Lachlan Maranta joins the Dragons in 2019

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by getsmarty, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 Bench

I was thinking more along the lines of....

upload_2019-6-18_17-39-13.jpeg

2. 2218

2218 Juniors

St George put on a dinner with customers and players on Thursday night and from all involved it appears there is no concern from bank representatives in relation to future sponsorship from off field dramas or performances. A great night and a great opportunity to mix with the players and staff.
    eorge put on a

3. since77

since77 Juniors

That’s a sad, but very very good point.

Coffs dragon likes this.
  4. merahputih

merahputih Juniors

I think we have to look at a broader vision than one loss. Continuous underperforming over five seasons under the same coach and coaching staff surely must plant a seed of doubt in a sponsor's mind about the value of keeping the status quo . As for Telstra, they are a mega corporation whose name is firmly attached to the NRL brand and cannot distance themselves from the damage to the game's image caused by the recent scandals and wanted action taken.

5. merahputih

merahputih Juniors

Reported today that Bulldogs are preparing an offer to Latrell Mitchell worth up to $11M over 10 years when he comes off contract at the end of next year. Other clubs are also circling. He seems to have a few issues ATM but is a gun when in form. I guess we can dream?

6. possm

possm Coach

Even though I'm a full member of St George Leagues Club, I believe your suggestion to stop visiting this club would be a help as well. However, I doubt the St George delegates on the SGI Board would care at all as it is not their financial interests that are being effected. People like Craig Young and Peter Doust would be paid the same no matter what.

7. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee