What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

TheRev

Coach
Ref gave us some awful penalties to the bigname club early but somehow our defence has been rly good..

Ravalawa is the big difference.. running over em.. you can see Buchanans skills, but hes just a bit small still and in this wet weather particularly its rly easy for him to get knocked off his feet.. id like to see him in the dry.

Hopefully no injuries etc, we dont have much in the way of prop rotation.. but thankfully lots of errors and rest.

And once again, damn we need to recruit a goalkicker.. every week we do it the hard way.

justadragon

Bench
Great first half, I'll be pretty pissed off if we fade out in the second, CT and RAV are monstoring the penrith outside backs. I'll say it now RAV should only be on the right wing, he plays way better on that side. I dont know about Egan , he just looks like a toiler but nothing special. Anyway lot of water on the pitch now lads wont be as bad as Newcastle but not far off. Lets just put in a great second half,,, go the Dragons !!

justadragon

Bench
Massive respect to you Justa for trekking it out in the wet. I hope the other games today aren't as disappointing for you mate
Thanks KW, this had been planned for a while with some mates so couldnt back out :) anyway I'm a lot happier now at HT at KOE, I'd love for them to finish it well and just try not to protect the lead.

TheRev

Coach
Never seen goal-line defence like that.. 54 tackles or something on our line and I think we let em in 2 times, heaps held up with last ditch efforts etc.... wonder whats inspired the team? Given all the silly games we let slip this year.. we must be close to best in the comp.

Without the couchmans that was very impressive.. ref gave some shocking hometown penalties too.. although our errors kept them in it as well.. slippery as all hell.. will be tough going tonight.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
First time I have read a positive comment here about Tamale's defence.
Happy to hear it.
Good post KW.
Thanks DD! Yeah, like OT said fullback might be his home! Tamale has always been very strong so no surprise he's a great one-on-one tackler at fullback. As noted by others, his decision making at centre can be poor but that's on our coaching staff to fix. However, when it comes to actually making important tackles he's very good

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Geeeese I thought young Johnson was the better centre today although Buchanan did well for an 18yr old in tough conditions

Tamale had a real dig today and really stayed in the game…….he got driven back 10-15m on his first set hit up but responded very well with a lot of scrambling kick returns and took high bombs wel.

our two FG wingers made a stack of metres probably close to 180-200m each.

Egans 80mins efforts every single week for a 20yr old backrower is relentless!

Tuiteveke all previous weeks had a dominant game along with our little no9 Connor playing hooker and lock almost all game - great work rate.

Coric best game I’ve seen him play and the wet worked well for the 104kg 5 foot tall prop getting low and sliding forward on the hit ups !

good effort boys

Last edited: