What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Gronk

Staff member
Who is our Winger and why is Matt K down in Flegg now?

How can we play Rankin when he doesn't even travel with the team?
All good questions. Maybe Matty K is best served playing real footy in Flegg than herding cats in reggies ? Maybe he's named in Flegg for reasons and will play Cup anyway.

Rankin needs to retire. Well maybe that's harsh and leaves us with zero leadership, but he's been pretty ordinary from what I have seen anyway. Maybe that merkin Mac Puafisi can take his place from Flegg ? He's the biggest No.7 on earth (I think 6'4") and kicks goals too. (left)

1682489769809.png

JokerEel

Coach
Interesting maybe that's the plan one SG ball is over move those guys up to Flegg move Flegg to cup.

Would be good too see the Flegg guys play.

Whish the Club would pay some merkins to film the games and post on YouTube!

So I assume unused Doorey comes into that side at #18, and into the starting pack, and one of the edge forwards goes to centre, with Lumelume or Cini shifting to teh vacant wing?

oldmancraigy

Coach
Just caught up on all the chat about whether or not Cayless can coach from last week.

We seem to have empirical evidence suggesting he doesn't know what he is doing.
In a 13 a side game, he has only picked 12.

Clear evidence of incompetence.

Or is it some bizarre Chris Anderson "no markers" tactic???

The ONLY possible conclusion is that Cayless has become frustrated at his wingers inability to catch bombs and mark up defensively. So he is trying the tactic of "if there is no winger they can't kick to them or catch them out in defence".
The proof will be in the pudding on game day.
Either it works and is a master-stroke. In which case Cayless can coach and you all owe Gronk an apology.
Or it doesn't work, and is one of the dumbest experiments ever. In which case Gronk owes apologies.
The third possibility is that Cayless chickens out and picks a winger late. Clear evidence that he listens to outside forces and doesn't believe in himself or his own tactics. Which makes him a crap coach, and Gronk owes apologies.

Let's see how it plays out.

JokerEel

Coach
It's funny how players can go from playing like absolute crap last week against the Warriors in cup to making 100+ meters in first grade the next week in the NRL..

So far Hands Makeshi Greig and Ogden have gone from cup playing average to the NRL and looking half decent.

Gazzamatta

Coach
It's funny how players can go from playing like absolute crap last week against the Warriors in cup to making 100+ meters in first grade the next week in the NRL..

So far Hands Makeshi Greig and Ogden have gone from cup playing average to the NRL and looking half decent.
Its about opportunity I reckon. Lets face it how often have these blokes been given opportunities over the past couple of years. I reckon Cini would be another worth promoting.