What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

IFR33K

Coach
Ya never know mate. BA is pretty sneaky. Who would have predicted that secret move of starting Barlow on the edge last week? It confused the fu*k outta the Brave Roosters.

I recall him making a tackle on the edge, but that’s it. Was he there for his entire first stint,

Gazzamatta

Coach
I recall him making a tackle on the edge, but that’s it. Was he there for his entire first stint,
Na I dont think so. It was probably more a case of Hoppy playing edge and middle to cover Barlow dreaming about becoming the next world heavyweight champ. 😁

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I have this game in my calendar for 5:20pm AEST, but I see it's actually on Saturday at two. Has it moved or do I need to fire my Bangladeshi virtual secretary?

Gronk

Staff member
I have this game in my calendar for 5:20pm AEST, but I see it's actually on Saturday at two. Has it moved or do I need to fire my Bangladeshi virtual secretary?
You could fire your AI secretary, however the next time you fly the plane could crash into a mountain.

code GIF

Down 14-4 at half time with a player sin-binned, and down 24-4 with 28 mins left... and then a comeback to win the game? Must've really wanted to send Cayless out a winner 😂.

Cini two tries, Hands a try, Miller-Stephens a try, even Makatoa a try... and who tf is last minute addition Lachlan Blackburn also scoring a try?

The future's bright 😎 - and (apart from the remaining 3 NRLW rounds) the season is now officially over...

Soto

Bench
Can you let the team know that please?? Because they haven’t given a f**k in 6 weeks.
Reality is we were shit this year. We didn't at any stage have our best 1-17 on the field for 1 game..with a combination of injuries and suspensions and sh$t selections it really was a season that never took off...
3 wins for mine were very good...2 riff wins and the soufs win....that's all she wrote

Gronk

Staff member

Panthers pounce, then stumble: NSW Cup dreams shattered​

The Penrith Panthers' hopes of defending their Knock-On Effect NSW Cup premiership came crashing down as they suffered a devastating loss to the Parramatta Eels.

Despite holding a comfortable 24-4 lead, the Panthers conceded five converted tries in the final 20 minutes, resulting in a 34-24 defeat at BlueBet Stadium.

This defeat means that the Panthers are now out of finals contention and can finish no higher than sixth on the ladder at the end of the regular season.

It is a disappointing outcome for a team that had shown promise earlier in the match.

The Panthers began the game strongly, scoring their first try in the fifth minute through Sam Lane in the right-hand corner.

They continued their dominance in the 12th minute when Isaiah Iongi ran onto an offload to score, with Jack Cole successfully converting to extend their lead to 10-0.

The Panthers' attacking efforts were matched by their strong defense, exemplified by Lane's big hit on Arthur Miller-Stephen and Harrison Hassett's bellringer that forced an error from Haze Dunster in a dangerous field position.

In the 24th minute, Daeon Amituanai added to the Panthers' lead by strolling over untouched following a shift to the left.

However, an error by the Panthers coming out of trouble gave the Eels an opportunity, and Zac Cini took advantage by scoring in the left-hand corner.

Panthers-pounce-then-stumble-NSW-Cup-dreams-shattered.jpg.webp

They continued their dominance in the 12th minute when Isaiah Iongi ran onto an offload to score, with Jack Cole successfully converting to extend their lead to 10-0.

The Panthers' attacking efforts were matched by their strong defense, exemplified by Lane's big hit on Arthur Miller-Stephen and Harrison Hassett's bellringer that forced an error from Haze Dunster in a dangerous field position.

In the 24th minute, Daeon Amituanai added to the Panthers' lead by strolling over untouched following a shift to the left.

However, an error by the Panthers coming out of trouble gave the Eels an opportunity, and Zac Cini took advantage by scoring in the left-hand corner.

Jordan Rankin's conversion attempt hit the upright, leaving the score at 14-4.

Unfortunately for the Panthers, their once commanding lead quickly slipped away as the Eels mounted a remarkable comeback.

With their defense crumbling, the Panthers were unable to contain the Eels' attacking onslaught.

Ultimately, this defeat marks the end of the Panthers' journey in the NSW Cup finals.

It is a bitter disappointment for the team and their fans, who had hoped for a successful title defense.

However, they will now have to regroup and focus on the next season's campaign.

Gronk

Staff member
The best depth super fill in back up money could buy i’d expect.
Not sure he'll ever play NRL unless he has the greatest off season eva, but in reggies he's been very versatile and been able to slot in where he needed in the backline or forwards. He's a big boy Takairangi wise.

Some might call him ... :p

1693178556888.png

Latest posts