What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lol. What everyone else is saying is that after 32mins of a totally free Barrett seeing what Lussick was bringing to the table that game - and indeed this season - he's rightly been "disappeared".
I’m saying it was an uncharacteristic defensive display. Tackles per attempt in thirty minutes was well below his season average.
Are you trying to claim Lussick was injured during the Souths game, and that he should be first choice over Hands? And if not, why are you even typing...
Lussick was hooked right after we scored a try. I doubt it was for poor performance in a game where our entire middle fell apart.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Probably that he won't be a threat running from dummy half when we play his team? Other than that, Barrett wouldn't care... but nice deflection.

What's that got to do with how poor Lussick has been compared to Hands... or how poor a team with Lussick as 80min hooker has performed compared to a team with Hands as 80min hooker...?
Because Hands over 80 minutes is a very small sample. He has rarely been trusted with that level of football, and it’s for a reason. He is very inconsistent, including in reserve grade.

I’m saying it was an uncharacteristic defensive display. Tackles per attempt in thirty minutes was well below his season average.
Well yes... but you could equally isolate 30min periods in any of his 80min games and likely find other 30min periods ones with that same ratio. Have a look at the minute-by-minute breakdown of his missed tackles this season, and get back to me when you have proved your attempted point ☺️
Lussick was hooked right after we scored a try. I doubt it was for poor performance in a game where our entire middle fell apart.
You can doubt all you like... but bottom line is that you don't know any more about it (or about anything) than any other merkin who posts on here.

Because Hands over 80 minutes is a very small sample. He has rarely been trusted with that level of football, and it’s for a reason. He is very inconsistent, including in reserve grade.
Have you done the analysis though? There are two games where Hands has played 80mins at hooker in NRL and blitzed it - last week's game, and 2023 v the Dogs at Parra Stadium.

Where are your specific 80min examples to the contrary? (And reserve grade form being shifted among a range positions week to week is not acceptable evidence for your attempted point.)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well yes... but you could equally isolate 30min periods in any of his 80min games and likely find other 30min periods ones with that same ratio.
Well go on then. Back up your claim.
Have a look at the minute-by-minute breakdown of his missed tackles this season, and get back to me when you have proved your attempted point ☺️
You are the one trying to counter the point. I’ve given you the evidence supporting mine. Now it’s your turn.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Have you done the analysis though? There are two games where Hands has played 80mins at hooker in NRL and blitzed it - last week's game, and 2023 v the Dogs at Parra Stadium.

Where are your specific 80min examples to the contrary? (And reserve grade form being shifted among a range positions week to week is not acceptable evidence for your attempted point.)
Consider it like this: Hands has been able to remain on the field for 80 minutes because we weren’t under pressure in those games. You are assuming causality. The fact is he has played poorly in limited minutes when he’s had to appear in games where we weren’t controlling the ball.

Combining Pou's boring :poo: replies into one post...
We needed a hooker to replace Hodgson. Even if Hands had been good enough to start, we needed an extra hooker in the squad. Lussick was the only merkin available.
Needed a back-up when Hodgson was medically retired, yes.
But that doesn't justify Lussick's selection as starter over Hands by BA in any way. Ask Trent.
Well go on then. Back up your claim.

You are the one trying to counter the point. I’ve given you the evidence supporting mine. Now it’s your turn.
I posted Lussick's missed tackle stats from the first 12 rounds. You've provided no evidence to support your assertion that is no worse than Hands' record. It's (still) your turn - but you've used it to deflect and pick up the Community Chest card to go back three spaces 😂.
Consider it like this: Hands has been able to remain on the field for 80 minutes because we weren’t under pressure in those games. You are assuming causality. The fact is he has played poorly in limited minutes when he’s had to appear in games where we weren’t controlling the ball.
Yeah... nah. Nice attempted deflection, but that's not what we were talking about.

Hands is a better 80min hooker than Lussick - was in 2023 (before Lussick even came), and is in 2024 (after Lussick has been banished).

Soto

Bench
Wow still going...looks like Pou has his hands all over lussick like he did with BA.
Remember Pou would always say coach knows best...to that effect anyway.
Now Barrett is coach..he knows best. End of story

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Combining Pou's boring :poo: replies into one post...

Needed a back-up when Hodgson was medically retired, yes.
But that doesn't justify Lussick's selection as starter over Hands by BA in any way. Ask Trent.
No what justified it was Hands' performances in the back half of 2023. It's like you're still excited about his first four NRL starts, which were against the Bulldogs (twice), Origin-depleted Manly and the Dolphins. After that he went downhill along with the team. There's a theme emerging here.
I posted Lussick's missed tackle stats from the first 12 rounds. You've provided no evidence to support your assertion that is no worse than Hands' record.
I mentioned Hands' record in the context of your comment about Lussick playing in the ESL. Not his tackle effectiveness. Lussick and Hands have both been very good in that area. Better than most NRL hookers.
It's (still) your turn - but you've used it to deflect and pick up the Community Chest card to go back three spaces 😂.

Yeah... nah. Nice attempted deflection, but that's not what we were talking about.
Oh we most definitely were.
Hands is a better 80min hooker than Lussick - was in 2023 (before Lussick even came), and is in 2024 (after Lussick has been banished).
That's because you've forgotten Lussick's 2021 performances in a strong team, when every merkin here thought he was a good player (he's not) and you only remember his 2024 performances in a shit team, when every merkin here thought he was shit (he's also not).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Wow still going...looks like Pou has his hands all over lussick like he did with BA.
Remember Pou would always say coach knows best...to that effect anyway.
Now Barrett is coach..he knows best. End of story
This isn't about who should be picked this week, it's about whether players should have been brought to the club.

No what justified it was Hands' performances in the back half of 2023. It's like you're still excited about his first four NRL starts, which were against the Bulldogs (twice), Origin-depleted Manly and the Dolphins. After that he went downhill along with the team. There's a theme emerging here.

I mentioned Hands' record in the context of your comment about Lussick playing in the ESL. Not his tackle effectiveness. Lussick and Hands have both been very good in that area. Better than most NRL hookers.

Oh we most definitely were.

That's because you've forgotten Lussick's 2021 performances in a strong team, when every merkin here thought he was a good player (he's not) and you only remember his 2024 performances in a shit team, when every merkin here thought he was shit (he's also not).
Yeah... nah. As suspected, no evidence - just opinion, as equally (in)valid as anyone else's.

Elisa Donovan Whatever GIF

Latest posts