue murder when two drunks throw 3 beer cans at them.

Happened last year. :lol:

Ben

Bench
I think Kidley will play pretty well at fullback, well in attack at least. I think he will be much more potent playing wider out and basically using his running game instead of his playmaking game. He has a great step and good strength for a small guy and i think he will be very dangerous running off a couple of Joey's second man plays.

Hopefully after this game, Hagan will see that Kidley is much better running the ball through holes than setting someone up. Maybe Hagan will decide to move him to the centres after this game. We can all dream but i seriously hope this does happen because Kidley isn't made to be a five-eighth.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight,

Mate after the 50 point flogging you gave us earlier this year I doubt they'll say boo!

Doctor

Bench
antonius said:
get Hinton in the side, he would handle it no probs, I know you rate Young, but honestly Nathan Hinton is a much better fullback than Young

No arguments there. I didn't say anywhere that he deserved to be ahead of the fullbacks mentioned (Thaiday, Seage, Cooper, Hinton and Kurtley). I only mentioned him as an example of a player who has played fullback in his first couple of games and performed credibly. He is fast proving himself capable of filling gaps -- the fact he held down a centres position last year, and this year managed to keep Abraham out of Lock is a sign he's performing well. I'm just saying it's never too late for the bloke.

Oswin said:
No arguments there. I didn't say anywhere that he deserved to be ahead of the fullbacks mentioned (Thaiday, Seage, Cooper, Hinton and Kurtley). I only mentioned him as an example of a player who has played fullback in his first couple of games and performed credibly. He is fast proving himself capable of filling gaps -- the fact he held down a centres position last year, and this year managed to keep Abraham out of Lock is a sign he's performing well. I'm just saying it's never too late for the bloke.

Dont ya hate it when a Kurtley slips out.Your on the money with kidley, just hope that crl game taught him about tight footy, (tonight as well).