What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V's Storm Post Match discussion Thread

antonius

Coach
Here's the thread For purely post match talk, re-Oswins suggestion. Lets see if we can keep most of the talk in the one thread.

A suggestion may be(if you are missing putting up your own thread title) that you head up your post with a title?

Such as ..... Siege runs Slater ragged

Followed by your post>>>

See how it goes anyway.

Anonymous

Juniors
I hear Quinn is out, to be replaced by George Carmont.

He is from th same town as me so I have huge raps on him :D

fosie

Juniors
Woe wat a close game aye? It was a very catch-up game......and the weather apparently was atrocious. Well done guys!!! :clap:

foetus_head

Juniors
Good game Melbourne.

Did anyone see the tackle which Tahu is on report for, if so do you reckon it will cause him any trouble?

Alex28

Coach
well...we got away with it. not anywhere near convincing - defence definately not as good as last week, attack pretty good really. great debut from Carmont - did nothing wrong at all and scored a few tries. Seage played decent but let Hill in by not moving in on him in defence (he was 5 metres out and really couldnt just stand back). The backs did well enough all in all but if we were playing better teams - we would be talking about a loss.

the players discipline was ordinary. buderus and kennedy have to learn to shut up and listen to the referee - no matter how bad at times it was. Danny probably should have been binned with about 8 to go and again we could have been discussing a loss.

work on concentration and defence this week boys - still 2 from 2 away from home is a pretty fair start :)

Anonymous

Juniors
Someone from Newcastle should have been Sin-Binned.

I don't think I've ever seen so many penalties against 1 side.

all-knight

Juniors
it was a good, tough win. well done boys!!

BUT, DAMN shayne hayne really really gave it to me during the game. i think if i was there i probably would of hit him. joey was obviously disgusted by him as he just walked away in the end. so to did danny buderus. must of been very frustrating for them and they did well to hold the storm out.

very impressed by siege again. well done!

and well done joey on your last conversion, it definately brought a smile to my face! thank you!!

Alex28

Coach
tahu's tackle - not much in it. he caught him around the collar - debatable that it should have been penalised to be honest (certainly not worth going 3 plays back to penalise it - it happened in front of the referee and he let it go!)

abraham's "late" hit - fairly sure he is on report for it - i dont see how he possibly could have pulled out of it - however his forearm connected with Orford's chin and he might be in trouble for that.

Anonymous

Juniors
Alex28 said:
tahu's tackle - not much in it. he caught him around the collar - debatable that it should have been penalised to be honest (certainly not worth going 3 plays back to penalise it - it happened in front of the referee and he let it go!)

Thats why the new rule was brought in. Fair enough in my opinion.

Alex28

Coach
earl - to be honest the rule is crap. Rugby plays advantage but you would NEVER see them go back so far in play. basically every set of six can now go the full length in case something happens after the play that should be penalised occurs. the tahu tackle happened in front of the ref, the storm player stayed down and the referee told him to get up and play the ball. how can it possibly be a penalty three plays later???

Alex28

Coach
either way...we look pretty good on the ladder with 4 points though tiger (with the bye's coming up) ;)

Risa

Bench
Shane Hayne has to be the most annoying referee, lol. His voice annoys the crap out of me.

Good game though, but our boys need to remember to be more disciplined. The attack was much better this week, but as Richardson said in the post match interview "We still need to improve".

Thought Carmont went quite well. 2 tries in his debut, great effort. I think Tahu played pretty well today. I haven't seen him break the line like that in a while. He seems to have dropped his error rate as well.

roopy

Referee
Kurt Gidley is now officially a terrific 5/8 in my books - his work in both attack and defence has him up there with Johns, Buderus and Kennedy, and those guys are rated the best in the world. When you see the ball go to Kurt it used to be heart in your mouth stuff as you didn't know if he would do something good or something stupid - but it is like it used to be with Johns now - you think someting is on every time he touches.

DJ1

Juniors
I thought the Knights were very, very lucky to have Hayne out there today.

First Melbourne score a try next to the posts and he disallows it for a non existent forward pass.

Next Newcastle score a try off a blatant forward pass which was not picked up.

Next Tahu scores in the corner despite one of his feet clearly landing on the touchline prior to grounding the ball.

Should have been 6-0 Storm instead of 0-10 Knights. 16 point difference.

princess plj

Juniors
i think we were scratchy at times today...although we held out in the end and came with the 2 points we did not seem to be the same team as we were against the panthers...i know each team is different but the penalty count was way out of hand.....also i have never seen bedsey get so angry, normally its bk and joey having it out with the ref....

what do u guys think of the tahu tries? the one that was allowed and the other that wasn't...brave decision by the video ref

roopy

Referee
Games in Melbourne are always very funny games - for us anyway. The good thing is that we usually win.

Latest posts