What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Give it a rest, BA has moved on, the hooker is just a name now. Needs to be judged on his play not constant references to anyone else, maybe you want to get MA to another club, completely unnecessary. Look at the actual team coach not some shadow you don’t like,
It was a reply to a comment judging him on his play last night...

Gronk

Staff member
I think we have to play so many RMC players due to the fact we have some injuries.

Sam L who was actually playing ok at centre seems to be injured along with Martin and Dunster.
So what about Cassell and Alderton ? There seems to be a thought process that older average pigs are better to play than guys like Saxon Pryke. Let's not even talk about Sam Tuivaiti and his middle mates in Flegg.

JokerEel

Coach
So what about Cassell and Alderton ? There seems to be a thought process that older average pigs are better to play than guys like Saxon Pryke. Let's not even talk about Sam Tuivaiti and his middle mates in Flegg.

Thats probably because Cayless is useless...

You will also notice Jock Brazel is back in Flegg this week..

Gazzamatta

Coach
I though the knives would come out for the coach after their first bad loss for like 7 weeks. o_O

I get pissed that reggies use so many Massey players, but I think maybe when you are top heavy with Ball and Flegg players, consistency becomes a killer ? The young boys like Arthur, Moretti and Sanders, Parker, Latu were average. Charlie and Doorey were good, but got lost in the kerfuffle.

The team certainly struggled with the Jets being in their face, playing tough and off loading.

The surprise packet of the year TBH is Dan Keir. He's had a great season. IIRC he was captain recently. That's a pat on the back, whilst at the same time saying "you're not really going to play NRL dude". Anyway, he's done good and got there with hard work.
Well he is the coach and the preparation was obviously off last night. But if youre happy with the tripe he dished up yesterday more power to you buddy. I know they can do better than the couldnt give a sh*t defence they produced last night.

Gronk

Staff member
Thats probably because Cayless is useless...

You will also notice Jock Brazel is back in Flegg this week..
So the Cup coach has a call on player development and the timing of age team players moving to open games against men ?

Who decides that the 18/19/20 year olds play Sydney Cup against men for Cabramatta, but not NSW Cup ?

Gronk

Staff member
Well he is the coach and the preparation was obviously off last night. But if youre happy with the tripe he dished up yesterday more power to you buddy. I know they can do better than the couldnt give a sh*t defence they produced last night.

I don't know where you got that bolded bit from.

I just find it interesting that the Calyess haters are MIA for the past 7 weeks, but as soon as Cup lose, the knives are out. All those missed tackles are poor preparation by the coach ?

I don't give a rats if Cayless or Billy Rogers is the coach, but I think it smells of agenda to just flop the blame on the coach cos you don't like him.

Craig Fitzgibbon's team has leaked 70+ points in two weeks. Does that mean he has failed to prepare his team ? Of course not, because there are a myriad of factors that lead to a loss.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
So the Cup coach has a call on player development and the timing of age team players moving to open games against men ?

Who decides that the 18/19/20 year olds play Sydney Cup against men for Cabramatta, but not NSW Cup ?

The cup coach picks his team

The coach of Cabramatta Sydney Shield picks them after they aren't picked for the Eels jersey flegg team

Gazzamatta

Coach
I don't know where you got that bolded bit from.

I just find it interesting that the Calyess haters are MIA for the past 7 weeks, but as soon as Cup lose, the knives are out. All those missed tackles are poor preparation by the coach ?

I don't give a rats if Cayless or Billy Rogers is the coach, but I think it smells of agenda to just flop the blame on the coach cos you don't like him.

Craig Fitzgibbon's team has leaked 70+ points in two weeks. Does that mean he has failed to prepare his team ? Of course not, because there are a myriad of factors that lead to a loss.
I just call it as I see it Gronky. I dont care about other teams performances. They have no relevance. No way Cayless is good for the development of our youngsters. True he had some ordinary players yesterday but most Cup teams do. His style is as boring as BAs was and his ability to develop consistency in effort let alone A or D likewise. He will go the same way as his guru. Do Cup coaches ever get punted mid season?

JokerEel

Coach

Mate it's been proven pretty easily that the system in place under the current coach is shit house.

It's probably the Flegg coach telling the younger players to go play Shield as they will get bugger all development in CUP...

I always expect our teams to do a decent job, we haven’t had sufficient depth for more than a few years. Clubs with big junior leagues should be competitive, The Riff manages it
Riff are 3 wins ahead of us, still a long way to go.

We left 6 points out there, and the wingers each let in an extra try a peice.

Lorenzo will get better, but our depth is an issue and has been for a while. We all know who you blame, but I now wonder what will happen in the next month to see us meet salary cap expectations.

JokerEel

Coach
Anyone know the order of team selections?

1. NRL
2. Cup or Flegg
3. Flegg or Cup
4. RMC for the scraps?

To be honest no idea!

But as much as I like to give it to the selections I assume they are playing the players in the grade that better suits their development..

Young forwards seem to get kept longer in Flegg (apart from Guymer and MA)..

Gazzamatta

Coach
I always expect our teams to do a decent job, we haven’t had sufficient depth for more than a few years. Clubs with big junior leagues should be competitive, The Riff manages it
I heard a stat yesterday that in the Harold Matts Competition since inception in 1970, 55 seasons, our Eels have won 20 times and been grandfinalists a further 9 times. 29 out of 55 as the best or second best team.

I heard a stat yesterday that in the Harold Matts Competition since inception in 1970, 55 seasons, our Eels have won 20 times and been grandfinalists a further 9 times. 29 out of 55 as the best or second best team.
Correct,

The SG Ball Competition has us winning 14 times with 9 times as runner up. (Since 1965)

Then Flegg we have won 3 times and 6 more times as runner up (Since 1961)

The Presidents cup we had never won as far as Wiki can tell me and we were in the last grand final in 1996 and I know we won the Presidents cup as Wenty when we won the 3 on the trott because I got to drink out of it that night at Wenty Leagues

So the problem seems to be as they get older we drop off.

Latest posts