What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kogarah, Wollongong in turf war over Dragons final

Where do YOU want the first home final to be?

• Kogarah

Votes: 79 76.7%
  • Wollongong

Votes: 24 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheRev

First Grade
depends who we are playing. if its a team from out of Sydney then Kogerah. if a Sydney based team then WIN. try and keep as much advantage as possible

Yeah I like that view, though we can never plan for it in advance, so I think alternating year 2 year is probably the fairest strategy.

TheRev

First Grade
Not backed by facts. When Homebush was the home ground in 07, we had some very low crowd figures. 6,000 at one match - fans voted with their feet. Most of us simply hate the place.

It's a sometimes held belief that Sydney is one town, one community. It is not. Kogarah has a following, just as Wollongong has.

I just meant that if we make weeks 3 or 4, Sydney fans have easier access to the grounds where the finals will be played. So its kinda nice if Woolongong fans get Week 1.

Of course there is no guarantee of making Weeks 3 or 4 anyway, and your very right that most people would much prefer a visit to Kogarah >> Homebush.

The Preacher

First Grade
Weird how everyone who was a critic of Doust has gone quiet.
That being said, he really has pulled his head in this year.
There has only been the T-Shirt planning that he's made headlines over, and even then, it was a media blow-out that really made anyone care.

Kudos Doust!

The only reason that has happened is because Mr. Creeping is running the show IMHO. I realise it wasn't Mr. Tired and Emotional :alcho: that was responsible for the T-shirt saga, it was the marketing dept, but it's been fantastic not having him in the press making a complete dill of himself as he has soooo many times, a real change to how we're perceived by the media.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I just meant that if we make weeks 3 or 4, Sydney fans have easier access to the grounds where the finals will be played. So its kinda nice if Woolongong fans get Week 1.

Of course there is no guarantee of making Weeks 3 or 4 anyway, and your very right that most people would much prefer a visit to Kogarah >> Homebush.
Yep, and Kogarah is special. And Saints fans are spread far and wide.

Really, it's not far from Wollongong. Certainly closer than Homebush.

STG-MACCA

Bench
Should have put an option for I don't care.

Really, I don't! I just wanna win the bloody comp. Like I have said previously, I want the team to play this game where ever they feel confident and if it's Wollongong then so be it - I'll be there.

If the club give some stupid comment about other factors I will be annoyed as I just want them to come out and say Bennett and the boys have made the decision to play it at ___________ and that is where we feel we have the best chance to move through to week 3!

brendothejet

First Grade
Take it from a source inside the sports broadcasting world, the semi final is at Kogarah oval.

I guarantee.

If we lose we will play at win, but if we win Telstra.

big pat

Coach
doen't really matter one way or another, but all the effort thats gone into kogarah you would think it would be first choice.

Take it from a source inside the sports broadcasting world, the semi final is at Kogarah oval.

I guarantee.

If we lose we will play at win, but if we win Telstra.

If your source told you the last sentence he has zero credibility.

If we lose Week 1 we do not get a home final in week 2 under the current system.

We'll play either the 3rd or 4th highest winner in their home city if we lose.

big pat

Coach
the source should have said anz not telstra, nit picking i know, couldn't really give a toss which ground its played on, its not like the gong is 100s of miles away,or kilometre's.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
just hurry up and announce dousty!!

i want to do a road trip!!!!!

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
The field of dreams.

Kogarah Jubilee Oval

Also even goodluck for non season ticket holders getting tickets lol

brendothejet

First Grade
If your source told you the last sentence he has zero credibility.

If we lose Week 1 we do not get a home final in week 2 under the current system.

We'll play either the 3rd or 4th highest winner in their home city if we lose.

No the second sentence was me not thinking it through properly.

The source however is spot on about the first part.

The Nick

Bench
After attending Friday's match against the Broncos, I have absolutely no doubt the semi should be held at Kogorah. It basically comes down to two choices:

1) Play in front of a massive crowd of passionate Dragons supporters, a sea of Red & White around the ground, or;

2) Play in front of a bunch of drunken booners who are more interested in the bad cleavage on display from underage girls drunk off the cruisers they snuck into the ground.

I'm sorry if this causes any offence, I'm not biased (I live in Canberra) and regularly attend games at both our home grounds and my opinion is that WIN Stadium crowds generally suck, and kogarah is far superior when it comes to match day atmosphere.

Latest posts