What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

King-Gutho94

Coach
Geeze you guys will never forgive Matto for that suspension / fine decision late 2022 - 85 weeks ago.

Will BA will ever forgive him.

Those 3 losses to start last year have contributed heavily towards BA getting sacked as i doubt he would have been sacked if we won 1 more game last year and played finals. Dylan Brown's selfishness last year as well but he and Matto's actions led to us missing finals.

But am i wrong in saying that we started 0-3 and all those 3 games were winnable we probably win with Matto there instead of a dipshit in Momoisea defending out there.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Cry me a river you big sook.
Oooooooooh!!! He Mad!!!

Time for a gif and a cry and then it will be time to play the Victim. Too bad all the BS you have posted over the years in service of Bea Arthur and the incompetent management of the club doesn’t disappear.

The internet must be a Mean Girl as well.

King-Gutho94

Coach
He took the fine because he’s a selfish tight arse
BA was ropeable and rightly so.

I reckon you could get pissed & have 21 schooners get thrown into a tree and still think what a dumb decision it was going to be.

How anyone in our football department could even think about signing that off were kidding themselves. If money was so much of an issue for Matto the club should have talked it through more professionally and come up with a solution.

It was amateur hour at best.

King-Gutho94

Coach
yep, tried to get it reversed once he copped some backlash too but the decision had already been made
October 5th 2022 he basically explained why he was taking the fine.

"It didn't make sense to me," Matterson told reporters.

"At the time I thought it was definitely a penalty, but I didn't think it would go much further than that.

"Considering Jarome Luai is kicking players and he didn't get cited. It makes you think 'Where is this game heading?'"

I just feel $4000 is pretty hefty considering I have already paid nearly $4000 in fines already this year for things that are absurd," Matterson said.

"At the end of the day I've got personal things to worry about outside of rugby league. I just didn't think it was warranted.

If you do something wrong at work, they don't take money off you."

Matterson explained that Edwards contributed to the problem by back-pedalling, with the Eels forward saying he tried to leave space for his opponent's head.

"I'm not going to let him back-pedal 100 metres. So I have to stop him. There wasn't much in it," he said.

"At the end of the day, I didn't do anything wrong. I'm playing rugby league, it's just getting quicker and quicker and people are getting stronger and stronger – and the game keeps changing rules.

"The fines need to go."

the phantom menace

First Grade
f**k yeah. Out of ideas? Time to get the gang back together. Let’s get @hindy111 in here with some idiotic comments as well, to distract from our weak arguments. Valid points we don’t like? @the phantom menace will ‘easily dismiss’ them. We get the quality of debate we deserve. @Legal Eel has enough personal attacks for everyone.
What are you talking about this time, Willis?

Is this post of Gronks' you quoted (and randomly @tagged others into) attacking you now?

"@tagging" people who regularly show you up into a different without any context might be a sign of impending meltdown or hiatus...

hindy111

Post Whore
f**k yeah. Out of ideas? Time to get the gang back together. Let’s get @hindy111 in here with some idiotic comments as well, to distract from our weak arguments. Valid points we don’t like? @the phantom menace will ‘easily dismiss’ them. We get the quality of debate we deserve. @Legal Eel has enough personal attacks for everyone.

I'm worried about the welfare of a few members on here..Since BAs been punted it feels a few are cracking including yourself.
Breathe deep and slow

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm worried about the welfare of a few members on here..Since BAs been punted it feels a few are cracking including yourself.
Breathe deep and slow
I’m happy with whoever’s the coach because I don’t think it makes much difference. Barrett is fine. I don’t think anyone else would do any better with this squad. Bennett might win an extra 10% of games. A rookie coach might lose an extra 10%. Premierships are won by clubs more than coaches.

hindy111

Post Whore
I’m happy with whoever’s the coach because I don’t think it makes much difference. Barrett is fine. I don’t think anyone else would do any better with this squad. Bennett might win an extra 10% of games. A rookie coach might lose an extra 10%. Premierships are won by clubs more than coaches.

Yes agree. Squads old and those 4yr deals f**ked us whoever decided them

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I suspect they were required to keep the 2020-2022 team together. Gould also alluded to this years ago, about choosing between having an average team every year or a team that can challenge for a title sometimes.

emjaycee

Coach

I suspect they were required to keep the 2020-2022 team together. Gould also alluded to this years ago, about choosing between having an average team every year or a team that can challenge for a title sometimes.
I reckon they probably thought that keeping the nucleus of players that got us to the GF was a good idea, but they failed to take into account there were no juniors coming through to put pressure on these players as they got older and even if there was, the coach seemed somewhat hesitant to replace the known (and expensive) names with upcomers.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But am i wrong in saying that we started 0-3 and all those 3 games were winnable we probably win with Matto there instead of a dipshit in Momoisea defending out there.
Momoisea was a backup who played a total of 65 minutes (in three games) off the bench, 26 of those minutes at centre. Matterson was part of our middle rotation before and after that three game suspension.

Latest posts