What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laffranchi charged over sexual assault

Balmain_Boy

Jeezus. If he's our player, Titans' player, who cares? If Laffranchi committed the alleged crime he's a scumbag. If he didn't it's really unfortunate. None of us are in a position to say what has occurred. BUT whichever way, neither club is responsible. People should really leave their agendas at the door.

Let's just hope justice is done.

vlad

juniors
it's rehash time

http://www.smh.com.au:80/news/league/league-daterape-claim-hinges-on-drug-result/2006/09/07/1157222264931.html

League date-rape claim hinges on drug result

Jacquelin Magnay

September 8, 2006

A WESTS TIGERS rugby league player has told teammates he was intimately involved with a 26-year-old woman who has made allegations of a possible drugged rape to police.
It now appears that any possible criminal case, and the severity of it, hinges on the presence, or otherwise, of any date rape drug in a urine sample provided by the woman.
The Herald understands that no one apart from the one player at the party - held at the home of Ryan O'Hara in Five Dock early on Monday morning and attended by about 20 other players and non-players - was involved with the woman.
The player's version of events has eased initial concerns of league officials that the alleged possible sexual assault may have involved more than one player.
The player - who is not O'Hara - has told teammates that he had sex with the woman but that it was consensual. It is understood others at the party may not have witnessed the two together, with others in the room saying they were asleep at the time.
The woman, who had met the player at a Kings Cross nightclub, had partied with the Wests Tigers group of players and then travelled to O'Hara's apartment separately in a taxi.
A NSW police spokeswoman said inquiries were continuing.
As yet no players have been interviewed by police, who are awaiting forensic results from evidence taken from the unit and from the woman. None of the players has yet engaged a lawyer. The Wests Tigers chief executive, Steve Noyce, said the police had told him that they would contact him in a couple of days. He said the club was trying to maintain normality, with scheduled weight training continuing three times a week.
"We are keeping a business-as-usual approach, they will continue to train," Mr Noyce said.
and this from the same day in the Daily Telegraph .

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,20370502-5006009,00.html

the link doesn't work anymore but the article contained this very important bit of information

The Daily Telegraph can also reveal that tests carried out on the woman have detected no date-rape drugs in her system.

at which point most people would've thought "case closed"

I guess those people (myself included) were mistaken ...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
simon says said:
You're just full of questions aren't you......

:lol: :lol:
And I note that you're not answering.

Looks like you're a tad embarrassed so I'll let you off the hook.

El Diablo

Post Whore
vlad said:
it's rehash time

http://www.smh.com.au:80/news/leagu...-on-drug-result/2006/09/07/1157222264931.html

and this from the same day in the Daily Telegraph .

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,20370502-5006009,00.html

the link doesn't work anymore but the article contained this very important bit of information

at which point most people would've thought "case closed"

I guess those people (myself included) were mistaken ...

or the papers reported things incorrectly

they seem to do a that a lot

simon says

First Grade
Willow said:
And I note that you're not answering.

Looks like you're a tad embarrassed so I'll let you off the hook.

Yeah....you've got me cornered......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

B.A. Baracus

Juniors
Geez. It's getting to the stage where all Rugby League players will have to have their tallywhackers lopped off the minute they hit first grade in order to protect the game being any further sullied.

If true - and I can't stress the IF enough - This just can't go on....something's gotta give.

Players have got to start being sent packing. Permanently. Like Latu last year. Except...he got to go to a nice fat contract in the UK. Yeah. Big punishment....

This is what Gallop had to say:
"It's obviously a very serious charge and we need to leave it to the police and the courts at this stage," NRL chief executive David Gallop said.

"Where the facts are undisputed, it's possible for us to take action now.

"But on this occasion, the player is protesting his innocence and therefore we must leave it to the police and courts to make a decision."

reading this, i dont think some of our fans will be to happy about this, you cant really blame them in a sense.

ngap

Juniors
jimmy_the_greek said:
reading this, i dont think some of our fans will be to happy about this, you cant really blame them in a sense.

Do anymore leads them to possibly facing contempt charges, so they don't have much choice.

Yes, the titans could ask him to stand aside but not much more.

ngap said:
Do anymore leads them to possibly facing contempt charges, so they don't have much choice.

Yes, the titans could ask him to stand aside but not much more.

basically, i was reffering to bulldogs fans been angry about this, the club was fined for the same thing, the players never said they were guilty either, gallop never turned around and said to wait for the court to make the decission, and even when there was a decision made to drop the case due to insavitient evidence, we were still fined for bringing the game into disrepute, which this is doing also

im not saying that the same should happen to them, neither will some of the other dogs fans, most of us just want to be treated like the rest.

im not saying it in a whinging type of way, just speaking from the heart, because im sure many are still angry/upset of what happend back then and what is happening know.

Inferno

Coach
Interesting last year how most on here were howling for Latu's head and he wasn't afforded the same presumption of innocence, nor even were the NRL willing to wait for the court hearing. What a load of hypocritical tripe.

JJ

Immortal
Inferno said:
Interesting last year how most on here were howling for Latu's head and he wasn't afforded the same presumption of innocence, nor even were the NRL willing to wait for the court hearing. What a load of hypocritical tripe.

Indeed - one could speculate...

The police generally don't lay charges in these sorts of cases unless there is a fairly sound case... will be interesting for sure

nqboy

First Grade
Quidgybo said:
Regardless of how he comes across, at every turn he has ensured the Titan's are a mile ahead of anything that has gone before them on the Gold Coast. If this franchise finally capitalises on the huge potential for sport in that region then it'll be largely down to him. Personally, I can put up with a complete wanker if it means that potential is delivered to RL instead of a rival code.

Leigh.
The funny part is the quality of the blokes calling Searle a w*nker.

nqboy

First Grade
jimmy_the_greek said:
there was a decission made to drop the case due to insavitient evidence
There's plenty of typos and poor spelling on this forum but this would have to be one of the worst efforts I've seen.

nqboy

First Grade
griffo346 said:
WHERE WAS DAWNY FRASIER WHEN THIS HAPPENED :x :x :x

SHE SEEMS TO BE EVERYWHERE WHEN GOWIE IS IN TROUBLE WHERE WAS SHE AT THIS INCIDENT
Very true. Always good for a rant Our Dawn.