What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lafai

Cagey Mac

Bench
lol

Repeat the mantra:
"We're always interested in quality players"

What I was referring to Grouchy was the fact that any the perception that we're after any given player has multiple effects.

We potentially increase the value of the relevant player
We may cause other players that we're interested in to make a decision and clear the air
We put pressure on our existing roster (in the relevant position) which may have both positive and negative impacts.

From what I am hearing Hiku wants Parra because of Brad Arthur and other Manly players there, Roberts is staying at Titans, Walker done deal at Manly. Bird and Lafai are the only realistic targets left

Im hearing that Lafai is coming. Done deal... From a guy I work with that's mates with all the bulldogs...

Lethal25

Juniors
I sit next to a passionate Dogs fan at work. He's more than happy for Lafai to go, reckons his defence is ordinary

Rex Terp

First Grade
That's what Dogs fans always say about players they lose.

Come to think of it, a lot of Saints fans do too.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Come on all, would you outlay big dollars for Tim Lafai, at best average centre and no better than what we have on our books already.F

TheRev

First Grade
Geez Lafai has destroyed us a few times over previous seasons, bloke can find a tryline.. though I only watch the dragons games, maybe he hasnt come on as well as they had hoped in 2015.

Problem is hes another right-side centre.. so potentially thats Dugans side (all of the blokes we were looking at are right side, Bird, Hiku, Lafai, Roberts), not to do too much dis-service to Matautai, he showed glimpses of really making the left side his own in early 2015, and im hoping his form slump was really just him carrying a leg injury for the rest of the season (his razzle dazzle footwork went missing)

bhabs

Juniors
Been told by the son of a doggies board member this morning that lafai has been released and they've signed hoppa (unsure on the announcement), would love him at the saints, we can't come out empty handed with the quality availabilities out on the market

IFR33K

Coach
Been told by the son of a doggies board member this morning that lafai has been released and they've signed hoppa (unsure on the announcement), would love him at the saints, we can't come out empty handed with the quality availabilities out on the market

Heard the same now. Hoppa signed and lafai to the dragons. If dogs announce hoppa it either means the court case with hoppa has been dismissed or eels have settled. This I believe is the only thing holding the eels back from signing hiku.

giboz71

First Grade
A Lafai/Dugan centre pairing sounds pretty good to me.

But agreed, he is not a significant upgrade on Aitken/Peter M. Still not too bad if we do miss out on Hiku/Roberts.

blacksafake

First Grade
More than happy to have him if true.He imo opinion would be a positive signing.Not sure what happend last season,maybe he was playing injured.

Besides we do need a well groomed centre to follow in Coopers shoes:D

Hoppa to sign with the Dogs as early as this afternoon thats the rumour doing the circuit.

Lafai to possibly make way and all I can do is lol at the Dogs.

Why on earth would they even consider letting lafai go to sign a over hyped turd like Hoppa anyway sounds to much like a Dragons kind of mistake.