What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Krispy Kreme Donuts: Nothing Special

ucantseeme

Juniors
That's my verdict. I find it strange that people would be lined up around the corner just to buy some donuts. My parents bought 2 dozen assorted donuts and i thought they were okay. Nothing special, basically exactly the same as Donut King or DCM or the local Milk Bar, which makes it even stranger that people would wait in a line for 30 minutes when there is a Donut King around the corner (as is the case for the Sydney CBD shop at Wynyard that I walk passed every day to work, its packed all day).

The ones my parents got were $21.90 so that is about 92c per donut which is kinda reasonable for 24.

I am writing this to let people who are curious, like I was, about whether they hype surrounding this "new" donut was to be believed. Let me tell you it's not, Krispy Kreme donuts are the same as every other donut you've ever had.

Godz Illa

Coach
I scoff at you cynic non-believers. Krispy Kremes are manna from heaven fo sho. Or hell. Either way, the donuts are very tasty.

Agent Mulder

Bench
ucantseeme said:
That's my verdict. I find it strange that people would be lined up around the corner just to buy some donuts. My parents bought 2 dozen assorted donuts and i thought they were okay. Nothing special, basically exactly the same as Donut King or DCM or the local Milk Bar, which makes it even stranger that people would wait in a line for 30 minutes when there is a Donut King around the corner (as is the case for the Sydney CBD shop at Wynyard that I walk passed every day to work, its packed all day).

The ones my parents got were $21.90 so that is about 92c per donut which is kinda reasonable for 24.

I am writing this to let people who are curious, like I was, about whether they hype surrounding this "new" donut was to be believed. Let me tell you it's not, Krispy Kreme donuts are the same as every other donut you've ever had.

Dude! :D
I went yesterday after work with the partner,We went to the one at Wynyard as well and i thought the extact same thing as you do,i paid like 7.95 for a coffee and two dounts and i thought i can get the same at Dount King!

I have no idea why people talk this place up so much,that was the 2nd time i tried it,the 1st a co-worker brought one in for me a few months back at work and even then i thought they were average and i could get the same from DK anyway.

Its quite funny i was thinking of making a thread on Krispy Kreme's yesterday as well,Im glad you beat me to it and feel the same as i do as i thought i was the only one!

Cheers.

Connections

Juniors
bull shit krispy kream donuts are the bomb they mealt in your mouth their hevalicious ... Dcm donuts taste like sponge in your mouth....

t-ba

Post Whore
The Store has been open for 3 weeks now. It's a joke that people are still queuing up for it. I can't believe I queued up for some. Nothing exceptionally special. better than a DK donut, but I'm not going to invest 30 minutes into a marginally better donut.

ucantseeme

Juniors
Krispy Kreme and Donut KIng are basically the same, if there is a difference then it is probably KK having more sugar in them IMO.

If you need a donut just go to Donut KIng, no queues there!

Maybe that's why so few people attended the Souths v Storm game yesterday. Souths supporters were lining up for donuts.

Poida_Raider

Bench
havent had it.. i cant imagine that it'd much more that just its name.. it'd have to be super special to be that much better than anything else around.

i'll see.

Latest posts