What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOTW - round 14

KOTW

• Thaiday

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Hall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tighe

• Carmont

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Quinn

• Mullen

• Campbell

• Smith

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Quigley

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Woolnough

• Tanner

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Newton

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Lowrie

• Tolar

• Mueller

• Hancock

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Worth

• Total voters

Misanthrope

Staff member
To be fair to Carmont, he made twenty four tackles and only missed five. That's more than anyone else in our backline did (in both made and missed).

Jono078

Referee
I never saw him miss a tackle...

I only saw upto 38-0 so he must of been pretty bad after that :lol:.

Doctor

Bench
I struggled to find a player who put in a great game. Instead, I've picked a player who tried his guts out, and came up with some good tackles. Quigley is fast showing that a bit of pride in the jumper, and some fitness, can go a long way towards competing with the big boys of first grade. He's not a superstar, but he gets my vote for his tenacity.

Other players who were great in patches, but ordinary in other patches: Thaiday (what a mixed bag, sensation with the ball, a nightmare at times without), Craig Smith, Newton, Jarod Mullen (his kicking game was tremendous at times), and Reegan Tanner (I'm not a fan, but he had some moments of applause-worthy form, and a stack of poor patches).

The final wrap is to Dan Tolar -- he's really finding some form, which is tremendous. He'll slip under a few people's radars because he's not the flashiest player around. But he's trying hard, doing the simple things, making tackles and hitting the ball up hard. I like the look of his form -- if only blokes like Mueller, Tanner, Worth, Hancock, Lowrie and others could perform so consistently.

Doctor

Bench
chriswalkerbush said:
To be fair to Carmont, he made twenty four tackles and only missed five. That's more than anyone else in our backline did (in both made and missed).

What it suggests is that he's trying hard to prove to people he's not an easy-beat in defence, but still not coming up with results. He involved himself well last night, credit to him. But he's just not good enough for first grade, and Parramatta knew it -- why else did they run so much at Carmont's flank?

He made more tackles and missed more tackles than everyone else in the backline because Parramatta targetted him and tested his defence out all night. It's a reflection of how the opposition players view him.

Jono078

Referee
On the plus side of things... Imagine how good we would be if we spend $500,000 minimum on Conditioning staff etc, look how much better it has made BK.

And if we can have an off season like Warriors with solid recruitments I have no doubt we will be a top 7 team.

macavity

Referee
Newton and Smith were the only two that really did much. both had a few handling errors, but come on, they do play for the Knights...

I go with Newto.

macavity

Referee
5 votes for Carmont.....

can the Eels fans please not vote, it is distorting a valid poll.

Misanthrope

Staff member
He made more tackles and missed more tackles than everyone else in the backline because Parramatta targetted him and tested his defence out all night. It's a reflection of how the opposition players view him.

I know that. I was at the game, watching them do it.

brandell

Juniors
Carmont was not the reason you guys lost, infact he barely had anything to do with the game in the first half.

After the first half I phased out but wasn't it already 20-0? Carmont wasn't to blame for any of that.

Stranger

Coach
Indeed.... put parramatta fans voted...

Othere wise people are being stupid and picking favourites.

Latest posts