What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ladder for 06

Hurriflatch

Referee
Bit too damn early the teams haven't even been finalised yet?

Top 4: Eels, Tigers, Dragons and Knights
Top 8 (from): Storm, Cowboys, Manly, Roosters, Bulldogs and Broncos
Wooden Spoon: Panthers

greenos

Juniors
I find it easier to do this
Eels - I think they will fall slightly
Dragons - They will stay somewhere around here on the ladder
Broncos - 5-8th
Tigers - They will stay around here
Cowboys - I can see a little fall happening
Storms - A big fall
Sharks - Loosing players so they will be outside the 8
Manly - Getting a couple of signings. Would be pushing for a top 4 spot
Roosters - They will improve. Somewhere around 5-8th
Penrith - They will stay around this place
Warriors - No Stacey Jones, they will contend for the spoon
Bulldogs - Injuries won't hurt them as much s they will push for a top 8 spot or might be just outside
Rabbitohs - They will be just outside the 8
Raiders - In 06 they will still be cellar dwellars unless Smith can play in all their games
Knights - Big improvers, pushing for a top 4 spot

weasel

First Grade
1. Dragons- Pick up from where they left off in 2005, with the same allstar roster.
2. Tigers- Outstanding young talent will continue to improve, excellent key signings.
3. Cowboys- Solid forward pack, dynamic backs, didn't have the mental toughness this year to cope with heavy rep commitments and faded towards the end but will be stronger for it next year.
4. Roosters- Big call but I think Anasta and Harrison can revitalise the side, and they still have many experienced rep players.
5. Eels- Will still be a great side and potential top four finisher, but don't know if they have as much improvement in them as other teams, although if they win the comp three weeks from now, I'd move them up into the four in my predictions.
6. Broncos- I'm fifty/fifty about this. Part of me wants them in the four. But I wonder how many years can a side keep collapsing so badly before it effects them mentally? Five years (most likely) of failing at the last has to take its toll, but with a side chocked full of rep players I just don't have the guts to leave them out of the eight.
7. Bulldogs- Might struggle in the halves which is why I don't have them higher, but if the injury woes leave them be, should still make the eight.
8. Knights- Tbh, even with the mastery of Johns leading their revival I still don't think their side next year shapes up that well. But I'm not willing to underestimate them after his showings this year so I've found a spot for them in the eight.
9. Melbourne- Can Cronk fill the shoes of Orford? Will their forward pack be able to match it with the big guns of the league? Still have some guns in the backs but I think next year will be a rebuilding one, but they'll bounce back quickly.
10. Manly- Suprisingly, with the additions of Orford and Bell I'll think they'll drop off next year. They need more than just the players they've bought to turn the club around, they'll still have one of the weakest sides on paper, imo. Their depth isn't great either. I think many of the strong clubs who started so poorly this year will be primed and improved for next season so Manly won't have the same opportunity to get a headstart on sides like they did this year.
11. Souths- Slowly but surely they're dragging themselves up the ladder, but the loss of Harrison and failure to make any decent signings will check their progress. Must keep focusing on developing their young guns.
12. Panthers- Only team I feel no confidence about predicting. Have lost a few players, and people from all quarters seem to be predicting them as the real strugglers for 2006, but they finished this season in great form and their stars during this period will be back next year. Could finish anywhere.
13. Warriors- Lost their inspirational half, let go a host of deadwood players (and a few they should have kept), but don't really have any apparent replacements coming through that I can see leading them to the eight.
14. Raiders- should be better off with injuries, but I don't really rate their full-strength side anyway.
15. Sharks- My tip for spooners. Have lost some club stalwarts and I can't say I'm impressed with their new signings, plus a club that stakes its hopes in the likes of Simmons is a club going backwards.

Carlito

Juniors
1. Dragons
2. Broncos
3. Eels
4. Roosters
5. Tigers
6. Knights
7. Cowboys
8. Bulldogs

9. Panthers
10. Storm
11. Sharks
12. Manly
13. Raiders
14. Warriors
15. Souths

Phillips

Referee
1. Eels
2. Dragons
3. Tigers
4. Cowboys
5. Broncos
6. Warriors
7. Sea Eagles
8. Knights

9. Storm
10. Rabbitohs
11. Roosters
12. Raiders
13. Bulldogs
14. Panthers
15. Sharks

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Tamazoid said:
1. Nth Qld
2. Wests
3. Melbourne
4. Parramatta
5. Cronulla
6. Easts
7. Souths
8. Brisbane
9. Newcastle
10. Illawarra
11. Penrith
12. Canberra
13. Warriors
14. Manly
15. Bulldogs

If that happens I will eat my hat, sh*t it out, and then eat the sh*t in front of everyone at Telstra Stadium.

