What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOTW - Round 14

Misanthrope

Staff member
A bit of a scrappy finish, but I thought it was a good performance otherwise.

3 - Buderus. Inspirational. Pure class. NSW can have Farah for his creativity, I'll take Buderus for his heart and leadership.
2 - Simpson. Backed up from Origin to be everywhere
1 - Walsh. I thought he chipped in with some nice kicks, and showed great composure under pressure.

roopy

Referee
3 - Bedsy
2 - Doogs - easily his best game for the season
1 - Pato - better each week -

If no one adds the points up this week i'll do it later in the week.

It should be getting interesting now - Bedsy and Pato would be fast gaining on Kidley i reckon.

Johns Magic

Referee
2 - Danny Buderus
2 - Steve Simpson
1 - Cory Paterson
1 - Luke Walsh

Walsh would've got more if he could bloody tackle. It's very worrying.

roopy

Referee
Johns Magic said:
Walsh would've got more if he could bloody tackle. It's very worrying.

He slows them down - and the other players realise he won't stop guys.

I think it is not as big a problem as the stats indicate.

Johns Magic

Referee
roopy said:
He slows them down - and the other players realise he won't stop guys.

I think it is not as big a problem as the stats indicate.

No offence roopy, but we can't have been watching the same Luke Walsh. It was as if he wasn't even there sometimes today when guys ran over him.

I'd be satisfied if he at least put his shoulder in, but it's all about shirt-grabbing with Walsh from what I've seen.

I haven't even looked at the stats yet by the way, but I'd guess he missed at least five tackles.

roopy

Referee
Johns Magic said:
No offence roopy, but we can't have been watching the same Luke Walsh. It was as if he wasn't even there sometimes today when guys ran over him.

I'd be satisfied if he at least put his shoulder in, but it's all about shirt-grabbing with Walsh from what I've seen.

I haven't even looked at the stats yet by the way, but I'd guess he missed at least five tackles.
8 apparently

Jono078

Referee
2 - Buderus
1 - Simpson
1 - Paterson
1 - McManus
1 - MacDougall

Thought Young and Tanner were good, both with good workload, and Young hitting hard.

Bailey had an instant impact off the bench, Tolar and Sargent were solid. Good overall team performance, little dissapointed in the halves though, Walsh didnt want to tackle anything in that last 10, bit of a concern really.

keeney

First Grade
2. Buderus
1. Simpson
1. Mullen
1. Doogs
1. Mcmanus

Special mentions to Bailey (We need to sign him up), Kidley (after the first couple minutes), Patto (looked far more effective in his running today) and Walsh (a coulpe nice kicks, and a nice option kicking game)

Stuzmeister

Juniors
roopy said:
If no one adds the points up this week i'll do it later in the week.

It should be getting interesting now - Bedsy and Pato would be fast gaining on Kidley i reckon.
I'll do it tomorrow Roopy. I've still been tallying them so ill put up a progress score sheet tomorrow night. To give everyone a bit of time after tonights win.
2. Bedsy
2. Simmo
1. Bailey (I agree Dave, one of the best solo efforts ive seen in a long time, pure strength)
1. Doogs

Apey

Staff member
Hm, I must be the only one who thought Mullen had a good game :lol:

3 - Danny Buderus
2 - Steve Simpson
1 - Jarrod Mullen

Patterson + Walsh in contention :)

Jobdog

Live Update Team
2. Danny Buderus
1. Adam MacDougall
1. Chris Bailey
1. Luke Walsh
1. Mitchell Sargent

Doctor

Bench
3. Buderus -- couldn't fault him, if only for his effort. Another stella performance.
2. Simpson -- a strong effort, running them ragged down on the flank where he made some good gains. Then backed it up with some hard hits in defence.
1. Walsh -- there's a few things he'll be working on, but overall it was a fine effort from the youngster. In saying that, Mullen is unfortunate to miss out. I thought they both did very well, and there's a lot of potential there.

Doctor

Bench
I asked this twice last week and don't remember getting a reply: Is there a running scoresheet for this competition?

I hope someone is reading this, because I have to wonder sometimes if people just make their contributions and leave. Anyone?