What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last Storm try after fulltime??

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Point is, other wrong refereeing decisions also had an impact on the result...reverse them as well...or that's not in the Dragons favour?
Sorry, but you're still missing it.

I'm guessing you were barracking for the Storm, I saw plenty of of dodgy decision go against Saints - but that's not the point. For the incidents you mention, both teams had the opportunity to overcome any controversial refereeing.

My argument is based on the last error where was no chance of a comeback. Hopefully the NRL will make it so that sort of error can't happen again.

I don't want to see any future contest decided like that for any team, including the Sharks.

betcats

Referee

I'm guessing you were barracking for the Storm, I saw plenty of of dodgy decision go against Saints - but that's not the point. For the incidents you mention, both teams had the opportunity to overcome any controversial refereeing.

My argument is based on the last error where was no chance of a comeback. Hopefully the NRL will make it so that sort of error can't happen again.

I don't want to see any future contest decided like that for any team, including the Sharks.

The dragons had a chance to recover as well, all they had to do was tackle one of the storm merkins and the Dragons win.

Lol@acting like this stuff up is sooo much worse then the ones that benifitted your team.

ek999

First Grade

So you would be happy to see the 2009 minor premiershiop awarded to the Bulldogs and the Dragons to pay them the $100,000 prize money they missed out on?

Spot On

Coach
The Dragons had the chance to put the football down the other end of the field with just over a minute left but Widdop did what he thought was the right thing and punched it over the sideline. Great idea, piss poor execution and beautiful field position for Mlb with 50 seconds remaining. Now they were very unlucky to be beaten in the end but surely Saints fans were a little worried giving Mlb the ball back where that scrum was packed???

LatK7

First Grade
The dragons had a chance to recover as well, all they had to do was tackle one of the storm merkins and the Dragons win.

Lol@acting like this stuff up is sooo much worse then the ones that benifitted your team.

The tackle would have been null and void just like the 'try'.

Parra

Referee
Difference between this and other refereeing blunders is that this is a straight factual f**k up.

No room for interpretation / obscured vision / bad angle.

It is time keeping ffs. This would cause a blow up in a junior match. It is a joke that it happened and a worse joke that it affected the outcome of the match. Might as well be soccer officiating if this goes unfixed.

STORM.99/07

Bench
No he didn't, he asked for the Dragons to be awarded the 2 points and for 2 points to be taken off the Storm.

There is a precedent for this in the AFL, and if the NRL has already come out and said they made a mistake then I think Doust has a pretty good argument.

Doust asked to be awarded 2 points and for Storm to keep the 2 points as they weren`t at fault either..
Storm were just playing to the whistle as ALL teams would have done.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Legal action :lol:

Wake up to yourselves Dragons fans.

of course.. i'm with you here and i believe using legal action to get your own way when it comes to rugby league is just a childish, disgusting act and is only used by those who have no morals and have no place in this competition.

[youtube]BnKw_iLfngY[/youtube]

Lambretta

First Grade
There was a dud call on top of it. Last pass was a mile forward.

I thought that too until I watched the replay - the camera angle made it look forward, but it was flat

That said, I thought the siren had sounded before the play was made watching it in real time and that the referee should have blown the game dead

But in Rugby League the players are taught from day dot to play to the whistle. The Dragons defenders should have shut down the attack. The looked to be more worried about the fact the referees hadn't stopped the game than doing so themselves

But I did feel sorry for the Dragons it was a tough thing to take. - In the same way I felt sorry for the Storm the week before when the referees incorrectly blew a penalty at full time when a Titans player dropped the ball

There was no video ref footage used for that error either so it seems the Storm are one all in acts of God. The Dragons are down one nil.

Only the Roosters are wondering why God hates them as much as the rest of the Rugby League World :p;-)

Danish

Referee
Based on the rule book, I'm not certain the video ref is able to rule on "time".

And I'm still not sure that if it had been sent to video ref, and he was able to rule on it, that the try would have been disallowed, simply because I'm not confident that the video ref would have come to the same decision as the NRL had come to (ie would they have hidden behind the "not enough conclusive evidence to overrule" bullshit).

http://www.nrl.com/portals/nrl/RadEditor/Documents/NRL Rules book 2013FINAL.pdf

I'm sure the rules don't allow for it right now, but that would be the easiest thing in the world to change.

As to whether or not the video ref would have made the same call, how on earth could they not? They know the rules, don't they?

Dragons01

First Grade
I don't understand how people don't get it. Saints leaking 14 points is irrelevant. Teams make comebacks all the time sometimes they win, sometimes the comeback is not enough. Same as decisions on forward passes etc during the course of a game. These things happen all the time BUT at the end of the 80 minutes whether a team deserved it or not if you are ahead on the scoreboard you are given the two points.

At the end of the 80 minutes on Monday night the team in front on the scoreboard was not given the two points because of an officiating error. There is no room for movement here, no touch and go, no chance to recover.

It has always been regardless of refs decisions or score changes during a game that the team in front on the scoreboard at the full time wins. This did not happen Monday night.

Lambretta

First Grade
Had a great time celebrating our GF victory that day carch :D
How did you celebrate the sharks GF victory again?. O, wait...

I imagine the Sharks fans would end up drinking themselves to death if they ever won a GF

For the sake of the kiddies, don't do it Sharkies
Don't win anything ever. Please we beg you. After all, its your welfare we're thinking of here.

Muzby 1 DKOR 0. Game over.

However, you can't get your two points back for a referee stuff up in my opinion.

The Dragons were happy to accept the ref's decision regarding B. Morris going out into touch prior to Gaz's try in the 2010 Grand Final and also happy to cop the 50/50 call re Merrin's try.

I believe this would open a Pandora's box of retrospective legal action.

No. Don't do it. Can't happen.

Lambretta

First Grade
I don't understand how people don't get it. Saints leaking 14 points is irrelevant. Teams make comebacks all the time sometimes they win, sometimes the comeback is not enough. Same as decisions on forward passes etc during the course of a game. These things happen all the time BUT at the end of the 80 minutes whether a team deserved it or not if you are ahead on the scoreboard you are given the two points.

At the end of the 80 minutes on Monday night the team in front on the scoreboard was not given the two points because of an officiating error. There is no room for movement here, no touch and go, no chance to recover.

It has always been regardless of refs decisions or score changes during a game that the team in front on the scoreboard at the full time wins. This did not happen Monday night.

Plenty of games have been won after the siren before

Play to the whistle young man

betcats

Referee

No we get it, but the fact that you were lucky to be in front anyway and also that all you had to do was defend one more play and couldnt means we just dont give a f**k. At the end of the day a ref error cost you the game, happens a lot.

If the dragons won it would of been because of a ref error on the dugan and proctor tries.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Lambretta, with respect you should watch the incident.

They did play to the whistle.
The siren sounded before the play the ball.

I'm sure the rules don't allow for it right now, but that would be the easiest thing in the world to change.

As to whether or not the video ref would have made the same call, how on earth could they not? They know the rules, don't they?

And I am sure that Toddy G and David Smith have already started looking at whether that needs to be clarified in the rule book.

As for whether or not the video refs know the rules? Mate, I wouldn't be confident of that in that at all. I'm sure some of them don't, just like a good proportion of the players don't either.