What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LATEST NEW'S 8

HappyTiger

Juniors
tiger_nick said:
Turner is a AWESOME, I would love him on the wing for us! But would that mean the leaving of Simon Greally? :?

That concerns me.Greally in my opinion is a future rep player.I would hate to see his future jeapordised by this.

innsaneink

Referee
Bonstonker said:
the good thing about this years recruitment is that we are going for younger players looking to prove their worth instead of players 28 and over who have finished developing.
we certainly don't look like a retirement home next year.

Yeah its pleasing for me as well.....and most people I'd think.
Good to see there is at least SOME foresight being shown now....

MAFIA

Juniors
tigermania said:
Coming from the Wests side of things i'm not surprised that the Wests side will not merge.There getting there arse kicked as per usual,unfortunatly these poor souls just like being losers , who cares!!!!! The 10 people that go to the Cambo ground to watch them good luck to you.Tradition lives on at the expence of the future !

This is a touchy subject, so its wests who dont want to merge, and yet balmain would do it tomorrow, hmmm now a few years ago i think both clubs didnt want anything to do with a pl merge. Now we have balmain
(apparently) now wanting to merge, sounds to me that balmain are either
falling by the wayside ( money,revenue, leagues club support) and are finding things a bit tough financialy.Now wests on the other hand have 2 leagues club now they to might be running short on money too who nos
and sure the sides are not playing good, it seems to me balmain were not keen to merge years ago ????? why all of a sudden do they want to merge
look im a western suburbs fan have been for years,but since day 1 of this jv i have posted here that the pl sides merge,and become as strong if not stronger then the saints\illawarra side,just look at there juniors coming through there systym,there is no in fighting on where new players will be playing saints or illawarra, 1 club and producing good quality players

im mafia you don't like my opinion tuff luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigerdan

Juniors
MAFIA said:
tigermania said:
Coming from the Wests side of things i'm not surprised that the Wests side will not merge.There getting there arse kicked as per usual,unfortunatly these poor souls just like being losers , who cares!!!!! The 10 people that go to the Cambo ground to watch them good luck to you.Tradition lives on at the expence of the future !

This is a touchy subject, so its wests who dont want to merge, and yet balmain would do it tomorrow, hmmm now a few years ago i think both clubs didnt want anything to do with a pl merge. Now we have balmain
(apparently) now wanting to merge, sounds to me that balmain are either
falling by the wayside ( money,revenue, leagues club support) and are finding things a bit tough financialy.Now wests on the other hand have 2 leagues club now they to might be running short on money too who nos
and sure the sides are not playing good, it seems to me balmain were not keen to merge years ago ????? why all of a sudden do they want to merge
look im a western suburbs fan have been for years,but since day 1 of this jv i have posted here that the pl sides merge,and become as strong if not stronger then the saints\illawarra side,just look at there juniors coming through there systym,there is no in fighting on where new players will be playing saints or illawarra, 1 club and producing good quality players

im mafia you don't like my opinion tuff luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i agree with ya mate

jirskyr

Juniors
Is this Steve Turner everyone is talking about? Or another bloke?

I think depth is always a plus. If Greally is going to be a very good player in the future, why not have him prove it ahead of another decent player. Its a win/win.

PS Thanks for your info Maxie. Defn the most exciting posts in this forum atm!

Tigerpete

Juniors
I would too westie, there's room for them both though. They've both played wing at some stage of their careers of late .

tiger_nick

Bench
westie said:
Turner is the gun young fullback wing player in league. I'd take him over Greally any day.

So would I mate, however you never like to see a talented local junior leave. Plus you can usually keep your juniors for considerably less. I'm still angey we let Macey leave

barrytiger

Juniors
tigermania said:
yet the magpies and balmain made the 8 last year and the tigers will make it this year. in other words im not prepared to see balmain pl or wests for that matter merge because there having a lean year.long live the balmain tigers and wests magpies :roll:

Famous1

Juniors
barrytiger said:
tigermania said:
yet the magpies and balmain made the 8 last year and the tigers will make it this year. in other words im not prepared to see balmain pl or wests for that matter merge because there having a lean year.long live the balmain tigers and wests magpies :roll:
:iwstupid:

BJ

Juniors
Thanx for the info max..
appreciated as always.. with out your regular updates 95% of the fans wouldn't have any info at all.
Steve turner would be a good pick up, alot of panthers fans and commentators had wraps on him before he went to melbourne.

steven_tiger

Juniors
hmm.. very interesting and some good news there.

havent seen much of jensen... has some raps on him though.

turner would be a sensational buy... go all out and chuck him on the wing...

donald - wouldnt worry if we got turner, but if turner falls through get him.

jobson - average.. but who is left? not many.

looking good. hopefully we can pick a few of them up.

btw.. fats wont even get a start in our team next year if he keeps playing like that. he was shocking on friday night.

stapelton was good against us... but the fox mob said the deal was no-where near done.

max - was this player you were talking about jensen? the player who you couldnt name who was "even better than jobson" ? :lol:

Vicious

Bench
magpiemax said:
steven_tiger said:
max - was this player you were talking about jensen? the player who you couldnt name who was "even better than jobson" ? :lol:
No comment.
It better not be Jensen.He`s ordinary,besides Max said this certain player was a second rower/prop.Jensen is a feather weight forward who has never played prop in his life and he has no aggression whatsoever.We need big,strong aggressive type players as we already have enough pansys playing for us!

Davester

Juniors
How long till the signing happens?? it's been talked about for a fair bit now...I wanna see some ink on paper signings now...

daslacker

Juniors
Yeah well i haven't taken much notice of jensen.Take your word for it Vicious.

I want steve turner.He would be great on the wing.IMO

I'm waiting to see us finish our recuitment before i make comments.