What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V's Eels Post Match Talk

les norton

First Grade
exknightsfan said:
les norton said:
we all take a loss badly xKF but theres taking a loss badly and deserting your team....we dont like that around here.

oh gee, im sorry les, ill try and be more happier just for you, next time we lose to a bunch of toe rags

not happy..you shocker. no ones happy. Read the post

redeel

Juniors
wow you could carve the anger with a knife in here.
and tyne what s that shit about no better than parra supporters, some of us are true blue and gold so dont put us all in your hand bag, we may be one of the more crappier teams, but remember we beat you twice this yr, and about should have won games, we know all about that courtesey of you guys cica 2001.
All aint lost for you guys its 1 game get a handle on it, you have the players and coach to get there, you just have to stop big gids from playing dumb plays
Have a nice day nighty knights, cause i sure will, oh and thank you mr gidley :clap: :lol:

Hell Bitch

Juniors
IMO the Eels arent some crap lot of easybeats that should have been steamrolled.

They are a very good football team that has been out of sorts for whatever reasons and their recent run of form is really not a reflection of their ability.

They beat us by 2 points.

I,m not ready to open a vein just yet.

redeel

Juniors
good onya hell, thanks for seeing things as they are, and being noble in defeat.
one of the true supporters im sure

antonius

Coach
Ex Knights Fan, you need to settle down mate, one loss that's what is was, if your going to come on here with angry pills like that after a loss your not going to get too many people listening to your opinions. Who you going to support now then? the Dogs because they won on Friday? We played pretty crap last night, then we tend to do that against teams we think we'll beat, watch the team lift when we meet the Roosters, Not an ideal way of looking at it, but unfortunately that's the way the teams been for a while now. I thought we lost it when M.Gidley decided to use the elbow in a tackle when we were on a roll, and on the second tackle to boot, Dumb, Dumb move,then again Midley tends to do that, then to top it off when we had the ball with 90 secs to go Kidley decides to throw that pass on their line and whammo we're gone. If the pass had gone to it's intended reciever we would have scored, That's life. Whoever said there was no backing up the ball runner was spot on, I lost count of the times Carmont got in the clear only to find he was on his own,. All in all it was an ordinary game by both sides. Very dissapointing.

astrogirl

First Grade
Glenn said:
I think some people need a dose of reality here, from a Parramatta supporter who has been supporting the team through this latest slump, stick by the team in the good times and the bad. Despite this loss tonight, I would be very surprised if Newcastle aren't in the mix come finals time. 8)
Thanks for providing some balance to this thread Glenn. I was out and didn't see the game and will admit to feeling terribly disappointed when I saw the full time score via text message.

My flatmate told me about the last 5 or so minutes of the game. Apparently Kurt had a shocker but I can forgive him - he's a young player, new to playmaking responsibilities (esp without Joey) and I think that making this mistake is all part of his learning process. Yes, it cost us 2 competition points but I'm happy to get over and look forward to next week's game. Kurt's mistake would only disappoint me if he makes the same mistake in coming weeks, and I doubt that that will happen.

I still think we'll make the 8, and I reckon that I'm much happier that we lose a game in this fashion now, than during the finals. My only worry is that this damages Kurt's confidence.

gaterooze

Bench
Kurt will learn from this. Maybe his head was getting too big from the Origin call-up, negotiations etc. This will certainly bring him down to earth.

For the rest of it -- I'm a Knights fan, and I would be even if we lost every single week. I was extremely happy at the 75min mark last night... and yeah, like everyone else I was gutted at the 80min mark. But that's not going to change my love for the team one little bit.

Put it in the "let's pretend that didn't happen" basket and look forward to next week's game, win or lose!

mat_parsons

Juniors
Jesus Crist, what's going on?

We had Broncos and Dogies and now we lost from 5-losses-in-row-shit. Could somebody explain, plz?

I was dissapopinted not because we lost the game but because I knew they can beat Parra but they simply allow themself to play that shit.

