What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V's Roosters Post match Talk

bluesbreaker

Bench
exknightsfan said:
les, my main aim is to come on here and piss you off now, cause u dont like the truth u little *EDIT*antonius

That's uncalled for, everyone's cut about the toweling, but saying shit like that isn't cool.

les norton

First Grade
Thanks BB but im a big girl...i thought about deleting it but i thought i should just get rid of the lies...fat what?

Mate, keep dribbling sh!t....we already think your a d!ckhead

exknightsfan

Juniors
i aint cut about getting beat, it was inevitable, im cut about people calling me a w@nker cause of my post, les must be cut about the loss,lol

Alex28

Coach
1. David Seage
2. Craig Hall
3. Matt Gidley
5. Mark Hughes
7. Andrew Johns
8. Matt Parsons
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Daniel Abraham
12. Steve Simpson
13. Ben Kennedy

How many dollars worth of players are there in that list? Realistically every one of those players would start besides Hughes would start in our strongest 13.

So our main problem is that we expect to have a strong 17, and then have another 13 players that are of NRL standard? We are expecting way too much.

There were no excuses for losing to Parramatta or North Qld the way we did, but we were always pushing shit uphill tonight.

rossy

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:
I am sorry, i just cant sit through us getting thrashed by a * edit les* bunch of f***wits.

Put up or shut up deadsh*t.

Either you have proof the Roosters cheat the cap or you don't.

Sour grapes... That's all it is...

Six from six. The Roosters own your mob Joey or no Joey.

*Attention other reasonable Knights fans.*

You can't expect to win with so many injuries. It will turn around. Leave these fair-weather blubbering Knights fans like this bloke to follow rugby union, AFL or soccer. It'll get better.

Rossy.. I am reasonable..

The knights are hopeless at the moment.. It is just my opinion you are rorting the system.. Nothign agaisnt you, or the roosters performance tonight... Its just my opinion..

Missa

Juniors
come on guys...dont be so down...i know its tough atm and we have suffered so many injuries...but dont be so negative...i think they r playing as well as they can with who is out on the field atm......i have faith in them and i know we will bounce back from tonight..the roosters were just too good and they r a great team...chin up fans......it will make is stronger in the long run....

rossy

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:

The knights are hopeless at the moment.. It is just my opinion you are rorting the system.. Nothign agaisnt you, or the roosters performance tonight... Its just my opinion..

OK then... If I said O'Davis & MacDougall were drug cheats and should have been thrown out of the game and any points or premierships you accrued using them were invalid becuase "it was my opinion", you blokes would be outraged.

I think it's cowardly to call the Roosters cap cheats when you have no proof, and I don't tolerate people making assertions when there is no proof. It's easy to make these claims, "in my opinion", but its gutless and a cheap shot if you have no proof.

By the way, there's more proof about drug cheating then up your way then there ever has been about the Roosters being cap cheats. But you don't see me going about slaggin your side off.

Maybe a little courtesy in return would be nice.

Doctor

Bench
Whoa -- there are a few cranky individuals in here tonight.

I'm not sure what the fuss is about -- personally I'm not embarrassed by a 48-4 defeat at the hands of the best team in the competition. We were comprehensively routed, but largely due to a lack of personnel.

We deserperately needed consistent tacklers tonight -- Abraham, Kennedy, Simpson, Woolnough etc -- fellows that can hold their position in the defensive line, and perhaps even take the ball forward too.

A few disappointments:

- A 23-4 missed tackle count at halftime. This figure was no doubt much heftier by fulltime, but it goes to show where the game was lost. Too many defensive lapses, particularly two and three man tackles that still allowed an offload. I've said it countless times, but: if you're going to make the effort to get several defenders onto the ball-carrier, the fundamental need is to wrap-up the ball. There is no point otherwise -- you may as well flag the openings in the defensive line.

- The lack of inspiration from Josh Perry. It is times like this that the Knights need a go-to man who can strive for metres. I thought Matt Kennedy looked far more keen for work than Perry tonight. Yet another disappointing game from the big man tonight -- even to the point of being outplayed by his lesser-known teammates.

- Silly passes. The two kindy-book passes that Ryan Cross intercepted came about because of poor vision from the Knights. This is one area that you cannot blame on a lack of personnel. Kurt Gidley and O'Davis should know better than to float these easily-read passes out in front of Ryan Cross.

The Positives:

- I was very impressed by Kevin Henderson. He must have been playing in the second-row, because he seemed to be involved everywhere. He cleaned up defensively, was involved in the only try, and worked hard all night. Defensively, and in attack, easily the Knights' best. His effort was commendable.

