What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights vs Sharks

Apey

Staff member
Highly entertaining game for all the wrong reasons. Really thought Sharks had it in them to get to 66 and hand us our biggest loss.

macavity

Referee
TBH I didn't feel the regular anger that I would normally feel when we get flogged, because to be honest we just aren't an NRL standard team at the moment and we won't be an NRL standard team until:

a) these guys have played another couple of seasons of first grade

Or

b) we sign some better players

It doesn't look like option b is going to happen any time soon so it'll have to be option a which means we'd better get used to another couple of years of this.

I know it's easy to point out all the areas we were lacking in today but to be fair I don't think effort was one of them. While that's not really any consolation our side is just so young and inexperienced and some of these guys aren't even physically ready for first grade yet.

If they start to come good, we won't be able to afford them.

Under current cap rules and in our current financial predicament, there is literally NO WAY we are able to be competitive.

Any suggestion otherwise is fanciful at best.

If this was english soccer we would be playing 3rd division and selling our best youngsters to stay afloat.

Spot On

Coach
Remember 12 months ago everyone said we should be bringing in the young players now? How we should be moving our experienced players on?

This is what people wanted.

We won a spoon with our experienced players. It was a no brainer to start moving them on. No the current situation is no better but I can't remember anyone saying it would take just over a third of the first season under Brown that the changes made to the playing roster would have started to make everything better. In fact, most said the opposite. I'd expect 2 more years of pain before things start to get better.

As Brown said 6 weeks ago. Nothing much is going to change for quite some time unless someone drops a couple million in the account.

The overpaid "stars' have to be moved on.

We have not hit rock bottom yet.

Last edited:

Saint69

Juniors
What else can we do? Just need to rough it out and keep the course.

Nothing else the club can do but ride it out,a heap of young blokes and a heap of injuries mixed in with lack of depth.You could only hope to maybe pick up a couple of players before end of June.

Little consolation but the score should been 50-0 nil not 62-0, 2 try's from obvious forward passes in the 2nd half.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
At least we have a good reason that we're shit this year whereas last year we should have been so much better.

We have the worst squad in the NRL and half of them are sitting on the sideline. I'm over being angry about it because no one can change it in the short term.

Spot On

Coach
If they start to come good, we won't be able to afford them.

Under current cap rules and in our current financial predicament, there is literally NO WAY we are able to be competitive.

Any suggestion otherwise is fanciful at best.

If this was english soccer we would be playing 3rd division and selling our best youngsters to stay afloat.

Then the NRL will be paying our bills for years to come. Possibly the Titans as well unless the NRL go through with changes to the TPA system, which I believe they are going to have to do. Only concern is a lack of balls when meetings with the Players Association takes place. If the NRL fails to push through the changes then it's game over for this club and I dare say a few others as well.

Last edited:

ryana87

Juniors
Any positives from that?

I think lamb and crogger had somewhat good games considering...... At least some of the 5th tackle kicks were alright ad opposed to the regular poo kicks

Sione did some good tackles

Ummmmmm

Frederick

Staff member
These last few years have taken its toll on me as a supporter, and I'm willing to bet most of you feel the same. 'League fatigue' I'm calling it. Gone are the days when today would really infuriate me. Now there's nothing, an emptiness inside where the anger, love and other feels used to be. The emotional investment is gone. Now is largely a financial investment. Used to be that my membership and appearance at home and away games was a foregone conclusion. Now I look at it money wise. Is it worth the fuel? Worth my time and effort? I know the club relies on us supporters and members to help keep them afloat, but what's the point if the love and care we give is not returned on-field?

Thankfully my second little one is due in the next couple of weeks, so that'll be a welcome distraction from the weekly anal rapings

Yeah I am exhausted. It is not right. However what can you do? We have always had people in our board who are very self congratulating with very little care for where the club ends up. As much as I disliked Burro as an administrator he had some genuine sting in his tail. Gidley needs to man up and step down. I think it is not entirely his fault. He is not up to it. He has become a pawn in a much bigger game.

I am tired of feeling second rate as a supporter. I actually got quite emotional at the game today. A genuine sadness. You can feel it now. This club is dying. I as a supporter feel betrayed, angry and humiliated. There is no one wanting to help us. Brown deserves better. Some random was trying to tell me Ivan Cleary wants the job and I just laughed. I said he is not going to end his career by coming here.

Whats Doing

Bench
Whilst I don't have a problem with providing youth a go as a means of moving forward as a club, the majority of players (who i assume Brownie had a say in it) that we signed for this year are clearly not of first grade material and unlikely to be good players in the future. These include Pearsall, Pat, Bhana and to a lesser extent Paea.

Brownie needs to get his recruitment spot on if he is to get this team out of this mess.

Spot On

Coach
Yep, Jarrod would have put on 63 points for us today. 39 the week before. 27 before that etc etc.

He's as good as gone mate. Get your tissues out.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
This goes on any longer and even the hardend fans will stop going to games. When the crowds start dropping, the memberships will follow and the $ will dry up

If this isn't turned around soon we'll become a feeder club in NSWCUP for a new Central Coast NRL club

It's really not that far fetched

Spot On

Coach
I'm very happy for the Sharkies to get that boost to their for and against today. Would love to see them win a comp. I hope they do it this year.

Spot On

Coach
This goes on any longer and even the hardend fans will stop going to games. When the crowds start dropping, the memberships will follow and the $ will dry up

If this isn't turned around soon we'll become a feeder club in NSWCUP for a new Central Coast NRL club

It's really not that far fetched

They aint real hard then.

Noname36

First Grade
I'm very happy for the Sharkies to get that boost to their for and against today. Would love to see them win a comp. I hope they do it this year.

I would too - providing that cat Gallen gets injured a week out and can't play in it. Totally unprofessional what he said today. Obviously true but you don't mouth off like that against a team mostly composed of rookies. Especially when your own side was picking up consecutive spoons not long ago.

Spot On

Coach
I would too - providing that cat Gallen gets injured a week out and can't play in it. Totally unprofessional what he said today. Obviously true but you don't mouth off like that against a team mostly composed of rookies. Especially when your own side was picking up consecutive spoons not long ago.

Didn't hear what he said NN but nothing would surprise me with Gal. He has proven that time and again.

Still, it would be great to see that club get a comp. Hope it happens.

League_God

Juniors
These last few years have taken its toll on me as a supporter, and I'm willing to bet most of you feel the same. 'League fatigue' I'm calling it. Gone are the days when today would really infuriate me. Now there's nothing, an emptiness inside where the anger, love and other feels used to be. The emotional investment is gone. Now is largely a financial investment. Used to be that my membership and appearance at home and away games was a foregone conclusion. Now I look at it money wise. Is it worth the fuel? Worth my time and effort? I know the club relies on us supporters and members to help keep them afloat, but what's the point if the love and care we give is not returned on-field?

Thankfully my second little one is due in the next couple of weeks, so that'll be a welcome distraction from the weekly anal rapings

Congratulations mate, all the best!

I agree with you entirely btw. Watching the boys play used to be "my time". A bit of a break from training, study and work. I'd kick back and relax without distraction and have a great feed. It used to contribute to keeping me level... today I just decided to study given our performances this season. I'm glad I did, I caught some of it on the radio.

Also, anyone else see gags getting emotional? That's good stuff, that's how they should take a loss. I remember last year we were beaten by the warriors and Tariq was making funny faces in the background while a warriors player was being interviewed. f**k it irked me.
I get the feeling Tariq is a really good guy but he's no leader. He honestly is a bench player

It's probably better to say nothing. But that's not what Gallen does.
Habitual foot in mouth

Latest posts