What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

EppingEel

Juniors
So it seems Sanders might have even more competition for a path into first grade next year. I'll be very interested to see how his career turns out

Raiders halfback Adam Cook was named The Knock-On Effect NSW Cup Player of the Year after a stellar season for the Green Machine who finished third on the table.

Cook led the competition for try assists (21), was equal first for line break assists (20), and was second for both points scored (150) and goals (69).

So Sanders is now stuck behind:
1. Fogarty
2. Strange
3. Weekes

and now potentially Cook

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Cook is 25 next year, I don't think he even had a top 30 contract this year with the raiders. He was on a train/trial during last offseason. Has nothing for next year at this stage.

Additionally Saunders isn't that far behind Cook, he has 15 TA and 14 LBA, he also has 11 tries.....Cook 3.....

I think Cook is close to peak...Saunders just at the start....
Cook has done an appropriate apprenticeship for a halfback in both NSW and QLD Cup and is now showing the fruits of that. We are too quick to throw young halfbacks into the fire and then too quick to scrap them when the inevitable form slump happens.

TheCrowe

Juniors
Cook is 25 next year, I don't think he even had a top 30 contract this year with the raiders. He was on a train/trial during last offseason. Has nothing for next year at this stage.

Additionally Saunders isn't that far behind Cook, he has 15 TA and 14 LBA, he also has 11 tries.....Cook 3.....

For a Pie, chips and maybe a coke if he goes ok.
But mainly to annoy Sticky.

Delboy

First Grade
Cook has done an appropriate apprenticeship for a halfback in both NSW and QLD Cup and is now showing the fruits of that. We are too quick to throw young halfbacks into the fire and then too quick to scrap them when the inevitable form slump happens.
Not sure we did that to Sanders, he and his manager made a decision that he would get more opportunities elsewhere , see how that works out.

His manager also got Sticky to ante up some good dollars too, he has an interesting next couple of years in front of him.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Not sure we did that to Sanders, he and his manager made a decision that he would get more opportunities elsewhere , see how that works out.

His manager also got Sticky to ante up some good dollars too, he has an interesting next couple of years in front of him.
No, sorry I didn't mean we did that to Sanders. Was speaking more generally about young halfbacks and implying that Sanders would do well to be a bit more patient, and it will be better for his career in the long run.

EppingEel

Juniors
I just hope next year we have players playing their preferred position in cup. It was ridiculous that we had zero continuity in our halves and back 5. Also Cini should never have been our FB or 5/8th

Delboy

First Grade
I just hope next year we have players playing their preferred position in cup. It was ridiculous that we had zero continuity in our halves and back 5. Also Cini should never have been our FB or 5/8th
Would also help if the geniuses in recruitment actually got around to filling the roster with close to 30 players. In that case we may have been able to field a competitive team and promote younger players into the team alongside better players,

The Ponnisi of the West missed by that much :(

Avenger

Immortal

Who the f**k is Saunders?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It looks like he made his NRL debut at fullback in the year he turned 20 (Sanders’ age this year), and debuted in reserve grade the following year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Would also help if the geniuses in recruitment actually got around to filling the roster with close to 30 players. In that case we may have been able to field a competitive team and promote younger players into the team alongside better players,

The Ponnisi of the West missed by that much :(
Not having thirty players meant we had more space for youngsters to come into the reserve grade team.