What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lafai

Not the game I saw. Game was tied when advantage was already taken by Warriors and Lafai try to take the lead should have stood.

Warriors took advantage of the penalty rules early in the game. Will be interesting to see how it is interpreted now.
Wish I could agree with you but I remember two soft tries close to our line and the Warriors left with 12 men after Green was sent to the sin bin.
They beat us fair and square and they will be at full strength this weekend.
The main thing we have going for us is that we're playing at home.
The Warriors can collapse at any time, a bit like Canberra but if we give them any latitude they will score points.

aquiin

Juniors
Not tied sorry, but we were going to take the lead with Lafai try. Less than a quarter of the game to go. 40-20 wouldn’t have happened.

The trend was losing a player for 10mins was a bonus early in the year. It meant you were breaking the rules and breaking momentum.

Not tied sorry, but we were going to take the lead with Lafai try. Less than a quarter of the game to go. 40-20 wouldn’t have happened.

The trend was losing a player for 10mins was a bonus early in the year. It meant you were breaking the rules and breaking momentum.
OK so you think we were desperately unlucky and hard done by?

Crush

Coach
I feel for some of the guys in the firing line like Dufty, Hunt, Norman.
These guys that are in the spotlight and copping it from every angle. Deservedly so at times, don't get me wrong.
But this rant is aimed at the quietly spoken number 4 that hides out wide and picks up his paychecks for playing 1 decent game in every 6 over the past 5 years.
Tim Lafai looks slow, lethargic and disinterested. He goes missing and never goes looking for the ball. His game is full of errors and he lacks hunger.
Yes blame the coach but some players have a crack in spite of Mary, Tim Lafai just picks up paychecks.
Hes an imposter and has only had a career at Dragons because if our stupid coach.
If we start 2020 with Lafai and the even worse Aitken I'll find another shit team to support.

Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench
These guys that are in the spotlight and copping it from every angle. Deservedly so at times, don't get me wrong.
But this rant is aimed at the quietly spoken number 4 that hides out wide and picks up his paychecks for playing 1 decent game in every 6 over the past 5 years.
Tim Lafai looks slow, lethargic and disinterested. He goes missing and never goes looking for the ball. His game is full of errors and he lacks hunger.
Yes blame the coach but some players have a crack in spite of Mary, Tim Lafai just picks up paychecks.
Hes an imposter and has only had a career at Dragons because if our stupid coach.
If we start 2020 with Lafai and the even worse Aitken I'll find another shit team to support.
Our centers offer absolutely zero , zilch , nothing , as does Mary with his Dragons Footy Power Game , it over , gone ..... OK feel better Now .....

BLM01

First Grade
No you wont jump off and go to that other side...you'll suffer with the rest of us and always have that glimmer of hope, light at the end of tunnel...just in case it all changes
I wake up thankfully each day ATM eagerly awaiting for news about change and recruitment at our club...only to be let down again and again lately.
There is always somthing to hope and look forward too...tomorrow!

FlameThrower

Bench
Tinman can only play 1 good game in 6. He is lazy, goes missing and does not get in to help.
Has the cleanest jersey at end of each game.
Very disappointed as he could be a good first grader, but does not seem to give a flying fig.
But then again we have a bunch of players in same boat, not motivated, poorly coached, zero pride, but happy to collect the paycheque each week.

Over all of this....

denis preston

First Grade
Tinman can only play 1 good game in 6. He is lazy, goes missing and does not get in to help.
Very disappointed as he could be a good first grader, but does not seem to give a flying fig.
But then again we have a bunch of players in same boat, not motivated, poorly coached, zero pride, but happy to collect the paycheque each week.

Over all of this....
Has only really played well when the forwards were the most dominating pack in the comp. Almost everyone in the backline looked like superstars then.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Lafai is an enigma. It is correct we only see him stand out in a few games a season. He has put away the flick and his customary side step has almost disappeared.
In his defense, I will say our 4/5 hit ups from the forwards then kick bomb down the throat of an opposition player means he gets little sight of the ball. However, centres should go looking for it, he doesn't.
Also, his rush up defense, which he is good at, has now been identified by coaches, whose halves now delay passing and go outside him, creating the overlap.
For me, this is his last season as a regular 1st grader, like many before, CC is calling for most of 2020.
Oh, and you can add in Aitken to that as well.

possm

Coach
Yes you're right of course however, Millward hastily signed him and Aitken long term as our preferred centres even though no one was chasing their signature.

I say it is time to offload both Aitken and Lafai and for the remainder of the season put Ravalawa at 3 and yes Ford at 4. This would be good grounding for Ford who could assume a bench spot in 2020 and be able to replace a forward or centre.

I have rated Ford for a while now and believe with his speed and defensive skills, he could go better than Lafai and given the season is effectively over for 2019, this opportunity would go a long way to blood a very good prospect.

Crush

Coach

BLM01

First Grade
Yes you're right of course however, Millward hastily signed him and Aitken long term as our preferred centres even though no one was chasing their signature.

I say it is time to offload both Aitken and Lafai and for the remainder of the season put Ravalawa at 3 and yes Ford at 4. This would be good grounding for Ford who could assume a bench spot in 2020 and be able to replace a forward or centre.

I have rated Ford for a while now and believe with his speed and defensive skills, he could go better than Lafai and given the season is effectively over for 2019, this opportunity would go a long way to blood a very good prospect.
Yep Millward was the one to show haste. Not Mary wanting Ian to hastily sign them in after 2016 into 2017 whren Mary was involved in everything recruitment at that stage

BLM01

First Grade
"Lets Dragons fans know what they can look forward to in 2020"?
Has he announced his immediate retirement?
If Lafai starts next year in the number 4 Jersey we are well and truly screwed.

Cmon Crush they are going to do it in 2020 for the family and fans and were so dispappointed with this year.
What more positive outlook do you need from our club
I have heard similar lines since the 2012 review.
Time to ask some new questions.
Like how do you think your personal form was?...
Are you happy playing reserve grade if form warrants it?

Wait till we have our comedy segment when they interview Mary, Dean & Ian..
I note last year you Mary did not (or if he did it was not put to video).do one

BBTB

Juniors

Over all of this....
The laziest first grade
Center I've seen.
Drop him, if u can't unload him.

Latest posts