What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights vs Sharks

Misanthrope

Staff member
I have no problem with Gallen putting the boot into the club. He's 100% right - most of our current squad *would* struggle to start at other side's on form. He's putting a big win into context by pointing out the very sad fact that we're a mile or more off the pace.

Condolences to Dane.
Tariq mentioned in the press interview there was a personal issue. Gagai had a dig out there. He tried in attack up around the middle. I reckon he did his dad proud by having a go. He isn't a fullback (yet) but ...

Knight76

Juniors
I have no problem with Gallen putting the boot into the club. He's 100% right - most of our current squad *would* struggle to start at other side's on form. He's putting a big win into context by pointing out the very sad fact that we're a mile or more off the pace.

Who knows, maybe the comment will give the knights something to latch on to and motivate them that little bit extra.

Saint69

Juniors
He said that most of the knights wouldn't be in firsts at othe clubs
Which was a blunt assessment.

Iim not going to say if he's right or wrong I have not watched enough of Newcastle this year.

But it would be better to just say nothing

It would be better to show a bit of humility,gee even the score line was blown out by a couple of obvious forward pass tries in the 2nd half.Imagine if Cam Smith had of said the same thing about NSW after SOO 3 last yr,poor form.

Parralike

Juniors
Hang in there knights fans we've all had hiding something like that I think parra lost 68/0
Against the raiders once.
Just wanted to pop in and support you all things will get better one day!

Parralike

Juniors
I have a massive problem with it because:

A) most of the squad are rookies just trying to find their feet. Of course they wouldn't be in FG for a lot of sides but no need to kick them when they're down.

B) The Sharks were in a similar position not long ago at all so he should know how it feels and him making an assessment is hilariously hypocritical.

C) it's just unprofessional to comment negatively about other players to begin with.

IMO Gallen has too much to say about a lot of things considering the Sharks recent problems

Card Shark

Immortal
As a Hunter born & bred, life-long Sharks tragic, it was a great day for me but also a sad 1 & definitely a sad day for Rugby League. The game needs a competitive Newcastle.

Things will get worse before they get better but ride out the Storm.

At least you have 2 premierships under your belt, as 1 gentleman from high up in the stands "kindly" reminded us in the away supporters bay yesterday....try following a team for 40+ years of failure.

It was great to see Gagai have a cry...shows he cares & that's what you need...players that give a shit. Make him captain!

As for our captain, sorry if he put his foot in it, he does it all the time. I don't like him commentating on other games either, it's wrong. I haven't heard the tone or context of it but hopefully it was not laying the boot in but actually giving you guys a reason for the score.

Good luck for the rest of the year....chins up!

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Gal wasn't laying the boot in, he was asked a question and answered in honestly. It's what Gal does. He'll never be a diplomat but tbh it's not his job to be either. It's one of the reasons I like the bloke really, he never minces words and doesn't much care if others think he's a bit of a prick for being honest.