What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kyle Flanagan

Dragon David

First Grade
How goes the coaches son? Better than how he went at Dogs and Easts I hope?
As far as I am concerned Kyle is doing quite well in combination with Ben Hunt in the halves. To me Kyle is playing better under his Dad than he did under the coaches at the Dogs (who treated him like a nobody) and the Roosters (did ok with them but they had Walker lined up). His attack and defence so far with us has been solid.

I'm looking forward to the match on Anzac Day when he will be marking Sam Walker - this could be the highlight of the game.

I think the Roosters got it wrong when they terminated KF’s contract, and the Bulldogs didn’t know how to put the best structures in to utilise Kyle’s strengths.

In combination with a running half (Hunt) these two will eventually prove to be one of the most lethal half combinations in the competition.

Just need a little more faith from Hunt, but he’s getting there (I think)

Dragon David

First Grade
Metcalfe would be a great solution post hunt… could he be homesick please
Yes, would love it if Metcalfe was able to come the Dragons and partner Kyle Flanno. Metcalfe's deal with the Warriors is to the end of 2026, so if Hunt stays with us until then and retires, Metcalfe could be someone for the Dragons to think about getting to join the club from 2027.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I can’t see the combo changing for a while

maybe even into 2026/27

last week could have easily been 3 more tries we scored - 2 at least via Kyle

the management of the ruck and forwards by Kyle the extra time Hunt now has for attacking kick is so much better than last year.

Kyle now swapping sides in attack with Hunt when the opportunities and or set plays are presenting really started to evolve last week

they look really well complimented and in control

plus they are tough to exposé defensively

Last edited:

Latest posts