What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kogarah Oval Masterplan.

Stuart Midgley

Juniors
I'll miss the embankment-of-death at the southern end! Nothing like balancing on a perilous drop-off while simultaneously drinking beer and cheering! Character-building, that's what it is.

LOL! Got to keep the rabble apart.
She replied with horror, "you left your son alone in there!?"

That's just pathetic.

And with the JV - look, remember that it takes time to forge history. Just like we love to look back, so will our great-grandchildren. So instead of moaning about the changes that have happened, let's give them something to be proud of.

Let's make sure those who come after us talk of the amazing feats of the teams of the 2020's and 2030's. Oh, and the 2010's aren't going to badly either. ;-)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Geez Stuart. Quoting me from four years ago?

And you left out the best bits. lol

To bring closure to the tale, the lady with the clipboard is long gone. Haven't seen her since.

Goddo

Bench
On other notes, as someone who current sits on the semi-permanent (i.e. temporary) seats of the NW Terrace, they're not too bad. They were a means to an end in 2003 and they continue to serve a purpose adequately if not excellently.

We've been very lucky on the government grants front. As frustrating as it may be I don't think we can expect anything for a little while.

Thats why the work R2K has done is so important. If we kick up a fuss and make a lot of noise, governments eventually do listen. I think if we keep chipping away and bringing attention to our stadium we can draw more funding and an extension in 2013 is not out of the question.

We can't expect anything until WIN Stadium is finished, but once thats done we should be pushing for redevelopment.

What would be your opinion if Kogarah Oval looked like this:

attachment.php

I would like it even more if you extended both stands out so they would join up behind both goalposts. But for that to be possible you would have to make Jubilee Avenue a No Through road and that would probably play havoc with the traffic and I'm pretty sure some of the local residents won't be too happy but a guy can dream can't he. (If anyone here is a whiz with photopaint I would love to see how it would look)

I like your way of thinking, but like the hill better. I prefer to watch my footy on my feet, not many places you can do that these days. Nice artwork tho mate!

Acka

Coach
I like your way of thinking, but like the hill better. I prefer to watch my footy on my feet, not many places you can do that these days. Nice artwork tho mate!

I really can't take credit for this one. I copied and pasted it from another thread beacuse I really liked how the ground looked in the ammended photo.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
I still need closure regarding the removal of the bubbler. I would have erected that thing in my backyard, given the chance.

Big Norm

I really can't take credit for this one. I copied and pasted it from another thread beacuse I really liked how the ground looked in the ammended photo.

ha no prob. could also a yabba-like statue of the Skull poking over the top of the stand to the top right - his old spot, stood a-high ten stacked milkcrates and yelling obscenities galore.

I actually see him regularly at town hall station in the mornings, dishing out magazines.

Latest posts