What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kurt Gidley to Remain a Knight

Alex28

Coach
Probably the best thing is that Andrew Johns isn't coaching the club in the next few years - Brian Smith is with his own ideas. We'll see whether Kurt is a "half of the future"...

Doctor

Bench
cram said:
I dont think you can pay too much attention to a media release, designed to sing the happy song of resigning our old mate Kidley. The question that really needs to be answered is where does Smith see Kidley fitting in??

Smith is now running, allbeit in a defacto capacity, this rudderless, no he is not coming back (LOL), ship lets see whether he can stop it from running aground with some astute buying, mentoring and coaching.

LOL :lol:

Aww, poor Duds -- I gave him a lot of crap... :-k

aqua_duck

Coach
I'd even argue RUdder was a more accomplished 5/8th than kurt. Kurt has as much creativity as perry has fitness, kicking game is terrible but he could be a good utility in the chris flannery mold, I'd certainly hope so

ArturiusX

Juniors
Kurts been playing well at fullback considering its not his regular position.

At 5"8... once his name started getting recongised, and teams have ganged up on him, he hasn't done much. Give him time, he seems determined.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
aqua_duck said:
I'd even argue RUdder was a more accomplished 5/8th than kurt. Kurt has as much creativity as perry has fitness, kicking game is terrible but he could be a good utility in the chris flannery mold, I'd certainly hope so

Can't agree there.

Don't forget hagan never drops players ever. The only player I can remember him dropping is rudder. That is how sh!t he was. No kicking game, shocking tackling technique, no kick chase, 3 hospital passes every game. Kurts going poorly, but never that poorly.

macavity

Referee
we better not lose walsh due to this.

if there is a man with the potential to (at least partially) fill joeys size 10s, it is him.

northey

First Grade
I dont think you can pay too much attention to a media release, designed to sing the happy song of resigning our old mate Kidley. The question that really needs to be answered is where does Smith see Kidley fitting in??

Exactly. at uni we were taught that in press releases you have to make everything sound great. and just by asking johns what he thinks of kurt was a great thing to include in the press release. johns isn't going to say something bad about kurt... good PR work.

maybe they have got some pointers from our new marketing person.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
northey said:
Exactly. at uni we were taught that in press releases you have to make everything sound great. and just by asking johns what he thinks of kurt was a great thing to include in the press release. johns isn't going to say something bad about kurt... good PR work.

maybe they have got some pointers from our new marketing person.

That's a good point. Johns is always going to tell the media that he wants him there. I wouldn't look to far into it.

aqua_duck

Coach
Bring it home Knights said:
Can't agree there.

Don't forget hagan never drops players ever. The only player I can remember him dropping is rudder. That is how sh!t he was. No kicking game, shocking tackling technique, no kick chase, 3 hospital passes every game. Kurts going poorly, but never that poorly.
I'm not saying Rudder is a more talented player than kurt but rudder knew his limitations, kurt doesn't. Plus rudder will still go down as a premiership winning 5/8th

Jayell

Juniors
Joey would never say anything negative about kurt due to the fact that they're good mates. Thats why he said he doesn't wants to coach straight after he retires.