Misanthrope

Staff member
1. Dragons
2. Eels
3. Tigers
4. Broncos
5. Roosters
6. Knights
7. Cowboys
8. Sharks

9. Bulldogs
10. Sea Eagles
11. Panthers
12. Rabbitohs
13. Raiders
14. Warriors
15. Storm

sublimeshark

Juniors
Ill put them into three groups for now, those i think will be top, middle and bottom roughly.

Tigers
Eels
Roosters

Middle

Bulldogs
Sharks
Dragons
Broncos
Cowboys
Sea Eagles
Panthers
Storm
Knights

Bottom

Souths
Raiders
Warriors

yobbo84

Coach
What the hell.. I'm not going to pick a ladder but:

Premiership Contenders - Eels, Dragons, Broncos, Tigers, Cowboys

Potential Finals fillers - Roosters, Knights, Panthers, Bulldogs, Sea Eagles

Also-rans: Rabbitohs, Raiders, Warriors, Storm, Sharks

Eelectrica

Referee
1. Newcastle
2. Tigers
3. Souths
4. Manly
5. Parra
6. Cowboys
7. Dragons
8. Bulldogs
9. Penrith
10. Roosters
11. Broncos
12. Storm
13. Sharks
14. Warriors
15. Raiders.

1. Tigers
2. Eels
3. Dragons
4. Manly
5. Broncos
6. Cowboys
7. Knights
8. Souths
9. Roosters
10. Storm
11. Sharks
12. Dogs
13. Panthers
14. Raiders
15. Warriors

8-13 could all swap be very close

knights04

Bench
Dragons
Eels
Broncos
Sharks
Knights
Storm
Tigers
Roosters
Cowboys
Panthers
Warriors
Rabbitohs
Bulldogs
Sea Eagles
Raiders

lockyno1

Post Whore
1. Tigers
2. Cowboys
3. Broncos
4. Dragons
5. Eels
6.Knights
7. Bulldogs
8. Panthers
9. Storm
10. Raiders
11.Warriors
12. Souths
13.Sharks
14. Manly
15. Roosters (after being found cheating the cap:lol: )

Raider_69

Post Whore
Honest opinion on the raiders for 2006.

Raiders will finish between 8th and 13th, dependent on 2 things:

1. How many games Jason Smith plays
2. How the rest of our squad hold up injury wise

If Smithy plays 16+ games and the lest of team remains relatively uninjured. The we'll sneak in the top 8, if not we could end up as low as 13th... however IMO the warriors and panthers will struggle ALOT harder then we will. Souths as well.
However if they go better then expected and we have another season like this one, a wooden spoon would not be out of the question... that i doubt thou

2006 looks to be rebuilding stage for Canberra, expect alot of debuts. Ben Jones, Ryan Hinchclift, William Zillman, Willie Raston, Trevor Thurling all to debut in FG, with Tom Learoyd-Lars, Dane Tilse, David Milne, Jermaine Ale also looking to get regular FG spots... so there'll be plenty of competition for spots. With any luck 2006 will see a few of these players show their potential and Elliot to be not be re-signed... hence 2007 looks bright :D

El Diablo

Post Whore
Eels
Dragons
Tigers
Knights
Sea Eagles
Cowboys
Roosters
Broncos

Sharks
Bulldogs
Panthers
Storm
Raiders
Warriors
Rabbitohs

sydraider

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
Honest opinion on the raiders for 2006.

Raiders will finish between 8th and 13th, dependent on 2 things:

1. How many games Jason Smith plays
2. How the rest of our squad hold up injury wise

If Smithy plays 16+ games and the lest of team remains relatively uninjured. The we'll sneak in the top 8, if not we could end up as low as 13th... however IMO the warriors and panthers will struggle ALOT harder then we will. Souths as well.
However if they go better then expected and we have another season like this one, a wooden spoon would not be out of the question... that i doubt thou

2006 looks to be rebuilding stage for Canberra, expect alot of debuts. Ben Jones, Ryan Hinchclift, William Zillman, Willie Raston, Trevor Thurling all to debut in FG, with Tom Learoyd-Lars, Dane Tilse, David Milne, Jermaine Ale also looking to get regular FG spots... so there'll be plenty of competition for spots. With any luck 2006 will see a few of these players show their potential and Elliot to be not be re-signed... hence 2007 looks bright :D

The problem is, if some of those young up and comers, do show some potential and we have an injury free year,possibly sneak into the 8, elliot will get another five year contract, due to inept managements love of mediocrity :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think Canberra have been in a 'rebuilding stage' for a good decade now unfortunately.

Latest posts