What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laffranchi charged over sexual assault

Quidgybo

Bench
Mr Saab said:
Dane Tilse will take a storng interest in this.
He wasnt even charged and he was punted for 2005.
But he did break the club's code of conduct and thus his contractual agreement with the club. That didn't require charges. This charge stems from an incident totally outside of the Titan's contractual control, having occurred while the player was still contracted to a previous employer. The best they can do is respect the presumption of innocence and distance themselves and the game as much as possible until it is resolved one way or the other. It is vital they do this early in the process and don't let the circus drag on too long before acting.

Leigh

Mr Saab

Referee
I am sure plenty of players break their clubs code of conduct but dont get punted.
IF you are a neville you have your contract torn up.
If you are a star...........
And yes i am aware that Anthony didnt break Titans rules...i am just stating it in general

brooksy19

Bench
Dogaholic said:
The West's Tigers Club has brought the game into disrepute and should be fined accordingly. Ray Hadley and Rebecca Wilson also need to blow this story out of all proportion. This was the standard set by the NRL without any charges being filed against any Bulldogs player in the Coff's fiasco.

His Wests Tigers playing career was over, its a criminal matter now, thats all.

The Rhino

Juniors
Dogaholic said:
The West's Tigers Club has brought the game into disrepute and should be fined accordingly. Ray Hadley and Rebecca Wilson also need to blow this story out of all proportion. This was the standard set by the NRL without any charges being filed against any Bulldogs player in the Coff's fiasco.

Not to mention the Gower rubbish!!!

Willow said:
Here we go again... people assuming guilt. It never ceases to amaze how people are so easily led by a headline.

Let me spell it out for one and all:

alleged assault

It may be true, it may not be true. Please keep it in perspective.

Shame some people do that, Willow, especially when it involved Gower. At least in this incident, he has been charged, now its up to the courts. Will be interested to see if this player, Laffranchi, cops the same crap from some posters on here as Gower, the Bulldogs and in some ways, Pritchard copped over their incidents. Pritchard will get charged for affray, no doubt there but that is completely different to being charged with sexual assault.

Quidgybo

Bench
Mr Saab said:
I am sure plenty of players break their clubs code of conduct but dont get punted.
IF you are a neville you have your contract torn up.
If you are a star...........
So? Doesn't change the fact the club is within it's contractual rights if the club says don't do X and the player does. This case is different because of the change of employer between alleged incident and charge. But even in the absence of a contractual breach, that doesn't stop the club distancing itself and the game from an employee charged with a very serious criminal offence until the matter is resolved.

Leigh.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yet Andrew Walker gets 2 years for a having a line of coke at a party.

Please tell me why one criminal charge is better or worse than another?

What did the police charge Andrew Walker with?

Quidgybo

Bench
Would he even be allowed to leave the country until this is resolved? It is a sexual assualt charge after all.

Leigh.

Mr Saab

Referee
Quidgybo said:
So? Doesn't change the fact the club is within it's contractual rights if the club says don't do X and the player does. This case is different because of the change of employer between alleged incident and charge. But even in the absence of a contractual breach, that doesn't stop the club distancing itself and the game from an employee charged with a very serious criminal offence until the matter is resolved.

Leigh.

The NRL deregistered Tilse....and he was charged with nothing.
Yes, what Dane did was as apart of a team event where as what Anthony is ALLEGED to have done was outside the "team" environment.

Mr Saab said:
Dane Tilse will take a storng interest in this.
He wasnt even charged and he was punted for 2005.

As well though with Dane as much as I hated too loose a junior kangaroo.... He did cop repeated warnings for other infringements by the club.

That said he was deregistered by the NRL as well.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
IF he were found guilty, and i have no feelings about this one way or the other, i'm sure the GC said they didnt want players at the club who would get themselseves in trouble off the field. WHich makes me wonder why they want chris walker

sooperdooper

First Grade
i feel for the titans in this case.... they had signed a good player whom is very important to them and i am guessing 75% sure that he may no longer be with the club...

The Colonel

Immortal
Steel Dragon said:
From the Telegraph...

Whats with that?

He wasn't arrested and taken into custody...... I would assume that the police contacted him and asked him to come in to answer some questions. Looks a little better if he comes along voluntarily and I'm sure that he would have done so on the advice of his lawyer.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
According to the article he was charged on september 4 last year. What has taken the media so long to jump on this? Something they have been hanging onto for the start of the comp?

The Colonel

Immortal
Tap Twist Snap said:
According to the article he was charged on september 4 last year. What has taken the media so long to jump on this? Something they have been hanging onto for the start of the comp?

Laffranchi, 26, now with the Gold Coast Titans, voluntarily attended Burwood police station this morning to be interviewed over the alleged sexual assault six months ago.

After several hours of questioning he was then charged with one count of sexual assault on a 26-year-old woman on September 4 last year.

He was only charged today over the incident that happened on that date in September.....

[furrycat]

Coach
Wow that is the dumbest theory ever.

You do realise you don't just get a slap on the wrist for sexual assault? Why the f**k would he admit something he didn't do and risk going to jail for it?

Raider_69

Post Whore
all this talk of tilse being interested in the outcome, privately i think your right but publically he'll be doing his level best to avoid the incident, as he has in all incidents since his deregistering.

If the NRL are consistant, he (laffranchi) will be deregistered for 2 years.... if tilses gets a year without any charges, Laffranchi should cop at least 2 years. Also if the titans no dickhead policy is still in effect, they should tear his contract up... I notice Serle, ake mr morality has been aweful quiet on this one

Latest posts