What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights vs Sharks

Spot On

Coach
You'd be happy to continue to spend your hard earned watching more flogging like today for the rest of 2016?

I'd wager even that would wear you down

No. I'll keep watching. I understand what is happening is not much fun for anyone, players included, but it has to happen. There are many, many worse things in life. I'm intrigued to see if Brown can turn this around over the next couple of years. Fingers crossed the TPA situation is addressed by the NRL and we can compete off the field as well. There's still the ownership issue too. Maybe we'll be bought by someone with half a brain????

Knight76

Juniors
I just became a member this week. I don't plan giving it up.

Newcastle won't desert the knights.

League_God

Juniors
I would too - providing that cat Gallen gets injured a week out and can't play in it. Totally unprofessional what he said today. Obviously true but you don't mouth off like that against a team mostly composed of rookies. Especially when your own side was picking up consecutive spoons not long ago.

What did Gal say?

It's depressing but I'll hang in there and watch. I'm a sado-masochist.
Figure we can't expect them to stick it out and give it a go if we don't.
I just refuse to tell anyone who I support. I'm no longer in Newie so guessing is more difficult.
My biggest fear is we might have a good game and I'll miss it.

Swarzey

Bench
Just a note, apparently Gagai copped a barrage of racial abuse today; I assume it was at the back end of the game which may have broken him. Still light on details though but I'm sure this will blow up over the next day or so.

Disgusting stuff from Sharks fans.

He said that most of the knights wouldn't be in firsts at othe clubs
Which was a blunt assessment.

Iim not going to say if he's right or wrong I have not watched enough of Newcastle this year.

But it would be better to just say nothing

Spot On

Coach

Iim not going to say if he's right or wrong I have not watched enough of Newcastle this year.

I'd have to listen to the context of what he said to judge how he meant it. If it was driving a knife in, just being a prick then it's not really necessary.

Swarzey

Bench

I don't have a problem with that.

A third of the side still have f**king digits of games under the belt, 6 can still play U20's and some are one, two years into NSW Cup. It's blunt but a pretty fair comment on the state of the side.

Noname36

First Grade
I have a massive problem with it because:

A) most of the squad are rookies just trying to find their feet. Of course they wouldn't be in FG for a lot of sides but no need to kick them when they're down.

B) The Sharks were in a similar position not long ago at all so he should know how it feels and him making an assessment is hilariously hypocritical.

C) it's just unprofessional to comment negatively about other players to begin with.

lolesi

First Grade
Just a note, apparently Gagai copped a barrage of racial abuse today; I assume it was at the back end of the game which may have broken him. Still light on details though but I'm sure this will blow up over the next day or so.

I find that hard to believe with the likes of Barba, graham, fifita and the large number of islanders boys in the sharks team.

Where did you hear that ?

Swarzey

Bench
I find that hard to believe with the likes of Barba, graham, fifita and the large number of islanders boys in the sharks team.

Where did you hear that ?

Being spread around on Twitter. Hence the word "apparently". It's a fair comment to make considering the Sharks have a fair share of islanders and indigenous but I doubt that would have entered their minds; it's just too common in sport.

Apparently, he's struggling with some family matters but also welcomed his first child; it seemed he had a lot riding on this game. IF there was some racial abuse hurled about, I don't blame him for breaking down.

Noname36

First Grade

It was probably just a bit of regular sledging but he took it more to heart with the flogging because it was at home and Indigenous round.

He said that's why he was upset anyway.

I don't get why people are having such a laugh because the poor bloke had a cry. He should be bloody upset.

Last edited:

Knight76

Juniors
I've no problem with Gallon saying it. It is the truth. He wasn't putting the boot in, he was attempting to keep the win in perspective for his players. We didn't achieve much today, we beat a very young, under done team where many players would not be in firsts at other clubs. It's the truth.

I honestly wish the Sharks the best this year and hope they can get their first premiership.

Noname36

First Grade
I've no problem with Gallon saying it. It is the truth. He wasn't putting the boot in, he was attempting to keep the win in perspective for his players. We didn't achieve much today, we beat a very young, under done team where many players would not be in firsts at other clubs. It's the truth.

I honestly wish the Sharks the best this year and hope they can get their first premiership.

Put the win into perspective behind closed doors.

Don't be an unprofessional dick in the media because that is laying the boot in regardless.

Frederick

Staff member
Dane's nan passed away today.

If that's true, then my heart goes out to him.

Best thing would've been for him to have the day off. He probably thought he was doing right by the boys by playing, but it obviously affected him more than he thought. And if he's not 100% focused on the game, then he's more of a hindrance than help.