What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well according to that source, Lussick's final NRL game was the fifth time this season he's missed 4 or more tackles.

Hardly uncharacteristic imo
It was uncharacteristic because it was a full match worth in 32 minutes. This was also borne out by the tackle effectiveness for that match being significantly lower than his average. It was an outlier, uncharacteristic even.

hindy111

Post Whore
Wrong again. Most weeks he doesn’t miss that many in 80 minutes.

I've seen numerous times where he is to slow to even get his hands on a player to close the gap. These don't count as missed tackles. I reckon it happens atleast once or twice a game tbh and all of these are line breaks. Much different then Mahoney being bounced off. He still plugs the gap and slows the player down a little.
Lussick is a turtle

It was uncharacteristic because it was a full match worth in 32 minutes. This was also borne out by the tackle effectiveness for that match being significantly lower than his average. It was an outlier, uncharacteristic even.
Maybe he would have not missed another tackle for the remainder of the game of he wasn't hooked... we're not to know.

What we are to know is that missing 4 or more tackles in a game is not uncharacteristic for Lussick, and he hasn't been seen on field since Barrett decided what we could all see - that there was a better option.

Incorrect

Coach
In the Hands v Lussick debate, let's not understate the affect BA's call to bring back a bloke mid season from the ESL last year and who wasn't exactly killing it over there, to start in front of Hands. This wouldn't have done Hands' mindset or confidence much good I wouldn't have thought. Then to compound things, he gets played out of his preferred position in reserve grade this year.

There's a lot of lip/keyboard service paid to mental health in this forum. I would assert that Hands' suffered because of the shabby treatment outlined above and it may be a while before he recovers. That the bloke who replaced him in the top grade is also the club captain's brother in law may have added another degree of anxiety and uncertainty for Hands. He certainly put his best foot forward last week on his return to the starting line up though. Long may it continue.

Gronk

Staff member
In the Hands v Lussick debate, let's not understate the affect BA's call to bring back a bloke mid season from the ESL last year and who wasn't exactly killing it over there, to start in front of Hands. This wouldn't have done Hands' mindset or confidence much good I wouldn't have thought. Then to compound things, he gets played out of his preferred position in reserve grade this year.

There's a lot of lip/keyboard service paid to mental health in this forum. I would assert that Hands' suffered because of the shabby treatment outlined above and it may be a while before he recovers. That the bloke who replaced him in the top grade is also the club captain's brother in law may have added another degree of anxiety and uncertainty for Hands. He certainly put his best foot forward last week on his return to the starting line up though. Long may it continue.

Poor form implying that people who read and post in our Mental Health thread are disingenuous..

#boo

1717629813065.png

1717629969041.png

If we replace the term "lip service paid to" with say "thoughts around... posted", then the point around BA's/the Club's recruitment of Lussick mid last year is valid.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I've seen numerous times where he is to slow to even get his hands on a player to close the gap. These don't count as missed tackles.
Something else that doesn’t count as a missed tackle is when the player is walking and gets nowhere near the attacker.
I reckon it happens atleast once or twice a game tbh and all of these are line breaks. Much different than Mahoney being bounced off. He still plugs the gap and slows the player down a little.
Lussick is a turtle
It happens with Hands and Mahoney as well. When the big men are failing to get back onside, the ones who are back in the line are left isolated. That leaves big gaps for spine players to run through. It’s why turtle Lussick has two line breaks this year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Two line breaks from 12 games for a dummy half... that's very poor imo.

Maybe Trent Barrett thought so as well?
Mitch Kenny has one this year. I wonder what Barrett thinks about that?

The fact is, for every quick play-the-ball your dummy half chooses to run on, it’s one fewer your other spine players get to exploit. And just like in Mitch Kenny’s team, the other spine players are probably more effective playmakers.

No I’m responding to the stats you raised: Lussick’s playing history, as though Hands’ history wasn’t worse.
I provided stats for Lussick's missed tackles this season - which is what you started discussing by claiming that his final game was uncharacteristic.

Where are Hands' stats for missed tackles from the games he was starting hooker? Where is you evidence for your claim that Hands' history was worse? Oh, that's right...

All That No GIF by Nickelodeon

I didn’t say 4 tackles in a game was uncharacteristic, I said 4 in 32 minutes. What was absolutely uncharacteristic was his tackle effectiveness (tackles per attempt) for that game.
Lol. What everyone else is saying is that after 32mins of a totally free Barrett seeing what Lussick was bringing to the table that game - and indeed this season - he's rightly been "disappeared".

Are you trying to claim Lussick was injured during the Souths game, and that he should be first choice over Hands? And if not, why are you even typing...

Troll Dancing GIF

Mitch Kenny has one this year. I wonder what Barrett thinks about that?
Probably that he won't be a threat running from dummy half when we play his team? Other than that, Barrett wouldn't care... but nice deflection.
The fact is, for every quick play-the-ball your dummy half chooses to run on, it’s one fewer your other spine players get to exploit. And just like in Mitch Kenny’s team, the other spine players are probably more effective playmakers.
What's that got to do with how poor Lussick has been compared to Hands... or how poor a team with Lussick as 80min hooker has performed compared to a team with Hands as 80min hooker...?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I provided stats for Lussick's missed tackles this season - which is what you started discussing by claiming that his final game was uncharacteristic.

Where are Hands' stats for missed tackles from the games he was starting hooker? Where is you evidence for your claim that Hands' history was worse? Oh, that's right...

All That No GIF by Nickelodeon
No you mentioned Lussick coming off the bench in Super League as a reason he was unsuited to being part of our top thirty. As though Hands’ resume was any better.