What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Gronk

Staff member
wasn’t lacing up shit champ. The bloke was a choker of a player and now a shit coach. Reserve grade looks aimless and without a plan.
Well you’re smart enough to discredit what hiney is saying about Cayless. If the squad is “out of their depth” as you’ve said, who has assembled the squad? The club? So you’re claiming the club has got it wrong with the players in reserves, how isn’t it possible they got it wrong with coach Cayless???? Just because he’s been an assistant at a couple clubs, does that automatically mean he’s the right man at parra? Why would he leave a job at roosters to go to the tigers?
Lots of questions and all plausible. You reckon the reggies squad has good bones and would do much better with a new coach ? Cos last years coach is still the captain and we finished 4th last year. What you reckon ?

Lots of questions and all plausible. You reckon the reggies squad has good bones and would do much better with a new coach ? Cos last years coach is still the captain and we finished 4th last year. What you reckon ?
Agree the players are rubbish starting with Arthur at 7. I mean a few on here really rate him but he has proven to be not even up to resserve grade standard. Saying that, a coach would be able to set some structures and even improve defence. Cayless has done nothing but go backwards.

Gronk

Staff member
Agree the players are rubbish starting with Arthur at 7. I mean a few on here really rate him but he has proven to be not even up to resserve grade standard. Saying that, a coach would be able to set some structures and even improve defence. Cayless has done nothing but go backwards.
Who rates him ? I think that’s a bit of an urban myth. Which poster ? Rates him as a backup or Cup player maybe. But even he needs a pack to go forward and actually defend. He’s still young enough to be playing Flegg FFS, which I dare say was part of the problem in NZ. There was f**k all experience in that side and therefore leadership.

Is it defensive structures or personal accountability? There was lots of arm grabbing in that highlights package. Merkins were just walking through the middle and brushing off defenders. Structures or personal accountability?

IFR33K

Coach

so are you saying, a decent coach won’t improve us?

IFR33K

Coach
Who rates him ? I think that’s a bit of an urban myth. Which poster ? Rates him as a backup or Cup player maybe. But even he needs a pack to go forward and actually defend. He’s still young enough to be playing Flegg FFS, which I dare say was part of the problem in NZ. There was f**k all experience in that side and therefore leadership.

Is it defensive structures or personal accountability? There was lots of arm grabbing in that highlights package. Merkins were just walking through the middle and brushing off defenders. Structures or personal accountability?

so you’re defending the club for appointing cayless, yet blaming the club for the squad assembled and ja?

Gronk

Staff member
so are you saying, a decent coach won’t improve us?
That's a loaded question really and very cheeky of you. Are we in this position because of the coach, of course not.
so you’re defending the club for appointing cayless, yet blaming the club for the squad assembled and ja?
No, Cayless has been in charge of a shit squad for 6 or 7 games.

I think I have been quite critical of the club today across multiple threads, so you're being cheeky for suggesting that I am defending them.

If I'm critical of anyone it's merkins who don't watch the games, yet throw around absolute opinions about who's at fault about NSW Cup playing like dog shit.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Agree the players are rubbish starting with Arthur at 7. I mean a few on here really rate him but he has proven to be not even up to resserve grade standard.
He leads reserve grade in LBAs and TAs. Not bad behind a beaten pack. It’s odd because this same pack was top four last year. Maybe it is Cayless’ fault. Or maybe there’s something else going on.

Gazzamatta

Coach
It will be interesting once Ball complete their season this coming weekend. Id be stunned if players such as Mrthur, Sanders, Lynn, Twiddle and some gun forwards dont find themselves in Flegg which will allow the best Fleggers to jump to the 2s. The Flegg Coach is impressing a few. Maybe he might jump a grade as well.
Excited beyond belief.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Cleary was poached by the Panthers twice, he left the Tigers of his own accord. Pou making up BS as usual to push his agenda. Cleary had just gotten the Warriors to a GF i doubt they wanted him gone.
Cleary got a great offer from Gus to return to Australia in 2011.

Warriors didn't want to let him go.

12 years on they haven't really recovered until possibly this year under Webster.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It will be interesting once Ball complete their season this coming weekend. Id be stunned if players such as Mrthur, Sanders, Lynn, Twiddle and some gun forwards dont find themselves in Flegg which will allow the best Fleggers to jump to the 2s. The Flegg Coach is impressing a few. Maybe he might jump a grade as well.
Excited beyond belief.
Would you say it’s very exciting?

TheRam

Coach
Exactly. Were they sacked or poached? All we know is they keep getting work. The short term form of their team says little about their ability.

What's this exactly bullsh*t. I was commenting on your statement on I. Cleary.

Typical Pou, moving the goal posts and sh*t talking. You're so full of it.