What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights vs Sharks Post Match Thread

Jedda

Juniors
While I'm disappointed with the result I feel there were some definate signs of improvement from the trash the team dished up against the Warriors.

Quinn, for mine, really showed tonight what he's capable of and with some decent coaching could come back and really hurt us.

It'll be interesting to see Mullen's progress with Kidley looking like he may be off for a while if he does have ligament damage as predicted by the commentators.

What's the story with John's arm taped up like it was?

Fantastic work by Buderus out of dummy half. IMO he really highlighted how much we miss not having a back-up hooker when he's away on rep duties.

Bring on Manly next friday night - I can't wait!

Slimy Eel

Juniors
chinorocks said:
I haven't been this p*ssed off after a game in a long, long time. That was an absolute rort. 3 disallowed trys at least 2 of which we're trys. Wrong decisions also after the trys we're disallowed where we at least should have got the ball back from Kimmorley and Simmons knock on's.

I thought most of our players we're very good. Especially Quinn and Perry who both made massive amounts of metres.

All in all very unhappy, we'll probably be out of the eight, and our chances of the top 4 are just about gone.
Actually 4 disallowed trys

WooKiie

Juniors
Stranger said:
Absolutely...

Nathon hinton does seem to just be a premmy player doesnt he... but give him time i suppose.. time that we dont have to test players with.

we need milton back...is he good to go next week or the week after.?

chinorocks

Juniors
I think Hintons going alright. Took a wrong option by going towards the sideline coming out of his goal line. But against the Warriors he got into first receiver a few times and we scored to trys from having Johns one pass wider. Milton is still the best fullback we have by a long long way, but Hinton will bea good player IMO.

thuganomics

Coach
Milton has to come back. The second phase play that we used earlier on the season is being sorley missed at the moment.

WooKiie

Juniors
chinorocks said:
I think Hintons going alright. Took a wrong option by going towards the sideline coming out of his goal line. But against the Warriors he got into first receiver a few times and we scored to trys from having Johns one pass wider. Milton is still the best fullback we have by a long long way, but Hinton will bea good player IMO.

he is going alright, for only two first grade games...he's still young and is to still establish himself and has more to learn...but like you've mentioned, milton is by far the best number1 in our team...

chinorocks

Juniors
thuganomics said:
Milton has to come back. The second phase play that we used earlier on the season is being sorley missed at the moment.

We need offloads to create that play which is why we need Tolar back in the side.

Matt23

Staff member
I'm shattered by that result...deadset the sharks best player was undoubtly the video ref :(

rourkster

Juniors
An open letter to the NRL Referees Committee from the Newcastle Knights community.
Whatever we have done to annoy and upset you so much we sincerely apologise for.
Now - can you please just give us a fair go?! Is that too much to ask.....??

:x

IanG

Coach
thuganomics said:
The Quinn no try I thought was a dead set try
It WAS. I could see it from where I was sitting. We had a few stinkers. But at least our ball handling was alot better tonight.

Super Sub

Juniors
You could definetly argue that up until tonight's game the refs had been fairly kind to us (that forward pass from Kidley against the Raiders springs to mind, and the last minute Carney try against Tigers) and that at some point in time we were gonna get robbed in a similar fashion to the teams that were robbed against us. Yet the fact that there were THREE ridiculous NO TRY decisions in the same game really really makes me angry. The grounding on the last minute Vagana try was no different to the disallowed Quinn try yet they gave it a green light, it was a showing of BLATANT inconsistency in regards to the reffing, and what can i say about that "forward pass" that was an absolute mockery, there is a big difference between a ref missing something like a forward pass and calling a forward pass that never existed. I am so dissapointed because we deserved to win that game. The sharks didn't play well enough to win that IMO, that was an absolute joke.

I'll be happy to see Mullen at 5/8 for a few games in the near future though, and Hinton was great at the back again.

I have always been a Todd Lowrie fan but after that inept display of not being able to simply plant the ball in the in-goal when Joey does all the work for him I really want him shot. I'm sure I won't hold this against him forever but at least until he makes it up by doing something worthwhile for the team.

Ben

Bench
Damn i was pissed because of that game. We were the better team for the whole game until the disallowed tries. You could just sense that Sharks would come back because of the tries not being given. It happens heaps in the NRL, where a team is not given a certain try and the other team eventually goes on to score later in the game.

Hopefully the Knights are working on some Karma, because what comes around goes around and hopefully we can get some luck back for the remainder of the season.

Matt23

Staff member
Super Sub said:
I have always been a Todd Lowrie fan but after that inept display of not being able to simply plant the ball in the in-goal when Joey does all the work for him I really want him shot. I'm sure I won't hold this against him forever but at least until he makes it up by doing something worthwhile for the team.
Lowrie should be in premier league for that performance, but knowing supercoach he'll be the one wearing the #6 next weekend not Mullen:roll:

Thought we were up for this game all the way..but realistically we let in 26 points in the second half..Brown should be sent back to reggies for losing that try..
i think that we will struggle next week against Manly[away]and then parra[away]then storm[home]
i jjust hope the mental letdown of not winning tonights game doesnt carry over but these games are no gimmes

Voice of Reason

Juniors
We would want to win 5 of our remainming 9 games to finish on 30 points to make the 8 (we might get away with 4 from 9 to finish on 28). It is looking very iffy to me now. Our next three are vital.

Jono078

Referee
Matt23 said:
Lowrie should be in premier league for that performance, but knowing supercoach he'll be the one wearing the #6 next weekend not Mullen:roll:

If that happens.. Ill deadset lose the plot!

Also.. We really need Thaiday and Tolar in for Reynoldson! Oh and Abraham in for Tanner and POSSIBLY Tighe for Carmont.. Carmont went good but that error in our own half is not acceptable in FG tbh.

Hagan better get it right sooner or later otherwise it will be another year of 'what if' really.