What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lance Thompson

griffo346

First Grade
I know relistically we prolly cant but do you guys think we should sign Lance Thompson after he was sacked by the dragons before this happened he has been proven to be a top footy player and pretty loyal to the dragons

if i was admin i would give him 250,000

i guess what i am saying if you where admin would you sign him and if so how much for

Big Mick

Referee
I'd give him $150,000 - $200,000 if I was Penrith...

I like the look of this pack:
8. Norrie
9. Priddis
10. Clinton
11. Thompson
12. Puletua
13. Rodney

14. F.Puletua
15. Cross
16. Pritchard
17. Waterhouse

One things for sure...with that pack...Defence sure wont be a problem

No ****ing way in hell!!!!!

We have 527 second rowers, we have two Test second rowers already in Puletua and Pritchard....and Thompson is crap!

He is a middle of the road player that goes missing or makes mistakes under pressure.

Thats just on the field...off the field he obviously has issues as well.

He is the last thing we need at our club.

panthersballboy

Juniors
Although I don't think he is crap, I have to agree with LF. We have plenty of 2nd rowers so I don't think we should sign him.

Big Mick

Referee
I think we're one second rower short next season...quality second rower....After next season however we'll have Junior, Matt Bell...Enosi etc we wont need him...but for 1 season...to provide a bit of guidance to the young guys...it'd be good

JJ

Immortal
first - he's not crap.

Second - I think he'd add some balance to the Penrith backrow...

Whats he ever done? He hasnt done a fraction of what Waterhouse, Puletua or Prichard have done.

Even the likes of Swain and Rodney have achieved more than him!

griffo346

First Grade
i like the thought of lance being in the back row at penrith

also gives the chance of pritchard to continue his impact he has

Fibroman

First Grade
We didn't have the funds to buy a decent centre. Where the hell will we get the 150k plus required to secure Thompson's signature. He will go to Souths, Manly or Canberra.

Henson

Juniors
i'm told the sharkies are circling for his services,st george are a crap outfit,they have treated like dirt BOO

choc_soldier

Coach
Fibroman said:
We didn't have the funds to buy a decent centre. Where the hell will we get the 150k plus required to secure Thompson's signature. He will go to Souths, Manly or Canberra.

I think it was a hypothetical, but yeah, I agree 100% - if we had that money, it would be better trying to get a quality centre... that's if one was available.

Big Mick

Referee
thing is...he'd play for practically nothing...at least for next season.

Offer him a 1 year contract...then he can go to the gold coast...his experience will only help the younger forwards coming through.

The Rhino

Juniors
He would be pushing to get a decent contract anywhere with any club in Australia. He would have to virtually play for next to nothing in 2006 if he wanted to continue playing in the NRL, similar to what we did with Amos Roberts.

Latest posts