What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V's Sharks. Post Match Thread

Earl

Coach
Once again Steve Lyons :arrow: Pathetic

He provided every person who witnessed that game the perfect definition of inconsistant.

If Sullivan was held, than Lowrie was held and vice versa. And I'm pretty sure there was another one in there somewhere :-k

Great try to Brown too :clap: :clap:

But I must say Newcastles goal line defence in the first half was absolutley woeful.

~bedsy~

First Grade
As has been said the first half weasn't very good at all, however we did come together in the second half, and I really thought we could have won it. We looked more dangerous as well.
Lyons wasn't at his best, they were offside all the time.

Abes won't be back for the Broncos as he has done something as he can't run at the moment, however Simmo is still expected back.
We will be a much better side in 2 weeks with these players coming back.
This break will give them some time to regroup and think about things.

IanG

Coach
What can I say? Not happy.
The Sharks blew us off the park in the First Half, we then had a good come back in the second half but couldn't quite crack it.

All I can say is thank goodness Origin will be over after this week.

antonius said:
Saw you there again Ian, scoffing into a meat pie LOL.

Well as I do at each game except I get mine at the shop across the road from EAS.

I was about to turn the tv off after that try in the 2nd half by the sharks.. I thought here we go again.. But full credit to the boys, it actually turned out to be quite an entertaining game of football. Kurt gidley was a very detirmined player today, him and matty really tried to stand up. I thought perry played good, he didnt do anything stupid and just hit the ball up so good on u josh.

Now, the first half was f**king pathetic, the players should be totally ashamed of that load of shit! Pissweak 1 on 1 mistackles cost us. It was just pathetic..

I would just like to mention that our big come back was because michael ennis had switched to hooker, god damn he was dynamite playing there, it just sux that we already have bedsey cause ennis was great there, he is much better at hooker than 5/8, fitzgerald wasnt that good at all.

Risa

Bench
How much did we miss Buderus' runs from dummy half? I truly believe that we can't win games especially without him there.

But...in saying that, it would have been nice to see the other players put in a bit of effort.

Piss poor effort and I was extremely dissapointed with it.

yes, a crapp game, came back in the 2nd half, but just not good enuf....

I HATE THIS AVATAR :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

wat was i thinking....going in this stupid avatar bet :(

Misanthrope

Staff member
I found it ironic that so many forum folk wrote Young off after his debut against the Dragons, and he was one of our better players today. The ABC commentators said it best when they said 'He's had to make more one on one tackles than he should'. It could have been anything if he wasn't there to clean up after the 'professionals'. Our first half defence was embarassing.

I thought Kidley, Young, Brown, and Lowrie (in the second half) were our better players. If we'd had Tahu or O'Davis, I'd have fancied our chances a little more.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Ennis signing for Brisbane- career suicide. Their love affair with Barry Berrigan will keep him out, and you'd assume Michael Ryan too. He was one of their best this afternoon, and I don't think he's stuck around for years just to play deputy to Ennis. People should learn from the mistakes of Swain and Tony. Moving to Brisbane literally killed their careers.

IanG

Coach
Exactly so he's probably signing with the Toowoomba Clysdales instead of the Broncos

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
We had a pretty bad line set in attack for alot of the game, that shut down our attacking ability. The knights have really got to get some off loads and second phase play happening. They looked so dangerous when they did it, but it was a rarety.

snapper

Juniors
I would just like to mention that our big come back was because michael ennis had switched to hooker, god damn he was dynamite playing there, it just sux that we already have bedsey cause ennis was great there, he is much better at hooker than 5/8, fitzgerald wasnt that good at all.

I wish I could agree with you there CH, but while Ennis may have played well when we had the ball, his effort in defence was pathetic. Thats where the game was won and lost.

As someone else mentioned Fitzgerald was tackling everything early on but I think he was taken off midway through the 1st half. I don't know if he was injured or not. Ennis wasn't a patch on a lot of our other players out there and shouldn't even rate a mention.

Firstly[choosing words carefully as I still cant belive it}
I saw you too Ian-do you ever sit down??-Would have intro.except I couldnt move
Had a great time at the footy cause i was there with my twin nieces-1 is a knights-1 is a Sharks supporter-8 year olds so there was lots of horseplay and tickling going on and mock crankyness afterwards so I had fun anyways.

BUT- A spot in the top 8 was up for grabs
Gidley had reasons to prove selectors wrong
No Kimmorley/Peachey/Bailey so they were essentially "Nevilles"
As said Lowrie was pathetic out there-The first try he let in where the sharks player essentially bumped his way through-It looked like he still thought that he still had the warm up bump pads on.You have to WRAP YOUR ARMS around someone to make a tackle.No wonder he came out of it with a crook shoulder!

The try to get Cronulla to 18[Birds] was straight out of the UNDER 10s play book.
You get the defender outside of you interested in making an assist tackle and the pass the ball to a player going through the vacated hole.
THat is what the UNDER 10s learn.it was so perfectly executed by the sharks that Im showing it at the next 10s training run
For it to be executed so perfectly by a first grade tean in the NRL is childish by Lowrie.

Defence-a throw back to 2000
At the start of the year V penrith,we had it nailed.We had them trapped and wanted them to run at us.
Yesterday not one move dout of the line to smash the dummyhalf/ist receiver.
If someone wants to scoot-hit him so that they think twice about it next time.
Not once was the Rooster style of defence on display and as a result they made 50/ 60/100m easy.

Said it before-Craig Miller cant get the job done and if hagan is going to be in QLD for a few years to come then its time to bring someone in to really assist Hagan.

Rant eh??? but im feeling pretty poor as that game was a 4 point game for us that slipped through again.

Come on...FIRE UP!!!...Lets not let Brisbane be our GF again this year!!!!

astrogirl

First Grade
chriswalkerbush said:
I found it ironic that so many forum folk wrote Young off after his debut against the Dragons, and he was one of our better players today. The ABC commentators said it best when they said 'He's had to make more one on one tackles than he should'. It could have been anything if he wasn't there to clean up after the 'professionals'. Our first half defence was embarassing.
I agree that Young had a pretty good game. He definitely didn't deserve the flak that he copped after his debut game. I can remember at least 2 try saving tackles on Sunday. He deserved a second chance.

astrogirl

First Grade
Another thing - The Sharks played the game with only 16 men from about the 8th minute. It is a bit embarassing that we lost :(

Voice of Reason

Juniors
Northey, I assume you did notice the ABSENCE OF A BALL in this picture. That to me makes the "against the rules spear tackle" even worse. I hope that the cheap pig gets many weeks for this action. KEEP HIM AWAYS FROM THE KNIGHTS SARGE!!!!!!!!!

~bedsy~

First Grade
Holla if ya hear me said:
Said it before-Craig Miller cant get the job done and if hagan is going to be in QLD for a few years to come then its time to bring someone in to really assist Hagan.
Blockers not doing any better at Manly... so lets not get him :lol:
I agree we need to look at this.