What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

Abbzy_89

Juniors
Sullivan went off on a stretcher in the first half was playing well. Hopefully nothing serious. Sloan has made some great touches

SAP58

Juniors
Sullivan went off on a stretcher in the first half was playing well. Hopefully nothing serious. Sloan has made some great touches
Thanks not what we wanted to hear that Bud has another injury. As you say fingers crossed it isn’t too serious but doesn't sound good if a stretcher is needed.

SAP58

Juniors
Thanks not what we wanted to hear that Bud has another injury. As you say fingers crossed it isn’t too serious but doesn't sound good if a stretcher is needed.
Just heard he was carried off after being knocked out in a tackle & there was some concern about his neck. Hope he is ok.

Spazer

Juniors
That's a real shame, bud looks like the main difference in turning this side around. Hopefully just precautionary and nothing serious.

On a positive however, good win to beat one of the ladder leaders.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yeah he was trying to make a tackle and knocked his head. Hopefully the stretcher was precautionary, he was on the ground for awhile though.
A player like Bud is subject to getting injured because he puts in a lot of effort and there's the difference not like some other players we have playing. A lot of effort means better results but sometimes comes with injuries. I hope the knock isn't something that will keep him out for a couple of weeks as a precaution because since he has come back to playing, the KOE Cup team are winning well.

Abbzy_89

Juniors
A player like Bud is subject to getting injured because he puts in a lot of effort and there's the difference not like some other players we have playing. A lot of effort means better results but sometimes comes with injuries. I hope the knock isn't something that will keep him out for a couple of weeks as a precaution because since he has come back to playing, the KOE Cup team are winning well.
Definitely, he was trying to tackle a 112kg forward running at full pace. 100% commitment.

Crush

Coach
Great to see the depth many of us thought we would have is starting to display itself. Looks like Ramsey and Fui both made their returns as well.
Can’t you only say we have good depth if the first grade team is also doing well?
I don’t think you can compliment our depth when we are coming 14th can you?

justadragon

Bench
Anything that affects the neck they will ALWAYS use a neck brace and a stretcher, but he was up and about later with his team mates that is good news, now he will just have to abide by the concussion protocol, as previously mentioned cant question his commitment, maybe just work on his technique a bit when tackling the big boppers, noting that in the NRL they make a point of running the big fellas at the playmekers all day long,,he has made a world of a difference to this side and it looks as though he is getting some good combinations going,,,well done to him

Dragon David

First Grade
Definitely, he was trying to tackle a 112kg forward running at full pace. 100% commitment.
You have got to admit that young Sulli has got a big heart. In the games I have seen him play, he just doesn't shirk it. He is committed to both attack and defence and this rubs off on the other players particularly the ones he has grown up and played with in the junior teams.

Good luck to him. I'm glad we have signed him up because there would be a few clubs circling for good halves to draw away and sign on bigger coin elsewhere. The lure of the dollar has a tendency to sway many players to other teams but then they don't commit themselves and just go through the motions and put in a couple of good games to take away any criticism.

You will see players going to the Bulldogs for instance on better coin but show nowhere near the effort they would normally put in. Ponga is now a highly paid player after playing the clubs against each other by his Dad as far as I am concerned. He won't be putting in too much. "I got what I wanted and now just go through the motions".

But there are of course the many exceptions who just like playing good, hard no nonsense footy for the team and Bud fits into this category and if he was on a million bucks a year he still wouldn't shirk the hard work I am sure.

possm

Coach
I am cautious about Sullivan's durability. Hopefully, the coaching staff will arrange more support for him as he is a dynamic halfback; the type of player our NRL team needs very much.

I am patiently waiting for our young guns to successfully come through. With them in the side we would have a very dynamic spine:
1. Sloan or Stewart
6. Amone or Bird
7. Sullivan
9. Hunt

Sloan, Amone, and Sullivan just need to get the bodies right and gain more experience playing against men.

denis preston

First Grade
I am cautious about Sullivan's durability. Hopefully, the coaching staff will arrange more support for him as he is a dynamic halfback; the type of player our NRL team needs very much.

I am patiently waiting for our young guns to successfully come through. With them in the side we would have a very dynamic spine:
1. Sloan or Stewart
6. Amone or Bird
7. Sullivan
9. Hunt

Sloan, Amone, and Sullivan just need to get the bodies right and gain more experience playing against men.
Poss, just a question, have you seen Stewart play ? ( I haven't )

Great effort to knock off the JF ladder leaders Dragons. Four from six games. Firsts would kill for that winning margin. Why isn't there more coverage of JF matches. Surely it holds equivalent status as the scrapped Holden Cup. Their matches were fully covered.
Just one question are our three amigos still of age to play JF. If Griffin continues to deny them top grade exposure, reckon for their development they'd be better suited in a younger and a winning outfit for their development rather than the ressies. Going on the body language of Tyrell Sloan he does not look happy with his present situation.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
W
Great effort to knock off the JF ladder leaders Dragons. Four from six games. Firsts would kill for that winning margin. Wish there was more coverage of JF matches as it is a good feeder to the top grade. Just one question are our three amigos still of age to play JF. If not in the top grade they'd be better suited for their development in a winning outfit rather than the ressies with its paltry three from seven..
WTF?
1. JF a good feeder in lieu of reggies for 1st grade? 🤔.
2. You need to research eligibility to play Flegg
3. Reggies not a winning outfit.? 🧐. They have just won their past 3 easily after admittedly a poor / slow start with 2 of those amigos playing aginst men and just beat the undefeated Bears

Back to the drawing board

IMO rugby league is going backwards. While our bosses continue to push for an all eastern seaboard competition, rather than a national one, it is the lack of status for junior league that is most worrying. Not all that long ago both Reserves and the Under 20 comps were televised. This gave us fans an open window into the next gens vying for a spot at the top level. These days if you dont see a junior game, Ball, Flegg, Matthews Cup live you have to be content with a few piddling recorded minutes or pay an online live streaming service. We fans demand better than this. When the three amigos, Sloan, Sullivan and Amone first appeared on the Dragon's radar back in 2019 after winning the Ball Cup, who honestly knew anything about these young talents unless they were being followed closely, say on a forum such as this one. Your average Red V fan would not have known them from Adam.

Latest posts