What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

JokerEel

Coach
Why would you ‘really watch’ an individual player? You’ll miss the rest of the game ffs. They’re not your kid.

Nobody ever said they did. And afterwards stats are often the only evidence we have to support a position. Do you think the coaches care about stats?

I watch all our players when at the game my eyes work pretty well for their age.

Stats are the only option if you are living in another country so don't pretend that the stats tell the whole story especially when we actually go to games.

f**k typing on a phone.

hindy111

Post Whore
If you didn’t see it the first time why would you see it the second time? Are you really going to be able to tell the difference between some merkin making 20 tackles in 30 minutes one week and 25 tackles in 50 minutes another week? It’s a rhetorical question, because you’ve already shown you don’t notice things like that. Probably nobody does, which is why coaches (and footy nerds) track statistics during games.

When Inknow the score I notice the things I would miss when it's live and the adrenalin is pumping. I think its normal to pick up on the small things when you already know the result.

the phantom menace

First Grade
If you didn’t see it the first time why would you see it the second time?
f**k... do you never watch movies a second time, and notice somethings you weren't focussed on the first time?

gold digging GIF by Copeland

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Do they show when Brown saved a try or when Hodgson pressured the Souffs halfback and made him kick out on the full?
Try saves and kick pressures are both statistics maintained by the boffins. They just aren't generally available to the public.

Anything you can observe and record can be a statistic. Only the coolest shit makes it into highlight reels, but it all matters.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Do they show all the off the ball stuff that happens?
Supports and decoys are two separate stats you can literally see on NRL.com. In fact, comparing the aggregate team level numbers for these two statistical categories gives some decent insight into the different game plans.
Brown on Friday night causing a knock on when he made back to back to back tackles and followed up when the ball was offloaded?
We know forced fumbles are a stat category used in the NFL. I wouldn't be surprised if the statistics providers tracked this and included it in the feeds they sell to NRL clubs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I watch all our players when at the game my eyes work pretty well for their age.
f**k your eyes.
Stats are the only option if you are living in another country so don't pretend that the stats tell the whole story especially when we actually go to games.
Oh we're playing this game again are we? In that case, don't YOU f**ken pretend stats are worthless and tell us nothing about the game. They are literally a record of what occurred on the field.
f**k typing on a phone.
f**k your thumbs.

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach
I watch all the games either at the ground or in person.
Then I look at the team stats on NRL.COM to better try and understand the reason for the result.
Then I look at individual stats on NRL.COM to see who were our hardest workers, our biggest error makers, our post contact leaders, and heaps of other things.
Then I watch the game at least once more and keep a closer eye on individual player performances based on what the stats told me.
I also read the game day thread and look at the stats again for why someone was this weeks scapegoat.

hindy111

Post Whore
I do watch the games. I just don't want to have to keep a count of decoy runs and tackles to work out how hard some merkin is workin'. We have statistics to tell us that so we can live in the moment. While sitting on the couch eating Doritos and abusing the TV ffs

There is a recession on and you're splurging on corn chips.
You must be a powerful millionaire

the phantom menace

First Grade
I watch all the games either at the ground or in person.
Then I look at the team stats on NRL.COM to better try and understand the reason for the result.
Then I look at individual stats on NRL.COM to see who were our hardest workers, our biggest error makers, our post contact leaders, and heaps of other things.
Then I watch the game at least once more and keep a closer eye on individual player performances based on what the stats told me.
I also read the game day thread and look at the stats again for why someone was this weeks scapegoat.
That's very thorough...

Latest posts