And don't give hard time to exknights fan, he has every right to be angry, he'll settle down eventually and I don't think he's up to giving up on Knights. After all remeber me after Canberra game(although I wasn't angry with Knights but with some ppl on forums)? Thanks God keeny didn't pick on him yet :lol: :lol:

(See how much we missed old good Parso 8) )

macavity

Referee
Hell Bitch said:
IMO the Eels arent some crap lot of easybeats that should have been steamrolled.

They are a very good football team that has been out of sorts for whatever reasons and their recent run of form is really not a reflection of their ability.

I disagree. We SHOULD have steamrolled them. They didn't play particularly well. We, however, played awfully.

The Knights enthusiasm was the worst I have seen this season, even worse than against the Dragons.

If we had played with the same intensity as against the Dogs & Bronx, we would have smacked them.

Its 24hrs later and im still filthy.

I also cant believe how much we lacked direction. Where were you Kids and Bedsy (esp Kids!!). We have a better team than THAT display.

If we lose to the Cows next week I will be REALLY filthy. :evil: :evil:

I will still support my club though.......

foetus_head

Juniors
I was so happy with Kidley, then he threw that pass, whhhhhhhy.... :(

Oh well, hopefully this will inspire us to play better next week. And exknightsfan, if you don't want to be a dedicated knights fan then don't, I am sure we can live without your support :roll:

keeney

First Grade
i didnt see the game, how did dan tolar go, says he amde 40m from 4, prety good for a young prop how much game time did he get?

tinkerbell

Juniors
What's with the attitudes around here? One loss and we're no longer in contention for the top 8? C'mon on! And as for losing to "the worst team in the comp," parra certaintly didn't play like the worst team in the comp last night. I watched the game and I thought it was a good, tough game, that unfortunately we didn't win. It's not like the boys didn't turn up to play, they tried. I thought we had it in the bag, and it was crushing to see parra score that try in the last 30 secs, but that's football. I'm sure the boys will get over it and get back to winning form next week.

BTW, I thought Quinn played fantastically.

IanG

Coach
Well what can I say. Maybe I put the kiss of death on them a couple of weeks ago when I said it was our chance to have a good solid win.

I hope Michael Hagan gave them an earbashing after that. I suppose it's a lucky thing I wasn't there last night

mat_parsons

Juniors
tinkerbell said:
One loss and we're no longer in contention for the top 8? C'mon on! And as for losing to "the worst team in the comp," parra certaintly didn't play like the worst team in the comp last night.

One loss.

Dragons - OK first week 'after Joey' and so many injuries, you couldnt expect any better.

Roosters- OK good performance the ref stuffed it up.

Canberra - Geez everyone defeated them except for us.

Melbourne - suicadal situation esspecialy at half time.

Parramatta - 5 losses in row. Parra should struggle to beat Souths not us.

tinkerbell said:
And as for losing to "the worst team in the comp," parra certaintly didn't play like the worst team in the comp last night.

True. We did. :( :(

exknightsfan

Juniors
ok,ok,ok, im sorry i over reacted, but damn, u try watching the game with your brother, a die hard eels fan, while u dressed in your knights outfit with your bar in the living room decked out to the max in knights gear, hell, my lounges are even blue with red pillows for christs sake, and then they lose like that, im still angry at the loss, but not angry at the boys, a lot of people have blasted me on here but i was just speaking what i felt at the time, no crime in that.....

my knights collection is now proudly on display back on my bar

tinkerbell

Juniors
The point i was trying to get across was that i don't think the performance on the weekend warranted supporters to turn their backs on the team. Sure, we have lost a few games that we probably shouldn't have, but with the amount of injuries the knights have sustained, i think we're travelling pretty well, considering. I honestly didn't expect the knights to come away with wins against the dogs and the broncos, but they did. So shoudln't the fans who enjoyed wins such as those that i've mentioned, stand behind their team when they do lose?