What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
So far this season any win is well worth celebrating. From the perspective of the future of the NRL team probably not much to report. Gojetski ran very strongly. Good to see Sullivan live. Generally played well but I especially liked seeing him defend some attacking kicks with great anticipation. Fui made a fair comeback without attracting the ref's ire. Tyrell Sloan was heavily involved in the attack but his hands let him down a few times. But quite remarkably he made two try-saving tackles in succession. Nice to see Woods working hard in NSW Cup.
I like J.Hunt and the younger Molo. Both ran hard today with Jaiden making a fantastic 30-40 m run. The much maligned Poasa made a late entry iwhen the game was already wrapped up but his involvement was much higher than I can recall from any other game.
Great goalkicking from Kamren Cryer with several from the sideline.

blacksafake

First Grade
So far this season any win is well worth celebrating. From the perspective of the future of the NRL team probably not much to report. Gojetski ran very strongly. Good to see Sullivan live. Generally played well but I especially liked seeing him defend some attacking kicks with great anticipation. Fui made a fair comeback without attracting the ref's ire. Tyrell Sloan was heavily involved in the attack but his hands let him down a few times. But quite remarkably he made two try-saving tackles in succession. Nice to see Woods working hard in NSW Cup.
I like J.Hunt and the younger Molo. Both ran hard today with Jaiden making a fantastic 30-40 m run. The much maligned Poasa made a late entry iwhen the game was already wrapped up but his involvement was much higher than I can recall from any other game.
Thanks for the wrap @Dragonsteve2

Dragons4me

Juniors

Sloan had his whole hand cling wrapped in ice after the game. He made two successive try saving tackles late in the game. It was a good game to watch. Some very good attacking combinations on show.

Spazer

Juniors
I could only watch the highlights but it looked like bud had 3 try assists and a try of his own which is good signs. Would love to see the full game to see how he defended.

From the comments here it looked like J.Hunt played another good game, I would imagine he would be one of the two players hook mentioned last week that has impressed.

BLM01

First Grade
I could only watch the highlights but it looked like bud had 3 try assists and a try of his own which is good signs. Would love to see the full game to see how he defended.

From the comments here it looked like J.Hunt played another good game, I would imagine he would be one of the two players hook mentioned last week that has impressed.
Yep Bud was our best. Sloan chimed in when needed and as stated above showed great speed for saving some tries
Fui looked sharp and strong too as did Molo and No 8 (forgot his name or as it Poasa with hair?) ran 100 miles an hour trying to skittle em.
A mention for Rueben as well, did good

Dragon David

First Grade
I would say that as far as combinations go, the teams for the KOE Cup and first grade will be the same for several weeks. It is the only way that the coaches can get the guys to form a good platform to work from. Save for some injuries and suspensions, the guys will be playing as they were yesterday I'd say for a good period.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yep Bud was our best. Sloan chimed in when needed and as stated above showed great speed for saving some tries
Fui looked sharp and strong too as did Molo and No 8 (forgot his name or as it Poasa with hair?) ran 100 miles an hour trying to skittle em.
Good to see that a lot of the players in the KOE Cup are putting in and playing well. They started off patchy and clunky and got beaten convincingly but from all your reports, they are now beginning to show that they are working together as a team and more fully committed.

possm

Coach
If Sloan is not available for round 7, I'd like to see the following lineup against the Roosters:
1. Stewart
2. Matt Feagai
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Bird
7. Hunt
8. Molo
9. Mbye
10. McGuire
11. Sims
12. Su'A
13. De Belin

14 Amone
15 Burgess
16. Woods
17. Lawrie / Kerr

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
If Sloan is not available for round 7, I'd like to see the following lineup against the Roosters:
1. Stewart
2. Matt Feagai
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Bird
7. Hunt
8. Molo
9. Mbye
10. McGuire
11. Sims
12. Su'A
13. De Belin

14 Amone
15 Burgess
16. Woods
17. Lawrie / Kerr
The KOE has had two wins in two weeks and the common denominator seems to be that Bud has played well in both games. Admittedly Bird was pretty good at 5/8 but he's still prone to running around like a hairy goat playing forcings off with defenders. Hardly what is needed from a playmaker.

I'd have Bud back to 6 and Bird starting 11. Sims to the bench in place of the useless Kerr or Burgess who looks like Tarzan but plays like......

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
BLM, No 8 was Poasa but your description of "Poasa with hair" should win you a literary prize. I was confused by the hair which together with his energy made him look like a raw, but excited, youngster roped in at the last minute. You are right too about him going 100 mph! I know it's KOE not NRL but he looked a different player. Just a reminder that nobody deserves to be totally written off as often happens on this Forum

I met Jaiden Hunt during the week and he told me what a difference it was against the Rabbits with Sullivan giving the forwards some direction. Yesterday he was clearly significant in the team's improved performance.

SAP58

Juniors
We are really giving it to the previously undefeated Bears in the NSW Cup, after 54minutes we are leading 30-4 with 6 tries & 3 goals. If anyone is at North Sydney Oval would love to know how Bud is going.

Latest posts