What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lachlan Timm.

Hey WCD how are you?. I think I read early you feeling bit crook ATM so keep you chin high as best you can. Bit hard ATM being a Dragons supporter but Latimore does not look like you so you are right he is no real clown...just acts like one!..LOL
Thanks for the kind words of support mate yeah I’m plugging away cancer free just a shoulder recon which is how I found the cancer trying to sort the shoulder now that’s sorted I’m now dealing with the shoulder finally my quality of life up till now was pretty ordinary one hurdle after another but not long now mate but after all that mate thanks for the kind words lol go the saints ........NEXT YEAR!! Lol have a good day mate

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Thanks for the kind words of support mate yeah I’m plugging away cancer free just a shoulder recon which is how I found the cancer trying to sort the shoulder now that’s sorted I’m now dealing with the shoulder finally my quality of life up till now was pretty ordinary one hurdle after another but not long now mate but after all that mate thanks for the kind words lol go the saints ........NEXT YEAR!! Lol have a good day mate

Good to hear that you're on the mend WCD- the big health problem we all have with SGI is depression- I'm hearing rumours linking the chooks with Jessie Ramien when they already have two of the best young centres in the game. And we have ....you know who and what's his face.

I'm thinking that we may need Hong Kong style riots outside the St George and Illawarra Leagues Clubs to spark the Board into action on the coach and effective list management- perhaps a mass burning of 2019 memberships?

Good to hear that you're on the mend WCD- the big health problem we all have with SGI is depression- I'm hearing rumours linking the chooks with Jessie Ramien when they already have two of the best young centres in the game. And we have ....you know who and what's his face.

I'm thinking that we may need Hong Kong style riots outside the St George and Illawarra Leagues Clubs to spark the Board into action on the coach and effective list management- perhaps a mass burning of 2019 memberships?
Thanks for the kind words and couldn’t agree with you more

Gareth67

First Grade
Agree wholeheartedly that Timms should be promoted - along with every other junior that has shown promise . Get rid of Atkins and Lafai and the forwards whom just are not putting in .

Of course I realize that the Dragons as all teams (?) are restricted by the salary cap and that is about the only excuse that can be offered if the up and comers are not given their chance in the top grade when the team has no chance of playing semifinal football .

Speaking of which ( the restrictions placed upon the number of lower grade players that can play 1st grade without any penalty) would have to be one of the most backward steps ever taken by the NRL . What good are they if they can only play a limited number of games in the top grade before financial penalties are incurred ?

Last edited:

BBTB

Juniors
Timms is a nice young kid as well.
Why he hasn't played any NRL this season, is beyond most followers of League. Mcroadblock at his best.
He joins a list of promising youngsters leaving at the end of year Robbo, Masters, field etc .
Makes you wonder.
Everyone else is getting thrown under the bus but Mary never get the bullet.
HPU and assistant but not the real problem.
Based on the Timm selection alone, McGregor should be sacked.
It would be different if we were in the finals and in top form but we aren't.
Won't pick Timm because Latimore is more experienced?
Yesterday Latimore was ineffectual - zero impact on the game.
If we lose this young gun, there will be no excuse.
latimore is a f**kn log, and must be booted out, immediately. Why do we owe him anything.
We sacked him once already.

Wittenberg

Juniors
I like Vaughn but lawrie could do with a week off but with the way sir James is going he might end up retiring soon he’s looking totally busted
Yep he is. It’s hard to give your all when you have none left. Lawrie has been a disappointment in many ways, has only one pace and poor lateral movement. Timm may be better, he may not be, but we will never know and that is the stupidity of it all.

Wittenberg

Juniors
I hope Timm gets an extension; he is ready for first grade. I also hope Ford is given a chance to play first grade for the rest of the season. So from next week on I'd like to see:

• Timm for Latimore
  • Ford for Lafai
  • Ravalawa for Aitken
  • Pearson to left wing
I doubt you will see what you hope for. Timm for Latimore? Only if Mary bows to the story about Timm. My bet is that there will be no changes except to cover Lomax in the 17. If Ford or Timm we’re going to get a run they would have got it by now and Mary has to beat the Titans so I can’t see him taking any “risks”. For god sake they have played a damaged Sims for weeks with a injured groin that has required injections before and during games resulting in him being well below his usual standard. You would have thought they might have given him a week off rather than Hunt. Sorry I forgot, until last week’s result we were on the way to the finals. No Ford, no Timm and no Rava to centre, that risk would be too big to take for Mary. FMD

Wittenberg

Juniors
Yes but he is very quick, has a good passing game and defends very well. He could be the answer to us having the fourth forward on the bench who can also play centre.

