What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Vs Manly Post Match Thread

Frederick

Staff member
Now begins our march towards the finals. I don't think I could fault any player's performance tonight. Even Tanner and Reyno had decent games! Lowrie and Newton were awesome. Mullen should retain the number 6, even when Kidley's not injured. This was the first time I've seen Hinton play in First Grade...f**k me we've got some good fullbacks. Parra game next week should be interesting, specially if Bedsy and Simmo back up from Origin.

Shame about Quigley. Poor bugger can't catch a break.

SMOKEY

Juniors
Nuffy said:
Can someone tell me where this team has been hiding for the last 4 weeks?

Good luck to you-lot!!!:? , but the knights have been playing O.K. the past few weeks!!, they were Ripprd-off last week!!but still gave it all!!...sorry your coach Wont be there next year!!:sarcasm: ...I dont know how Brien Smith will work up there!!~:shock: ..so just Injoy the rest of this season!!!
All three grades tonight!!!:oops: :(

macavity

Referee
yeah um thanks for that...

Newcastle is BACK baby.

now all we need to do is play like that till october, and we will be sweet.

keeney

First Grade
Yeah, Quinn had a fantastic game, and seeing as Webster is at the Titans.... Top Notch Effort Management.

Wasnt it satisfying....Tuff in the middle..good movement with the ball..Carmonts defernce..and how good is Mullens long kicking game...Well done boys!...lets keep this roll...ROLLIN!:D

Jono078

Referee
Yay, we won! Parramatta should be interesting.. Sure theyre not going the best but you know if they decide to turn up it could get nasty.

Everyone did play well, lets hope they do it often enough to get us the premiership :).

strewth_mate

Bench
Great stuff. Things just clicked tonight for the parts of the match that counted, in other weeks we would have expected an inopportune line break or Perry knock on but tonight we kept it together for the majority of the game. Very tense towards the end but there was a bit of class from some of our boys.

Carmont and Quinn were fantastic again in defence, Quinn in particular showing incredible commitment at stages. Hinton will take a lot of positives from this game, and it's great to put a good performance on a Friday night game for players like Hinton and Mullen to get a bit of positive exposure. Very happy with Lowrie and Newton, good defence and hitting gaps but lacked a bit in power when hitting the line. Same as Smith, but having to deal with so much work at the start he did his job. Perry was what we expect from him every week including a couple of nice touches and opportunistic plays that surprised me, plus he looked quite fit and willing. Gidley was outstanding for mine and I think he was critical in us winning the match.

And etcetera. Overall a good effort, but I won't be convinced until I see that it's not a one-off. The conditions suited the way we played pretty well tonight and a few things were in our favour. It's obvious that we can play anywhere from terrible to outstanding with this team when their heart is in the right place so it shouldn't revolve purely around team selections but how much the team wants to respect the jersey when they're on the field.

Burwood

Bench
Holla if ya hear me said:
and how good is Mullens long kicking game.

It's weird, but there is just something about his kicking game that I can't quite put my finger on. It almost seems like he puts no effort into his kicks, yet they come off the boot so sweetly- it looks like 2nd nature to him. Even his first kick that went out on the full looked great. ;-)

And a great effort by all of the forwards. In the first half they really controlled the attack and defence and every player did their part. My only complaint was when Brown filled in at dummy half and he didn't quite seem as 'fluid' as Quigley- but we all know that Brown isn't a full-time hooker so no biggy.

If Mullen keeps up this form then it would be great to see Kidley fill up a utility role on the bench (more than likely take Brown's spot) and come into the game when players are getting tired.

Cletus

First Grade
Congrtulations Knights fans:( , I'm a bit shocked that you guys won. But it must be nice to get back on track again.

roopy

Referee
Hinton copped some huge knocks and didn't bat an eye that i saw. You have to ask - why wasn't he playing firstgrade a year ago when we couldn't find a fullback to bless ourselves with and he was playing just as good as he is now in the reggies?

Carney is slowly improving in the areas where he wasn't up to NRL standard. A pity that he really will be the best winger in the world when we lose him.

Matt Gidley should go to a birth before every game. He had one of his best.

strewth_mate

Bench
It's weird, but there is just something about his kicking game that I can't quite put my finger on. It almost seems like he puts no effort into his kicks, yet they come off the boot so sweetly- it looks like 2nd nature to him. Even his first kick that went out on the full looked great.

I was thinking the exact same thing; just seems to tap it and it flies nicely. Anasta has a big boot but you see him really get in position and wind up when he kicks it, but Mullen seem to just do it as an afterthought. It's odd to watch at times.

Burwood

Bench
roopy said:
Hinton copped some huge knocks and didn't bat an eye that i saw. You have to ask - why wasn't he playing firstgrade a year ago when we couldn't find a fullback to bless ourselves with and he was playing just as good as he is now in the reggies?

I think that performance by Hinton just ended Seage's career at Newcastle. Hinton will now be our #2 fullback and in all likeliness Seage won't get offered a new contract for 2007.

Can Hinton play anywhere else in the backline, or does he like to stick to fullback (just thinking about where he might fit into our plans next year with both of our wingers going elsewhere)?

thuganomics

Coach
Great performance by everyone.

Joey was on fire, and should definitly get the record next week. Think he is only 4 points away?

Hinton was solid, was impressed by him. Our forwards were great, but the big question is can they do the same thing next week?

roopy

Referee
Burwood said:
I think that performance by Hinton just ended Seage's career at Newcastle. Hinton will now be our #2 fullback and in all likeliness Seage won't get offered a new contract for 2007.

Can Hinton play anywhere else in the backline, or does he like to stick to fullback (just thinking about where he might fit into our plans next year with both of our wingers going elsewhere)?
Hinton has always played fullback - but Seage plays wing and centre - and Thaiday was a 5/8 before we bought him.

Risa

Bench
Gosh, what a win tonight, it was a real team effort. I just was watching in shock going where has that team been the last 4 weeks? I've never seen us make so many line breaks! Unbelievable.

Mullen, you deserve the #6 jersey all the time. Please, please let Kidley's return be delayed lol.