- Others of note were O'Davis, Tahu, Kennedy (who worked hard, albeit being smashed many times), Ennis (who needs to be put in a better position than Lock) and others.

With so many players out, you can't be too hard on them. That's what makes a guy like Matt Kennedy so valuable. He might not have been effective, but at least he was gutsy. His effort, along with a few others, was highly commendable.

rossy said:
Chicken_Hunter said:

OK then... If I said O'Davis & MacDougall were drug cheats and should have been thrown out of the game and any points or premierships you accrued using them were invalid becuase "it was my opinion", you blokes would be outraged.

I think it's cowardly to call the Roosters cap cheats when you have no proof, and I don't tolerate people making assertions when there is no proof. It's easy to make these claims, "in my opinion", but its gutless and a cheap shot if you have no proof.

By the way, there's more proof about drug cheating then up your way then there ever has been about the Roosters being cap cheats. But you don't see me going about slaggin your side off.

Maybe a little courtesy in return would be nice.

Thats pretty much what any non knights supporter thinks... and we cop that stuff all the time.

I can think what i want.. And my thoughts are the same as a lot of other RL supporters and i will stick by them.

Once again, nothing agaisnt the goosters performance tonight.. The knights just totally sucked.

Doctor

Bench
In addition to previous comments:

-- George Carmont was disappointing tonight. He seemed a little stunned by the occasion for some reason. The sloppy knock-on early, that lead to him being sin-binned for what amounted to a blatant professional foul, was not what you would expect from Carmont. His defence was ordinary, being caught out a number of times. I thought he had a fairly ordinary game, on the back of a similar performance last week against the Cowboys. But hopefully he will bounce back -- I can't see him being dropped.

-- Reagan Tanner disappointed me a bit. He is only a youngster, so you can't expect too much from him. But he made a few mistakes, and lost a lot of confidence I'd hasten to guess.

-- Dane Tilse was solid -- keen as mustard to do some work, but perhaps to the point of giving penalties. I like the look of him. He's tall, weighty, and runs the ball fairly hard. Give him a couple of years and he'll be a regular first grader.

Doctor

Bench
Chicken_Hunter said:
I dont cry very often.. But if the knights continue the way they have then i probably will...
The knights mean everything to me.. and to see them.. to see them perform the way they are is just heartbreaking, words cant express the way im feeling

Is it really that bad? Crying over the loss?

I'm disappointed after matches where we're actually in the contest. The Parramatta game was frustrating -- so too the Cowboys last week because we could have beaten them, even with the side we had.

But this week, I didn't expect anything from the side other than their effort. The likes of Henderson, Ennis, Buderus, O'Davis, Tilse, Kennedy, Newton etc were gutsy, even when they were sucking in the big ones.

I was disappointed with the effort of some -- namely Josh Perry. But I don't think it is an issue the whole team is facing. Most of the players out there tonight were just trying their best in a grade they're unfamiliar with. I didn't expect them to win the game, but I did expect them to just do their best.

Many players just did their best -- my tears are not because of any sadness or bitterness. If I had a tear or two, it was because of the pride displayed by a number of players. It was very pleasing to see them just get in and have a go -- what more can we ask of them?

We need to buy players, we need them big time, we need to f**k off perry, we need a work horse.. Bring back billy peden from retirement.. Do somethiong, we need a senior figure out there..

We don't need to buy anyone -- we just need to keep players on the paddock. Injuries are killing us. The Knights desperately needed some reliable defenders out there tonight -- they struggled defensively to just hold their positions and more importantly to wrapped up the ball in tackles.

The Knights were genuine top 2 contenders after Round One. The likes of Johns, Kennedy, Simpson, Abraham and co were going to lead us towards a top 4 finish, if not top 2. But the loss of these players has hit us hard.

As I said: let's concentrate on trying to get our players fit, instead of looking elsewhere.

Big Poppa Pump

Juniors
Don't take it too hard guys. After our performance against the Dogs last week it would not have mattered who we played - they were gonna get smashed. Your team drew the short straw.

Remember two things;

1. You were beaten by a red hot Roosters outfit. No-one would have beaten us tonight.

2. You have some of the best players in the world out injured. All bar Johns will be back this year. You will make the 8 & then who knows?

Don't be to hard on your team. They did try hard. Remember Buderus comment aftr the game................"It was boys against men". Get a few guys back & you'll be OK.