What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Gherkin

Juniors
There is a suggestion in these pages that Hands should have been given time at hooker in Cup ahead of Arthur. So now, should that be the case with Lussick too ?
While we still have a chance of making the finals in first grade I’d be playing Lussick at 9 in cup. If Hands gets injured Lussick is the next man in unfortunately. Arthur will likely be a much better player than both but it’s too soon to throw him in first grade. Once the 1’s are out of contention I’d put the focus back on development and put Arthur back in.
We’re putting ourselves in a situation where if hands gets injured lussick might get called back into 1’s off the back of not having played for a while. This is all assuming he isn’t injured.

hindy111

Post Whore
Sounds like a goer. Ill keep my eye on him. Ta.
Meni has been getting 10 to 15 each week. Obviously hes not in their plans which is fair enough. What I've seen of him, I dont think the Cup team loses much when he comes on. Hes got decent skills. Anyway, the point is do you see Boods sharing game time with Lussick? Would Lussick be happy with 10 to 15 each week?
Should there be an issue with Hands would they select Lussick or Boods?
Maybe they are forcing Lussick out which seems crazy given he was BAs first, last and only pick.
Maybe Lussick is injured (one of those secret injurys we are really good at hiding) and he will be back in the Ones shortly?
As I keep saying, we are in very exciting times. Cant see many negatives thus far. Gotta love change.

He has regressed heaps in the last 2 weeks and that's the reason Barrett had to make the call and drop him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He went from an NRL starter to Ron Massey cup level in 7 days
His last involvement was at dummy half for our first try against Souths. He left the field right after that and hasn’t played since. In that game he missed four tackles in thirty minutes, which is uncharacteristic of him. He’s most likely carrying an injury.

His last involvement was at dummy half for our first try against Souths. He left the field right after that and hasn’t played since. In that game he missed four tackles in thirty minutes, which is uncharacteristic of him. He’s most likely carrying an injury.
It's actually not uncharacteristic of Lussick, if you examine his stats - both here and in Superleague.

He is defending at over 92% for the year, but in less than half a game vs Souths defended at just over 80%
Well according to that source, Lussick's final NRL game was the fifth time this season he's missed 4 or more tackles.

Hardly uncharacteristic imo - more just an exploitable turnstyle that got found out.

1717592247509.png

Latest posts