What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ladies and Gentlemen...your 2005 Grand Final is...Sold Out!

Choppies

Coach
innsaneink said:
Season ticket holders, or the clubs fans in general?

Did they allocate 3,500 to each club, Im guessing theyre sold thru the clubs. If it was ticketek, anyone could buy them, but then I guess anyone could walk into one of the clubs and buy one, if they are sold to any old fan instead of season tix holders.
Never had to worry bout this before:?

Welcome to my world of Grand Finals. Hope you enjoy your stay. The Roosters are temporarily out at the moment please make yourself at home until we get back.

Surandy

Bench
innsaneink said:
Season ticket holders, or the clubs fans in general?

Did they allocate 3,500 to each club, Im guessing theyre sold thru the clubs. If it was ticketek, anyone could buy them, but then I guess anyone could walk into one of the clubs and buy one, if they are sold to any old fan instead of season tix holders.
Never had to worry bout this before:?

There's a two day priority purchase period for the season ticket holders/members of the two teams involved in the GF. I presume tickets would be bought via ticketek and you'd have to quote your number or show your card.

If there are any tickets available following the priority period then they would be released to the general public.

ledzep

Bench
Dragon said:
Anyone know how many are released for the two GF teams' supporters?

*edit* just checked the article....7000 is a joke.
and they're all sh*t seats too
im bypassing the grand final for tri-nations this year

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
Great to see the NRL encoraging scalping by selling them so early so fans desperate to see their own team will pay anything. There is no doubt they could sell all tickets in 1 week to fans of the 2 teams that are actually playing if they waited. Instead a whole bunch of people who don't really know who to cheer for turn up or a whole bunch of people make a fortune that could go to the game for themselves on ebay. The NRL is run by people who care about one thing only.. profit. Stuff the fans!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It was a joke ozzy... ask any Parra supporter. Funniest people on the internet. ;-)

OVP

Coach
hybrid_tiger said:

Dont worry Hybrid. Once the Eels fans get over the delusion that they'll win the comp, you'll have sh!tloads of free tickets to choose from ;-):lol:

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
i cant believe it is sold out
they should hold at least 20000 tickets. i dont wanna miss the sharkies :( im not a season ticket holder either :(

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
i dont wanna miss the sharkies :( im not a season ticket holder either :(

I'm sure there are semi-final tickets still available.

Timbo

Staff member
I can't believe people are whinging.

The thing about the GF is it's all about you having faith in your team to make it, so buy your tickets while you can.

I bought mine on the second day they were available (fully expecting the Raiders would make it mind you. 4 years running I've bought tickets and the buggers have let me down) and I went for 'best available' and I'm waaaay back in the nosebleed section.

But even a grand final sans Raiders will be great just for the spectacle. Some of my mates (Roosters fans) bought tickets aswell and promptly offloaded them when the Roosters hit the skids...I dont think thats what the day is about.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I've been there every years since 98, Dogs or no Dogs. I've loved every year but now I simply can't afford it, plus the 'Dogs haven't looked like making it all that much.

It should be a cracker anyway.

Latest posts