What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If by rissoled you mean released following his request to pursue improved future conditions, then I might let you off this errant claim.

But I suspect you didn't, and so I won't... you seem to be copping shit on a few fronts tonight about your usual errant and easily disprovable claims - having an off night?
By ‘rissoled’ I mean we got rid of him. Demand from another club doesn’t change that. Nathan Brown was rissoled too. If we wanted them they’d still be here completing their contractual obligations. Likewise if they still wanted to be here.

JokerEel

Coach
Jersey Flegg have a bye this week. I wonder if a bunch get a rest or bumped up to cup ?

Will this Sanders make his debut this week ?

Sanders is playing up in QLD on Thursday so I doubt he backs up.

But let's hope some of the other Flegg guys get a chance.

Gronk

Staff member
1 Arthur Miller-Stephen
2 Haze Dunster
3 Waqa Blake
4 Sam Loizou
5 Isaac Lumelume
6 Zac Cini
7 Jordan Rankin
8 Ofahiki Ogden
9 Jayden Yates
10 Makahesi Makatoa
11 Jack Murchie
12 Matt Doorey
13 Ky Rodwell

14 Dan Keir
15 Jontay Junior Betham-Misa
16 Toni Mataele
17 Jirah Momoisea

jason taylor

Bench
Is this Loizou's first game back?

That 2-5 hardly inspires confidence - crossing all my fingers and toes that we don't have any injuries to our first grade backline.

By ‘rissoled’ I mean we got rid of him. Demand from another club doesn’t change that. Nathan Brown was rissoled too. If we wanted them they’d still be here completing their contractual obligations. Likewise if they still wanted to be here.
There is a difference between straight getting rid of and releasing with mutual contentment.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cini at 5/8 is a new one
I’d say it’s just about fitting the best (of the rest) players into the team and worrying about their jersey numbers later. It’s safe to say this setup is two fullbacks, one cup half.

When Keir wore 6 he was just another back rower, like Matterson’s recent games in first grade.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He is very good in broken play. He would excel in a good team, at least in attack. But a good team wouldn't put up with his defence. Kind of a shame for him and the game, really. It would be good to see more light steppers facing broken defensive lines.

JokerEel

Coach
He is very good in broken play. He would excel in a good team, at least in attack. But a good team wouldn't put up with his defence. Kind of a shame for him and the game, really. It would be good to see more light steppers facing broken defensive lines.

I hope he got a good pay day as the next one won't be any good

Minutes played, via https://www.nswrl.com.au/draw/nsw-cup/2023/round-20/eels-v-rabbitohs/

Yates 80mins
Murchie 80mins
Keir 80mins
Momoisea 80mins
Makatoa 72mins - two stints, also 18th man for the NRL game
Ogden 58mins - two stints
Betham-Mesa 55mins - two stints
Cini 40mins - went off at half-time, not sighted again
Brazel 40mins - came on at half-time
Parker 29mins - two stints
Mataele 18mins
Doorey 8mins - went off early and not sighted again

Delboy

First Grade
Doorey was carried off with what appeared to be a bad ankle injury. Cini did his hand or wrist early and seemed to play handicapped all first half .

Mataele struggled again, Miller-Stephen tried all game, Yates again prob best, halves not really prominent, fwds average, Waqa played like he has all season and Dunster still off the pace but tried , he’s obviously not fully recovered.