What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kogarah Oval Masterplan.

petetheileet

First Grade
LeagueXIII said:
Willow from your opinion the club is St.George, so why not end the charade and just take over officially, reclaim your tradition and history and be done with it, just as Manly did.
In the last 40 years Cronulla have had just as many players from Wollongong as St.George, it's a myth that it is just St.George, the only difference being that Saints had big name players like Langlands, Young and Morris.

and thats not a big enough difference?

In the drawing in the opening post the new stand in the corner of the school end is covered.

From memory this in not the case at the present. Is this going to happen at some stage? I suspect not.

Follow Me Up To Carlton said:
In the drawing in the opening post the new stand in the corner of the school end is covered.

From memory this in not the case at the present. Is this going to happen at some stage? I suspect not.

At the moment there isn't even a stand there. There's just the several rows of lower concourse that encircle the entire ground and grass behind.

It's one of the things listed in the Dragons.com.au article that also featured in the first post of this thread:

Upgrade work on the southern hill with the construction of a single tiered grandstand with seating for up to 1,000 patrons, and provision for new commercial rooms.

brendothejet

First Grade
My problem with the drawing is, the stadium looks brilliant...but

BUT

WHY THE f**k IS THE GROUND EMPTY?

Surely you'd want to promote to the state government and federal gov that the venue will be used.

"Here is an artist rendition of the use St George Illawarra WON'T be putting the ground to"

dumb arses

OKIJubileeGrandstandExtension2.jpg

Lookng good, very good.

From p18 of the December 2006 (Issue 18 ) Red V Member Magazine.

Kogarah5.jpg

Kogarah4.jpg

Those models make the stand look HUGE. To think the capacity of Kogarah a couple of years ago was just 17k!

Would have been nice if a similarly constructed stand could of been built at the Jubilee Ave and English St ends. The more roof you've got, the more enclosed, the better the atmosphere. But that would have cost a fair bit extra.

Looking fan-f**king-tastic as is.

The Preacher

First Grade
Father Ted said:
Lets hope there's no cancer cells in the new concrete .

The grandstand has beaten cancer once Rev.Ted, I don't think Dr.Spin would be game to give the same diagnosis again. It'd take him a few Crownies and a bad case of "Tired and Emotional" to try the same bullsh!t. :alcho:

Father Ted

First Grade
The Preacher said:
The grandstand has beaten cancer once Rev.Ted, I don't think Dr.Spin would be game to give the same diagnosis again. It'd take him a few Crownies and a bad case of "Tired and Emotional" to try the same bullsh!t. :alcho:

Since we are wearing Red shorts and red socks with our red away jumper this year I'm renaming Mr tired and emotional . Meet Captain Scarlett !!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Don't forget Stoney's Slab.
It should be near the last second of the top tier.

Latest posts