What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laffranchi charged over sexual assault

The Colonel

Immortal
I'd like to see the NRL or the Titans take the step and stand him down from all games until such time as the case has been heard. In his own best interests and that of the game that they do so IMO.

brooksy19

Bench
Raider_69 said:
So the wt statement was simply that they will not be making any further comments on the matter?
hardly worth the trouble was it? :lol:

egerly await Searle's statement

What could they say? It's a criminal matter.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I didnt actally think that was apart of the tigers statement, it seems odd that the tigers are making statements about a player no longer on their books, granted at the time of the incident he was, but still...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
btw, Raider_69, what else did you want the WT statement to say?
Its a responsible media release and is restrained because it is a legal mattter.

I understand some clubs resort to stirring up their supporters via emails and posting comments on internet forums.

WT are more professional than that and they seem to be doing the right thing here.

Raider_69

Post Whore
El Diablo said:

well there are no dickheads right? Mr Morality has been parading around on his high horse since the titans got the nod. Id like to hear how he is going to react to the possibility that he may have a criminal on his books. Might take him down a peg or two

Raider_69

Post Whore
Willow said:
btw, Raider_69, what else did you want the WT statement to say?
Its a responsible media release and is restrained because it is this is a legal mattter.

I understand some clubs resort to stirring up their supporters via emails and posting comments on internet forums.

WT are more professional than that and they seem to be doing the right thing here.

TBH i didnt expect the tigers to make any statements what so ever, i mean, its not really their problem now is it? Unless the NRL hit them up for fines. Which im not sure they can, given the mad monday wasnt exactly a club function and logically, if the season was over, so to is laffranchi's employment with the tigers (could be wrong on this one?), so was he really a representive of the tigers?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well as you said he was on their books at the time. They are doing the right thing in acknowledging that.

Again, WT said, Laffranchi is going to plead not guilty. Take care not to walk the thin line with presumptions to the contrary.

The Colonel

Immortal
Raider_69 said:
TBH i didnt expect the tigers to make any statements what so ever, i mean, its not really their problem now is it? Unless the NRL hit them up for fines. Which im not sure they can, given the mad monday wasnt exactly a club function and logically, if the season was over, so to is laffranchi's employment with the tigers (could be wrong on this one?), so was he really a representive of the tigers?

Most contracts cease on the 31st October of each year unless otherwise agreed upon between the player and club.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Raider_69 said:
well there are no dickheads right? Mr Morality has been parading around on his high horse since the titans got the nod. Id like to hear how he is going to react to the possibility that he may have a criminal on his books. Might take him down a peg or two

what parading?

and if he intends to plead not guilty then wouldn't Searle look like a dick for saying anything remotely damning about Laffranchi?

Raider_69

Post Whore
dont worry, im aware that he is innocent untill proven guilty, but searle's reaction is something im very much looking forward too

Raider_69

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
Most contracts cease on the 31st October of each year unless otherwise agreed upon between the player and club.

fair enough, so lets say hypothetically he is found guilty and the NRL elects to fine the club? given it happened in september, the tigers might be in for big fine

El Diablo

Post Whore
Raider_69 said:
dont worry, im aware that he is innocent untill proven guilty, but searle's reaction is something im very much looking forward too

why?

he seems to get you wet

Raider_69

Post Whore
El Diablo said:
i'm not the one sitting around waiting to hear what Searle has to say

actually, im sitting hear discussing league matters with other league fans, co incidently, the same thing your doing :cool:

Spike

First Grade
super_coach said:
you can get a sexual assult rap for pinching someone on the bottom in 2007,although one would think the charges are bigger than that.

No you can't

mattyg

Bench
Holy sh*t i thought the matter was resolved. Since it hasn't been, i'm extremely curious as to why the tel-u-sh*t only spent about 2 days on the story compared to the 6 weeks they spent on the bulldogs non incident. Either way, its not great news for our game

Eelectrica

Referee
The Colonel said:
I'd like to see the NRL or the Titans take the step and stand him down from all games until such time as the case has been heard. In his own best interests and that of the game that they do so IMO.
Sounds fair, I guess if found innocent which hopefully he is they then backpay what he would be owed.
Guess the Titans are going to have seek some legal advice themselves before going ahead with action.

skeepe

Immortal
mattyg said:
Holy sh*t i thought the matter was resolved. Since it hasn't been, i'm extremely curious as to why the tel-u-sh*t only spent about 2 days on the story compared to the 6 weeks they spent on the bulldogs non incident. Either way, its not great news for our game

It was 3 years ago. Get over it.