What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V's Tigers Post Match Thread.

Alex28

Coach
It was a better effort than previous weeks - the boys showed some heart.

Attack was much better - they completed more sets tonight than they would have in the last 4 weeks. No one stood out in attack - I thought Craig Hall had a good game, Steve Simpson solid as ever.

Our kicking game was just not acceptable - not one opportunity was created through a kick. Each kick was fielded by the back 3 of the Tigers bar one which bounced straight to Pat Richards in the second half. Kidley was average, but Steve Witt was appalling. If he is the future half back of the Knights - we are in for a long time before another premiership.

Defence was up and down - was better in the second half. Close to the line was just not good enough in the first half - the two tries were just plain soft. Robbie O'Davis had a great game in defence.

Something telling I heard on the Fox commentary is that the Knights rate worst in tries conceded in the middle third of the field - so perhaps we are a bit harsh in giving it to Quinn and Carmont in regards to the defensive problems in the club.

All in all - a waste of a season. The players conceded the season with 4 or 5 weeks to go. It was heartening that they showed some heart and ticker tonight - it should have been done weeks ago. It should not take 4 or 5 players playing their last game with the club for the team to play like that.

Enjoy Mad Monday boys - the work on 2005 should start very soon...

Stranger

Coach
All in all - a waste of a season.
Hardly. The juniors will be well prepared next year and for the years to come. People are realising that our team isnt about Johns. and Buderus is a great leader and captain.

IanG

Coach
If only we had played like that and like we diod against the dragons all season. It was nice to see them play in the old style jerseys again too.

NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS: Alan McMahon Shield WINNERS 2004 :clap: :clap: :clap:

Missa

Juniors
yeah i thought they put in an enthusiastic effort tonight...the young guys will be better for the go this year in the long run....it was a hard season to watch but i know we will come out a better team next year with the attitude that we can show and use to win games.......when robbie o came on the field and they showed him he was upset with tears in his eyes and it made me emotional too.......all the best robbie o...ill miss u......well done all round for tonight :clap:

Missa

Juniors
lol.....just easier...cant be bothered to put in comas and a full stop...im used to typing a few...dont know y just a habit...lol 8)

Johns Magic

Referee
Not at all. In fact, it sets you apart from all the other posters. It's your trademark thing I guess 8)

Ben

Bench
i do it as well, but missa if you have a patent on it or have copyrighted it, i'll stop right away...lol

Alex28

Coach
i think the 3 fullstop thing is an internet standard now - like lol and pmsl. there is no copyright.

Risa

Bench
I was so proud of the boys tonight. I wish they could have played with that much heart all season.

Bring on 2005 I say

it was a great game. I was there...the crowd went very soft after a while but..
but it was still heeps of fun. Good on the knights, they played great.

deedles

Juniors
i was so very impressed. robbie o had a great game for his last. did anyone see the guys dressed up as knights sitting in the southern concourse. i can't believe they did it, last game they went to, knights v canberra, they had K-N-I-G-H-T-S painted on their stomachs. quite a few of the players acknowledged them on the lap of honour, kidley pointed at them and started laughing and bedsy gestured thank you at them. its so funny cause the boys have only been in the country for 8 weeks. theyre all american exchange students here at uni, it was so funny cause it took them bout 4 hours to make their costumes and louie, andy and george gave theirs to these little kids sitting in front of us and were having sword fights with them. that was the highlight of my night, oh and of course the knights winning.

Gidsgal

Juniors
I thought it was aa great game last night, too bad that they couldn't play like that all season, cause it all came a bit too late!! but good on the boys, u did really well, and I'm really proud of the boys effort last night

the_knights_rule

First Grade
man now i really wish robbie o wasnt leaving!
the club obviosuly meant alot to him and it was really sad to see him make his speech with tears in his eyes.
robbie is such a champion! he only finished his lap of honour a little before 9 o clock cos he was shaking hands with just about everyone and thanking everyone..... i got a hug too! :D he seemed genuinley touched at the amount of support everypne was giving him and he trurly deserved it