What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lady Stories

Eelementary

Post Whore
That's true.

I'm not boasting about being a Cassanova or anything, but when I was at that stage where all I wanted were quick flings, teasing them and that worked great.

Now I want more than that. So you know, I act my true self - and it works for me.

I'm 'nice' to them, but at this stage it's what they want and it works.

For every girl who doesn't want a 'nice' guy, there is one who does.

And it depends how 'nice' one actually is.

From my experience and other people's, if you're too 'nice', you tend to turn her off you.

TooheysNew

Coach
Zaphod said:
I learnt a long time ago being nice gets you 2 things

- rejected
- under the thumb

The idea of treat em mean keep em keen works so f**king well its unbelievable. You should hear some of the sh*t I tell the women i meet and am with, I may get slapped occasionally but god damn they pay you back twice as hard in bed!
Geez you come up with some bullsh*t. I don't think 10% of anything you've said on this forum is true...

choc_soldier

Coach
Azkatro said:
I don't think you have to be an arsehole - you just have to make sure she realises, on a sub-conscious level, that you're a goer. That's what I've learned anyway. If you're keen, be her friend but push the flirt thing as well. And when you get to that point where you think you're pushing the barrier, just go a little bit further. You have to be prepared to say the kind of thing that might make her blush. Make her feel sexy and show her that you're keen. My experience has showed that's the difference.

Exactly.

Being a friend means that you know what pushes her buttons, and you flirt to those strengths.

Definitely show that you're keen, but don't make it blatantly obvious. Compliment on her looks. Crack silly jokes. Listen to her when you talk and make conversation. These things are definitely noticed, and these later on can create the foundations of a relationship.

Being a SNAG I believe is a massive turn off, though. You need to act like a man, but you don't have to act like an asshole about it. You don't need to be cocky either. But be yourself - fakes can be spotted a mile off.

Alba

Coach
Eelementary said:
I'm what you'd call 'nice'.

Pay for meals, open the doors, etc.

It's the way I was brought up.

But I have no such issues. The whole 'nice guys finish last' thing doesn't ring true with me.

I guess it's becasue you have to know how to act...I'm what you'd call 'charming'. And without sounding arrogant, the girls I've dated would tell you so too.

It's about being nice, but not to the point of 'wusiness'. For instance, I'm not adverse to teasing my girlfriend, or making fun of her. Not rudely, but as a joke.

And I also make a point of having 'me-time' and 'boys' time'. I can't be available for her 24/7, because it reeks of over-neediness, see?

So there you go - you can be 'nice' and still get the girl.

yep thats tru :)

Eelementary

Post Whore
See?

I told you I know what I'm on about lol.

But seriously, I'm nice by nature, and it works for me.

If you're not nice by nature, what's the point in trying to be nice? You'll get caught out as a poser eventually.

Me? No such issues. I was raised well.

Sorry about my life story there...

raider_ktj

Juniors
Of course a girl wants a guy who is nice, but they have to have attitude!!! The worst thing for a guy to do is to get all clingy and obsessive. I broke up with my last bf because he wanted to be around me all the time, its such a turn off when guys get all sookey like that!
Girls want a guy who is nice, but isnt always around. Same goes for guys, they want a nice girl, but who doesnt have to be attached to them all the time!
Eelementary, you do really know what your talking about!

God-King Dean

Immortal
raider_ktj said:
Of course a girl wants a guy who is nice, but they have to have attitude!!! The worst thing for a guy to do is to get all clingy and obsessive. I broke up with my last bf because he wanted to be around me all the time, its such a turn off when guys get all sookey like that!
Girls want a guy who is nice, but isnt always around. Same goes for guys, they want a nice girl, but who doesnt have to be attached to them all the time!

Your a liar. All girls want is a guy to act like they are interested so they can get in your pants.

choc_soldier

Coach
That's right raider!

I want to be someone who appreicates the fact that we have our own lives, and need space. I feel smothered when someone wants to contact me all the time.

Also someone that knows that one day (or part thereof) each weekend in the winter will be devoted to the footy. The rest of the time, they can have me! :)

The invisible leash that some ladies can have on their guys also pisses me off. I've seen it too much with my mates.

NPK

Bench
It's well known that girls are often attracted to 'bad boys', which sucks because they don't deserve it.

Azkatro

First Grade
Remember the Seinfeld episode where Elaine couldn't stop thinking about the guy that kept forgetting her name? Even though he was a total dork?

Moffo

Referee
Immortal said:
Act like a horny merkin. Girls love it.

lol good idea

thats the thing, with a couple of my female friends we have a pretty open relationship, that involves her telling me everything she does lol. so its not like i don't push the barriers, i just never feel like im getting the right vibes.

Realistically, i dont have the balls to push the issue and thats my problem. I like the description of the word ugly in this thread as well!

Eelementary

Post Whore
raider_ktj said:

Thank you kindly!

I like to think so...

Latest posts