What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Gronk

Staff member
Had a really good game last night. No glaring defensive errors. Looked all at sea under one floating bomb but managed to get the bounce. One fantastic run from his in goal where he beat 4 defenders and made 30 meters. Definitely the best fullback game from any other Eels Cup fullback this year that Ive seen.
He did. I was kinda disappointed for him that he got shifted from centre. I know that Lume could have played fullback and yes he is shit, but I thought Zac was a real contender for that Simonsson spot. Now it seems that Bailey is looking more solid and Zac has been shifted to plug a hole. The thing is with Zac at FB is that he has no ball playing ability and if Gutho goes down or gets shuffled to the halves, the will probably opt for Asi over Zac. So I think Zac’s cards are marked.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Rodwell had a massive game. JJBM was strong in attack. Asi defended and kicked well. We might've found the next Jake Arthur.
Kicking not as precise as Jakes but he did ok. Poked his nose through a couple of times but lacked the speed to take advantage. A solid game though.
He did. I was kinda disappointed for him that he got shifted from centre. I know that Lume could have played fullback and yes he is shit, but I thought Zac was a real contender for that Simonsson spot. Now it seems that Bailey is looking more solid and Zac has been shifted to plug a hole. The thing is with Zac at FB is that he has no ball playing ability and if Gutho goes down or gets shuffled to the halves, the will probably opt for Asi over Zac. So I think Zac’s cards are marked.
Not the first time they will have got it wrong. What was your impression of Asi's game specifically his speed? He looked Jake Arthur pace to my untrained eye.

Gronk

Staff member
Kicking not as precise as Jakes but he did ok. Poked his nose through a couple of times but lacked the speed to take advantage. A solid game though.
Not the first time they will have got it wrong. What was your impression of Asi's game specifically his speed? He looked Jake Arthur pace to my untrained eye.
I thought we woukd have won by another 3 tries if Jake played because were pretty rudderless. Poor Rankin had a job to do telling the rookie forwards where to run and Asi was basically winging it. I think he needs a good month in the halves to settle in. He’s it now that Yates down for maybe a month, so we have no other option. Yeah I like him and a good project for BA and Baz.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I thought we woukd have won by another 3 tries if Jake played because were pretty rudderless. Poor Rankin had a job to do telling the rookie forwards where to run and Asi was basically winging it. I think he needs a good month in the halves to settle in. He’s it now that Yates down for maybe a month, so we have no other option. Yeah I like him and a good project for BA and Baz.
Definitely need to see more.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Won't play first grade unless there is no other option in the club.
Not trusted in defence by coaching staff.
My little bird told me he is a very good talent but doesn’t like defending. Looks like nothing has changed.

sorry mate I’m talking about Asi, sorry if you meant Zuuuuuuuucinnnniiiiiii!!!!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It’s more his footwork, which is more useful for threatening the defence than pure speed.

way to sidestep the answer

I thought speed was one of his assets, are we saying now he is not that quick ?

I've only seen highlights so not enough to form an opinion

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
way to sidestep the answer

I thought speed was one of his assets, are we saying now he is not that quick ?

I've only seen highlights so not enough to form an opinion
I never thought he was quick (or slow). The highlights I’ve seen he was able to wrong foot defenders and either ball play or beat an isolated defender with strength.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I never thought he was quick (or slow). The highlights I’ve seen he was able to wrong foot defenders and either ball play or beat an isolated defender with strength.
He actually reminded me a bit of Dyl. Poked through the D but didnt have the speed to take advantage. Maybe an injury. He looked good otherwise. His kicking needs work.

Latest posts