Pearson had a bad game and was dropped to reserve grade. It looks like Lomax will be out so Pearson for Lomax on the left wing. Sailor is still too small for the left wing.
And centre

Wittenberg

Juniors
Timm reminds me of Craig Young. Ford should be promoted immediately along with Timm. The whole backline has trouble with lateral movement and they should select a team that can win as many of the remaining games as possible.
Rumours are that the following 10 players are leaving:-
Allgood
De Belin
Graham
Host
Latimore
Leilua
Masters
Robson
Timm
Widdop
What a mess!
Allgood did his job but no loss really. JDB is apparently now negative towards the club. If that is true, and that’s only a rumour, see ya Jack. Graham sadly can’t keep going on old legs and he has been flogged by Mary this year. Host has had his chances but I would have thought he would remain on the fringe of any NRL team’s 17. Latts retirement. Leila leaving would be sheer madness and would be a real blow to our future. He can be frustrating but he will be a good ‘un. Masters is overrated. Robson had everyone excited, including me, but he did not set the world on fire. Perhaps he will at the Cowboys but I was underwhelmed with him. Timm may be a real loss. Who knows? That’s the tragedy of it. In saying that we got him from the Storm and Bellamy normally doesn’t let quality go. Widdop UK. Thanks for the effort over the years Gareth.
To me Leilua and Timm out of that list are keepers. If either of these two go, especially Luc, I’ll, I’ll, I’ll .......continue to be a Saints supporter DESPITE the consistent effort of our coach and our CEO to ruin this Club, our Club, not their Club, our Club. Gee I’ve got the shits.

Wittenberg

Juniors
latimore is a f**kn log, and must be booted out, immediately. Why do we owe him anything.
We sacked him once already.
The only thing I would say to this is that Latts plays to his ability, no more no less. He cannot be blamed for being picked. He gives his all, such as it is, we would do a lot better if our marquee players put in his effort. He plays to his level of ability, they don’t. Johnston and Mary should be our targets not Latts. If anyone is a log it is Johnston. He keeps Mary, he keeps the old boys club, he is part of the old boys club. He fails to get our tpas and he would have overall control over the purse strings, retention and recruitment. He is the log. The ‘Oust Doust’ period now looks like the good old days.

My wife went to the doctors today came home smug I asked her how it went she said ‘the doctor complimented me said I looked young for my age and had the breasts of a 21 year old” I said ‘what did he say about your 45 year old arse’? Oh he never mentioned you!!!:unamused:

qld redvee

Juniors
Timm reminds me of Craig Young. Ford should be promoted immediately along with Timm. The whole backline has trouble with lateral movement and they should select a team that can win as many of the remaining games as possible.
Rumours are that the following 10 players are leaving:-
Allgood
De Belin
Graham
Host
Latimore
Leilua
Masters
Robson
Timm
Widdop
What a mess!
Revival
would you add Maranta and Nichols to that list you wouldnt really expect to resign these 2
So that gives us a conservative 12 out of 30 that we need to replace - bring up the juniors

BLM01

First Grade
Allgood did his job but no loss really. JDB is apparently now negative towards the club. If that is true, and that’s only a rumour, see ya Jack. Graham sadly can’t keep going on old legs and he has been flogged by Mary this year. Host has had his chances but I would have thought he would remain on the fringe of any NRL team’s 17. Latts retirement. Leila leaving would be sheer madness and would be a real blow to our future. He can be frustrating but he will be a good ‘un. Masters is overrated. Robson had everyone excited, including me, but he did not set the world on fire. Perhaps he will at the Cowboys but I was underwhelmed with him. Timm may be a real loss. Who knows? That’s the tragedy of it. In saying that we got him from the Storm and Bellamy normally doesn’t let quality go. Widdop UK. Thanks for the effort over the years Gareth.
To me Leilua and Timm out of that list are keepers. If either of these two go, especially Luc, I’ll, I’ll, I’ll .......continue to be a Saints supporter DESPITE the consistent effort of our coach and our CEO to ruin this Club, our Club, not their Club, our Club. Gee I’ve got the shits.
Dont be too sure we are losing Leilua. I have heard today otherwise as with Kerr
Timm is a mystery. maybe he has reached his potential and thats it and everyone in the know must see that you would hope.
The rest well you could probably add more but where in the hell are they going to get replacements from especially JDB which I believe is just getting ousted for 2020 which is smart play by the Dragons as get his full cap relief whilst still paying him. I think he will remain for 2021... if still allowed outdoors

nontime111

Juniors
imagine a pack like this

JDB
Frizz
Tariq
Vaughn
Mcinnis
Graham

bench

Luch, Ford, Timm, Kerr

the drop off in intensity and go forward wouldnt stop like it did when pothole Latts came on and our momentum ENDED! Timm, even now is 4 times Latts so is Kerr ( about 3 times) also

it showed how much we missed Jack I hope hes innocent!

Luchs go forward is immense these days he can be used as a metre eater mungrel prop as much as a Artie style ball playing forward....imagine the grunt and go forward of Kerr, Timm, Vaughny, Frizz, Tariq!!
with Ford and Luch ballplaying forwards offloading putting the little guys through gaps thats why we NEED to keep this bunch! they play well together.its a chemistry you need to nurture in league these combos.... and we have JUST the little men to bob up around our ballplaying giants now, perfect ones in Sailor, Field, Dufty, Ravi, Saab, Lomax anyone could mould a GREAT team with our cattle right now....its just that half of the bottom 30 are better then the top...

Last edited:

hewi

Bench
It doesn’t matter what anyone thinks of Timm until he has had a go in the top grade, many players lift when given the opportunity, what’s to lose by giving him a game instead of Latimore. Like it’s not as if we are playing for a spot in the finals.