What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Newtown score.

all of that started from a great kick in goal by Boods and great chase by Cassel. But then there was a skuffle in goal and instead of us getting the ball back from a dropout, we concede the penalty 3 m out and from that Newtown go on to score right down the middle

Last edited:

Delboy

First Grade
On reflection the 2 most likely were Cini and Tago, which possibly explains the result. M Arthur’s worst gane in a long time, Ethan snd Dejean ordinary . In the end beaten by a few Sharks reserve graders and Newtown part timers. Still no more than 25/26 in the full time squad and it showed

Gazzamatta

Coach
On reflection the 2 most likely were Cini and Tago, which possibly explains the result. M Arthur’s worst gane in a long time, Ethan snd Dejean ordinary . In the end beaten by a few Sharks reserve graders and Newtown part timers. Still no more than 25/26 in the full time squad and it showed
Good summary. Agree. 👍

Tago is a Ron Massey player from St Mary’s and Cini has had a number of clubs, what was annoying was like BAs team, crash balls inside the 10 and a basic lack of shape when in attack. To be frank you see better shapes in junior reps.
Like BA's team, it's BA's son at hooker putting on the crash plays.

Gronk

Staff member
It was a very poor effort by all. Sanders seemed to take the wrong option every time. Jets had very good line speed, tackled hard and just frustrated the Eels. I guess that’s why they are on top of the table.

Gazzamatta

Coach
It was a very poor effort by all. Sanders seemed to take the wrong option every time. Jets had very good line speed, tackled hard and just frustrated the Eels. I guess that’s why they are on top of the table.
Apart from Cini, the Eels spine werevery poor. The team lacked energy. Failed continually to wrap up the ball or win the tackle. Definitely prime Cayless yesterday. No enthusiasm.

Gronk

Staff member
Apart from Cini, the Eels spine werevery poor. The team lacked energy. Failed continually to wrap up the ball or win the tackle. Definitely prime Cayless yesterday. No enthusiasm.
I though the knives would come out for the coach after their first bad loss for like 7 weeks. o_O

I get pissed that reggies use so many Massey players, but I think maybe when you are top heavy with Ball and Flegg players, consistency becomes a killer ? The young boys like Arthur, Moretti and Sanders, Parker, Latu were average. Charlie and Doorey were good, but got lost in the kerfuffle.

The team certainly struggled with the Jets being in their face, playing tough and off loading.

The surprise packet of the year TBH is Dan Keir. He's had a great season. IIRC he was captain recently. That's a pat on the back, whilst at the same time saying "you're not really going to play NRL dude". Anyway, he's done good and got there with hard work.

JokerEel

Coach
I though the knives would come out for the coach after their first bad loss for like 7 weeks. o_O

I get pissed that reggies use so many Massey players, but I think maybe when you are top heavy with Ball and Flegg players, consistency becomes a killer ? The young boys like Arthur, Moretti and Sanders, Parker, Latu were average. Charlie and Doorey were good, but got lost in the kerfuffle.

The team certainly struggled with the Jets being in their face, playing tough and off loading.

The surprise packet of the year TBH is Dan Keir. He's had a great season. IIRC he was captain recently. That's a pat on the back, whilst at the same time saying "you're not really going to play NRL dude". Anyway, he's done good and got there with hard work.

I think we have to play so many RMC players due to the fact we have some injuries.

Sam L who was actually playing ok at centre seems to be injured along with Martin and Dunster.